• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Red Dead Redemption 2

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
The prequel setting really makes me happy. One of the things that really turned me off the tone and story of Redemption 1 was that it took place in the last years of the West, and was mired in that whole "The West is DYING!" that they kept hammering into the player.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The prequel setting really makes me happy. One of the things that really turned me off the tone and story of Redemption 1 was that it took place in the last years of the West, and was mired in that whole "The West is DYING!" that they kept hammering into the player.

I'm happy it's a prequel too for same reason but I can see why they opted for that period for the original from a story & character perspective as John was meant to be the last of a dying breed.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I even heard that if you're riding your horse at a fast speed and you hit a big rock you didn't see, you won't just stop automatically like most games, you'll actually slam into the rock, breaking you're horse's legs and it'll send you flying forward.
So don't treat your horse like a video game vehicle.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I even heard that if you're riding your horse at a fast speed and you hit a big rock you didn't see, you won't just stop automatically like most games, you'll actually slam into the rock, breaking you're horse's legs and it'll send you flying forward.
So don't treat your horse like a video game vehicle.

I actually heard something like that from one of the previews, the guy playing it was trying to jump onto a moving train and he managed to do it at the last second before it entered a tunnel and his horse smashed into the wall and died after he leapt off. Then he had to get another horse and it wasnt as good as his old one that he had trained and was harder to handle (they have a kind of level rating & progression system based on what I read).

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I was just reading about how you can shoot enemy weapons out of their hands and also shoot the weapons themselves and break them by doing so. That sounds fun!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I had read that in one of the previews too, dead eye can now target 'weak' points for more strategic shot placement.

Red Dead 2 is going to be a lot of fun, I can already tell. Going to be some choir looking after your guns and your horses, but adds complexity and substance to the game.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Red Dead Redemption 2 comes on two discs

The Japanese box art for the game and, more recently, images of the game posted to Twitter, show Rockstar's epic is split into a "data disc" and a "play disc".

It looks like you use the data disc to install the game first, then use the play disc to, predictably, play the game.
That the game comes on two discs is very much a good thing, as Red Dead Redemption 2 weighs in at around 100GB. Without two discs it wouldn't be playable without a significant download.

When it comes to disc installation, on PS4 Red Dead Redemption 2 requires 99GB of space. On Xbox One it requires a whopping 107GB of installation space.

It's the same for Xbox One when it comes to digital installation, but on PS4, 99GB installation space is required for digital, with an additional 50GB required for the installation process.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Dark Drakan - I did really want to get it for my PS4, but it’s only got about 350-400GB space left free and I would have to get it digitally which would require 149GB (Have I got that right?) Does it take less space downloading it on the Xbox One?

Dark Drakan

Admin
@Dark Drakan - I did really want to get it for my PS4, but it’s only got about 350-400GB space left free and I would have to get it digitally which would require 149GB (Have I got that right?) Does it take less space downloading it on the Xbox One?

Yeah it’s around that I believe, final installation may require less space overall as it compresses certain data. I think XB1 might be a slight bit larger in some cases according to sources but couldn’t be 100% sure. I’ve gone for the XB1 disc version as it came with some bonus content.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Dark Drakan - I see. I might just get it for my PS4 anyway then. I could always get more space down the line with an external hard drive.

Top Bottom