• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sequel ideas

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Nero feels like certain DC/Marvel characters called Legacy Characters which are Robin, She-hulk, Superboy, War Machine etc that are cool characters but you feel like you dont really need them if you have "the real McCoy" so to speak.

It be best just to change him up since he is someone who fans are divided on but that begs the question how far is to far which is what DmC has suffered from since the get go.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Nero feels like certain DC/Marvel characters called Legacy Characters which are Robin, She-hulk, Superboy, War Machine etc that are cool characters but you feel like you dont really need them if you have "the real McCoy" so to speak.

Holy sh8 you just perfectly described how I feel about Nero.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Holy sh8 you just perfectly described how I feel about Nero.
creative writing skills at work bro :cool:

He's not a bad character they just didnt stick the landing, either because they werent that into him ( he was more kobayashi's brainchild than Itsuno's) or due to outside difficulties (the dev time getting cut, fans wanting something else)

So maybe DmC might have better luck with him.

@Blackquill
Im a fan of the wolf among us so I do approve of a noirish DmC but i think people would want a more epic/bombastic style of storytelling for a sequel.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
@Z218
I think it could work if you correctly pace the bombastic action gameplay against Noir-ish stoty scenes.
Though it wasn't a serious idea I was putting forward, more like me daydreaming what if kind of thing.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Hey! SB and the Robins are more "extended family" than Legacy characters, with their own unique stlyes and personalities.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Hey! SB and the Robins are more "extended family" than Legacy characters, with their own unique stlyes and personalities.
buddy it was just an example to get a point across, no harm or disrespect meant cause i dig those characters too.

I just meant that there are a few negative aspects to them as a whole that Nero embodies so its good to try and rethink him.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Something I feel could be improved in the sequel is the mission structure, it feels outdated and hurts the flow of the game IMO. It can still be a mission oriented game, just rather than just a mission select menu, you could have it like inFamous, a sandbox to run around in. You could even have side missions like hunting rare demons for money or optional bosses.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Something I feel could be improved in the sequel is the mission structure, it feels outdated and hurts the flow of the game IMO. It can still be a mission oriented game, just rather than just a mission select menu, you could have it like inFamous, a sandbox to run around in. You could even have side missions like hunting rare demons for money or optional bosses.
Maybe have Dante's base be a hub world in which you can revisit old areas for optional challenges and interact with other cast.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I want a DLC where Dante has to do a case involving comic-con or a bunch of wannabee superheroes who sell their souls to be "legit heroes".

An exploration of Dante's angel side and what angels are actually like (society, powers, purpose etc) would be cool.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I want a DLC where Dante has to do a case involving comic-con or a bunch of wannabee superheroes who sell their souls to be "legit heroes".

lol, that's like those batmans in hockey pads.. would be funny seeing dante's comments towards em

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Now that he's taken over as king of the demon world, have Vergil turn his sights to the angels (So he can rule all), the angels turn to Dante for help, but he doesn't fully trust them (See Supernatural's version of angels to see why)

Judge

Now that he's taken over as king of the demon world, have Vergil turn his sights to the angels (So he can rule all), the angels turn to Dante for help, but he doesn't fully trust them (See Supernatural's version of angels to see why)

You know I've seen bits and bobs of Supernatural when its on. It looks like the angels are villains in that, although I'm not sure.

With what you said, I think angels are the next step definitely. Would like to see the angels as a threat to Dante, where he's surrounded by enemies on both sides.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
You know I've seen bits and bobs of Supernatural when its on. It looks like the angels are villains in that, although I'm not sure.

With what you said, I think angels are the next step definitely. Would like to see the angels as a threat to Dante, where he's surrounded by enemies on both sides.
Not quite, Angels aren't really evil. But they have this whole end justifies the means kinda mentality, and most of them don't truly care about human beings much. Like one episode they were willing to nuke a town, for lack of a better description, to kill one demon. Though as I'm writing this, I remember that raising this particular demon, was a seal to raise Lucifer from hell.

Last edited:

Gray Knight

Does this count as necromancy?
Anyways I'd have a half demon character and a half angel character to be introduced to contrast to the Nephilim.
Maybe retool Nero into a half demon and Lucia into a half angel. Create a bit of a composite charater even, by having features of Kyrie integrated into this new Lucia. Having them as a badass duo would be pretty cool to see especially in a co-op mode of sorts.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I had the idea of using Credo and Kyrie as angel/human hybrids and having Sanctus be the human dad and a retooled Gloria as the angel mom.

just a fun flip on certain tropes because we don't often see human/otherworldly creature pairings that have the guy be human.

I rather hold off on nero as you have to retool him.

Gray Knight

Eh, I figure by introducing him alongside a contrasting character/counterpart and having him guarenteed to not be related to the twins would have made him easier to accept. Especially since DmC's world has less focus on Sparda and this version of Vergil is even less likely to have a child with a human.
Also I'm not sure about an Angel mom Gloria, sure you're flipping the trope of human mom, non-human dad but you're also playing a tendency for female angel and male demon thing straight. Though it could work fine.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Eh, I figure by introducing him alongside a contrasting character/counterpart and having him guarenteed to not be related to the twins would have made him easier to accept. Especially since DmC's world has less focus on Sparda and this version of Vergil is even less likely to have a child with a human.
Also I'm not sure about an Angel mom Gloria, sure you're flipping the trope of human mom, non-human dad but you're also playing a tendency for female angel and male demon thing straight. Though it could work fine.
I was gonna have Sanctus be a regular human rather than him being a male demon. He is angellically powered though and it allows him to suppress his age. He and Gloria are supposed to be a showing of Love not always working out or being the magical happy thing people make it to be.

I'm not against Nero being Vergil or Dante's kid. In fact i thought the easiest way to introduce him was to pick up from the end of DMC2 and have him be Dante's son coming to check up on him and finding Lucia instead. So it's more how they brought him in than who he was that was the issue with DMC4 for me.

So I'm cool with him being Dante's kid or Vergil's in DmC, I just rather he be raised by them rather than finding out as an adult.

Gray Knight

I could see Nero being as one of those but that would require a timeskip of significant time for Nero to age up and a DmC2 should at least happen not to long after DmC 1 since I figure it would be a fight between Dante and Vergil so unless he spent 17 years building up a powerbase I wouldn't see that for DmC2 to have a protagonist being Nero that is a child of Dante (and Kat) I'd presume.
Then again my inner munchkin would enjoy seeing a combo between Angel, Demon and Human spiritual medium for maximum genetic lottery.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I could see Nero being as one of those but that would require a timeskip of significant time for Nero to age up and a DmC2 should at least happen not to long after DmC 1 since I figure it would be a fight between Dante and Vergil so unless he spent 17 years building up a powerbase I wouldn't see that for DmC2 to have a protagonist being Nero that is a child of Dante (and Kat) I'd presume.
Then again my inner munchkin would enjoy seeing a combo between Angel, Demon and Human spiritual medium for maximum genetic lottery.
It is possible to introduce Nero without a connection to Dante but that role could be filled by other characters (new and old) so it's better to keep that connection and push him down the road (like after DmC2)

Trish might make more sense to bring in for DmC2

Top Bottom