• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

rate the combat potential of DmC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack500

In DmC you can go through everything you have in one combo.

In DMC 3 you're restricted to 4 out of 10 weapons and 1 style out of 6 at a time

I don't know about DMC 4 but DmC definitely has a greater combat potential than DMC 3

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yes, combat-wise, sure.

But I still want to have all 5 melee weapons available at the same time. They should have done that with DMC3 HD.

I'm good with just 2...or 3.

I would've preferred all 6 styles.

They could've done although it would be requiring altering the original game's code and when you have a random western dev team doing the port I wouldn't advise that I mean they already half-assed the port (or third-assed if you get the joke).

It doesn't change the fact that the combat is mostly streamlined compared to previous entries. You can pretty much get away with just randomly hitting the triggers and mashing the attacks. The game will usually do the rest for you.
You guys seem to be out of reasonable ways to discuss combat mechanics so you're here just spouting nonsense. But yeah, DmC sure as hell beats mashing buttons in DMC4 so you can get QTE finishers with Nero's arm. Oh boy, that sure took loads of skill. And yeah, it was really awesome being artificially held back by an archaic, nonsensical dpad toggling scheme.... Or yeah, I mean you could also just turn on automatic and the game will literally DO THE REST for you. Jeez what a failure dmc4 is, so unstreamlined and convoluted.

I hope you understand the subtext of my response. it doesn't help anyones argument to just say bullshit. DmC has an extremely complex combat system, easy to have fun with, but also very deep for those who want to master it for doing stylish combos. There's no need to sit here constantly posting unsubstantiated nonsense about the mechanics of either game. If you love DMC4 go play DMC4, it doesn't always have to be a ****ing contest, some people here can appreciate the depth both games bring in their own way.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
You guys seem to be out of reasonable ways to discuss combat mechanics so you're here just spouting nonsense. But yeah, DmC sure as hell beats mashing buttons in DMC4 so you can get QTE finishers with Nero's arm. Oh boy, that sure took loads of skill. And yeah, it was really awesome being artificially held back by an archaic, nonsensical dpad toggling scheme.... Or yeah, I mean you could also just turn on automatic and the game will literally DO THE REST for you. Jeez what a failure dmc4 is, so unstreamlined and convoluted.

I hope you understand the subtext of my response. it doesn't help anyones argument to just say bullshit. DmC has an extremely complex combat system, easy to have fun with, but also very deep for those who want to master it for doing stylish combos. There's no need to sit here constantly posting unsubstantiated nonsense about the mechanics of either game. If you love DMC4 go play DMC4, it doesn't always have to be a ******* contest, some people here can appreciate the depth both games bring in their own way.

Well said dude it always comes back to preferences

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
In DMC 3 you're restricted to 4 out of 10 weapons and 1 style out of 6 at a time

Objection.gif

So allow me to get this straight, the defense's argument is that DmC allows for more freedom, in the process, this makes the combat better.
Too bad the defense has it backwards.

edgeworth-shrug.gif

In the process of restricting the player, DMC3 actually makes the player choose a path as to how they wish to approach the combat, this makes getting stylish combos a challenging yet satisfying task.
DmC on the other hand, is the polar opposite. The sheer amount of freedom the player has, makes combos practically TOO EASY to get.

In conclusion.
You just got Edgeworth'd, DMC3 is still the king.
edgeworth-bow(a).gif

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay as a massive originals fan esp DMC3 and DMC4 this is my honest opinion on DmC

I found the gameplay inventive and fun the combat was fluid and expansive although DMC4's combat is my favorite and the most insane in my eyes just my thoughts I had a lot of fun with DmC's combat it wasn't half as hard to master all the JC and aerial capabilities which was a bonus the cancels were quick and had no lag problems the possibilities were high and the air was smart I wasn't a fan of the grappling hooks as I find there cheap so I never use them anyway I enjoyed it and found it very good if I gave dmc4 combat a ten I'd give DmC combat an 8 and I'd give the combat in vergls downfall an 8.5

Caiden

I hope you understand the subtext of my response. it doesn't help anyones argument to just say bullshit. DmC has an extremely complex combat system, easy to have fun with, but also very deep for those who want to master it for doing stylish combos. There's no need to sit here constantly posting unsubstantiated nonsense about the mechanics of either game. If you love DMC4 go play DMC4, it doesn't always have to be a ******* contest, some people here can appreciate the depth both games bring in their own way.

I wasn't screaming that DmC was bad and DMC4 beats it out of the water. There are plenty of people that prefer the style of DmC. I was just stating that the combat of DmC feels more streamlined compared to the other games. It's not a bad thing if you prefer it that way. I just don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom