• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reuben Langdon teases DMC5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Rangerstop this year had a Devil May Cry panel with Reuben Langdon, Dan-gerous Southworth and Johnny Yong Bosch together again after a long time.

During the Q&A session, Reuben says something interesting at about 12:27...

Apparently he's talked with "someone who knows someone at Capcom", about the fact that they are going to make a DMC5.
He also says apparently Itsuno and the guys at Capcom are discussing the possibility of a sequel to the original saga.

He keeps insisting it's all rumor (obviously, cause it is) and nothing's official at all, but I thought I'd spread the word about this last drop in the ocean of torture that is the long ass fan's wait for a DMC5.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Just don't censor it Capcom!!!

Yeah I wouldn't want to see the colored goo from DMC4 again. Blood, please.

If you're talking about sexual stuff, I'd like to remind you that this is DMC, not Leisure Suite Larry or something. If you wanna make a character sexually attractive it's fine, but I don't see how showing off vaginas and naked breasts would step up the game's quality at all, if done in a juvenile way like DMC4 kinda did (even though slightly censored). Yeah the series has always had sexual stuff in it, but don't cross the line into bad taste.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well thats nice that maybe we will get DMC 5 but mostly i would like it to be full M-rated title with no censorship rather not one with that somehow i hate censored M-rated games.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
>Forum begins to collapse in misery and depression
>Members wailing about how series DMC5 isn't even a remote possibility, and how the series is dead
>I try to remind them that DMC makes money, and Capcom goes where the money is
>No one believes me, keeps wallowing in depression
>Actual inside source on Capcom entertaining possibility of DMC5

tumblr_ma2b1823qb1qmahxv.gif
I mean...I don't like being that guy who said "I told you so", but...
...I kinda did.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
giphy.gif

I mean, I'm stoked for a possible DMC5, but...I dunno, I still don't have faith that Capcom will deliver what I want. I'm probably gonna see it anyway and get excited once I see a trailer.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Don't say that out loud.

You'll immediately be silenced.

Well, at least you tried. Bad attempt though.

I mean, I'm stoked for a possible DMC5, but...I dunno, I still don't have faith that Capcom will deliver what I want. I'm probably gonna see it anyway and get excited once I see a trailer.

Don't believe you're alone mate, ever since the DMC5 "ghost hype" following DMC4SE's announcement, I've seen a few people on the net being kind of on the edge. Granted, everybody succumbs to the desire for a new game eventually, but your situation is not as uncommon as you might think.

But let's not lie to ourselves. If a DMC5 got announced, we'd all cream the screen. :laugh:

outoftheblue

What got me the most excited was the comment " the only thing I can say with my rumor ,that makes it more exciting, is that they will be bringing US back" If this rumor is indeed true, Vergil confirmed in DMC5 :laugh:

@Foxtrot94 Thanks for the video. Great stuff. Missed the guys so much.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Yeah I wouldn't want to see the colored goo from DMC4 again. Blood, please.

If you're talking about sexual stuff, I'd like to remind you that this is DMC, not Leisure Suite Larry or something. If you wanna make a character sexually attractive it's fine, but I don't see how showing off vaginas and naked breasts would step up the game's quality at all, if done in a juvenile way like DMC4 kinda did (even though slightly censored). Yeah the series has always had sexual stuff in it, but don't cross the line into bad taste.
The censorship thing is all because of Street Fighter 5 and them censoring it for a "younger, wider audience", the words that helped Capcom become one of the most hated game companies ever.
Yeah SF5 still has all the sexed up and revealing ladies as far as the dick can see, but they still censored some parts of the game and while it may be minor at the moment, it still sucks.
I'm skipping Xenoblade Chronicles X because of it's censorship and that was the only other game I was gonna buy for the WiiU after Bayonetta 2. I can't afford a whole new Japan region Wii U just to play the true version of the game.

I want DMC3 & DMC4 style of sexy ladies to return, the common gaming ladies that are always seen in the Japanese gaming culture, not some toned down bores for the western babies.

Really as a whole I want DMC5 to be a Japanese Game that is not made or changed in anyway to appeal to the western audience, other than English voice actors of course.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
The censorship thing is all because of Street Fighter 5 and them censoring it for a "younger, wider audience", the words that helped Capcom become one of the most hated game companies ever.
Yeah SF5 still has all the sexed up and revealing ladies as far as the dick can see, but they still censored some parts of the game and while it may be minor at the moment, it still sucks.
I'm skipping Xenoblade Chronicles X because of it's censorship and that was the only other game I was gonna buy for the WiiU after Bayonetta 2. I can't afford a whole new Japan region Wii U just to play the true version of the game.

I want DMC3 & DMC4 style of sexy ladies to return, the common gaming ladies that are always seen in the Japanese gaming culture, not some toned down bores for the western babies.
Ah come on man, Lilith was fugly, but Kat was pretty cute

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Ah come on man, Lilith was fugly, but Kat was kinda cute
Agreed on Lilith, but it doesn't matter how cute Kat was, she was boring.

I don't care how people see Gloria, I love Gloria, her scene is everything I want out of DMC ladies, all they do is kick ass and look good while doing it, which is the prime point of Devil May Cry's gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom