• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

rate the combat potential of DmC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Off-topic, but I must bring this to your attention:
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony_Equestria_Girls
I just now found out about this... how did you feel when they became... urghhh...

*shudders*

...human?
Okay, I remember seeing that movie. It was cute, but the pacing was absolutely terrible.
I remember

Sunset Shimmer gets the Crown of Magic

5 seconds later

Sunset Shimmer turns into a mother ****ing DEMON and goes on a freaking RAMPAGE!
roughly a few minutes later

Sunset Shimmer is back to normal, immediately regrets her actions, and apologizes for all of the crap

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Sounds like your average classic DMC game.

Jon-Stewart-saying-Oh-Snap.gif

I know. I couldn't resist.

mrrandomlulz

ok, um...

DmC sucks compared to all other action games. the end.
Yep, it's so bad that I smashed my disc, doused the pieces in gasoline, set fire to it, and blew the bits up.:tongue:
ERMAHGHERD IT R VASTLY SUPERIOR TO THE PRVEUS DMC GAMS CUZ BETTER STORY, U NUBS R ONLY MAD CUZ IT R NOT JAPANESE AND HAIR R DIFURENT!

See guys? The skeptics can stereotype you guys too.

Now back to the topic.

As said earlier, I probably would've enjoyed this game MUCH MORE had it not claimed to be not only a DMC game, but BETTER than the original series.

I mean, Ninja Theory, a small gaming company who virtually no-one gave a **** about before this game, dug themselves into a hole when they challenged the standards of the original series.

I hear people constantly saying to judge it on it's own merits, but that would be like buying Coke AND Pepsi instead of 2 12 packs of Pepsi because you judged both on their own merits even though you know Pepsi is clearly superior.

We HAVE something to compare it to, we HAVE standards for it to meet. So to hell with the whole "it's not as good as DMC3 but you should still buy it on it's own merits"

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
We HAVE something to compare it to, we HAVE standards for it to meet. So to hell with the whole "it's not as good as DMC3 but you should still buy it on it's own merits"
And 4 wasn't as good as 3 -- but that didn't stop you from buying that glorified bloody palace now, did it?

Not that I'm "challenging" you or anything (I honestly think we get along), I'm just making fun.

Last edited:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
this is difficult because besides the basic controls strike, shoot, and jump, DmC feels different from DMC3 and DMC4 combat wise. but i'd say its closer to DMC1 or DMC2. its difficult enough to have fun with and a sense of challenge. unlike DMC3 and DMC4 where you had to have an angry orgy with you're roommate's family just to get an S

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
this is difficult because besides the basic controls strike, shoot, and jump, DmC feels different from DMC3 and DMC4 combat wise. but i'd say its closer to DMC1 or DMC2. its difficult enough to have fun with and a sense of challenge. unlike DMC3 and DMC4 where you had to have an angry orgy with you're roommate's family just to get an S

cd3.jpg

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Just so people think I don't appreciate DMC4's actual combat mechanics, this video is one of my favs its absolutely sick beatdown of berial.

in answer to your vid I gotta show you why I love guardflying and inertia together and why I prefer the freedom in dmc4 inertia guardflying sky star and teleport mixed with the aerial attack jc's make fighting frosts fausts mega scarecrows angelos bosses and lizards so much fun and royal guard with Gilgamesh dive kick can destroy everything hope you enjoy the vid

in answer to your vid I gotta show you why I love guardflying and inertia together and why I prefer the freedom in dmc4 inertia guardflying sky star and teleport mixed with the aerial attack jc's make fighting frosts fausts mega scarecrows angelos bosses and lizards so much fun and royal guard with Gilgamesh dive kick can destroy everything hope you enjoy the vid
Yeah, I've seen that video a few times, like I said DmC just lacks the teleport effect with the angel pull, so it can't look quite as dynamic when angel boosting and calburing back to the target. But its important to keep in mind that this is not because DmC couldn't do it, just well, DmC Dante was designed as a cross between Nero and DMC4 Dante.

mrrandomlulz

One of the biggest advantages DMC has over DmC is that. As clearly shown in the 2011 demos, . This one initially was supposed to stray away from stylishness and into brutality. In the final build, it did get a lot closer to that DMC feel, but at the same time, you could SEE where it sacrificed fast-paced stylish action, for brutality. Heck just look at the combat rankings, it all is "BRUTAL!" and "SADISTIC!" and not one mention of Stylishness.
This takes away the part that made DMC unique and just turns it into another stereotypical action game.

Another thing is that, say what you want about the original DMC's story, but it was a story DESIGNED to fit the gameplay, with DmC, it's vice versa.
I also should remind you people that the Dante in this game didn't even VAGUELY resemble the original Dante until the 2012 Captivate trailer. The Dante of the original trailer actually JABBED A CIGARETTE into a demon's eye, not to mention the finishing moves and such. This supports both of my points above.

Another thing is that, say what you want about the original DMC's story, but it was a story DESIGNED to fit the gameplay, with DmC, it's vice versa.
I also should remind you people that the Dante in this game didn't even VAGUELY resemble the original Dante until the 2012 Captivate trailer. The Dante of the original trailer actually JABBED A CIGARETTE into a demon's eye, not to mention the finishing moves and such. This supports both of my points above.

I'm glad that they removed the throw cars at enemy's bit, but I do wish we had the brutal stuff like poking eyes out with cigarettes, that would have been a pretty solid way to integrate taunts while keeping the awesome slo mo kill cam.

Also, I disagree about DmC's stylishness, the old trailer is still pretty goddamn stylish with Dante flipping over and twosome timing enemies, its just a bit rawer in how its depicted with the whole grunge aesthetic. I think DmC has loads of style, hell one of the biggest complains people keep mentioning is that "oh its just flash, no substance."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom