• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

rate the combat potential of DmC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantenevercries

DmC Dante has like 50 moves, DMC4 Dante has 70 moves..

i also want to apologize for calling OpressedWriter out, i misinterpret what you been saying my apologies

DmC Dante has like 50 moves, DMC4 Dante has 70 moves..

i also want to apologize for calling OpressedWriter out, i misinterpret what you been saying my apologies
Well, thanks, but just to clarify, you need to understand that combat depth and variety do not simply come from having a gigantic move list. That actually was the issue in DMC4, their are lots of moves that were of little use to 95% of players, the point in DmC was to make the controls feel more natural and intuitive while retaining the same combo possibilities, and besides a few inertia techniques, general speed of angel pull vs trickster teleport, they nailed all the same possibilities with a much more organic and focused move set.

Example of a move: Gun Stinger, while cool looking, doesn't seem to do anything different to enemies from regular stinger. Now its fine to have gun stinger and I'd like it, and DmC 2 could easily bring it back, but hopefully it will have different physics properties against enemies.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
As I've said, I did enjoy this game, but it CANNOT compare to how awesome DMC3/4 was, and while that isn't forgivable due to how this game was shoved in our faces as superior, it is expected, because Capcom got a developer with a reputation for making crappy combat, and honestly, although not nearly as fun as DMC3/4, it was actually pretty decent.

My biggest gripe with the combat was it is so damn easy and I never felt like I was taking any risk or being stylish. DmC also encouraged the use of items, which if you played DMC3, was like a kick to the balls at the original series.

But again, this could've been forgiven as shrugged off as 'disappointing', if it weren't for Tameem having the ego the size of a VY Canis Major

Such as? GS, honeycomb fire and the Pandora moves that take 30 years to recover from are the only useless ones I can think of.
Well, well have our preferences, I guess its more a matter of each move should do something different to the enemies, so that in a game like DMC which has free flow combat the player can do more creative stuff by using all the attacks to move the enemy around in interesting ways.

Like Gun Stinger would be great if it had a property like, that you could gun stinger certain enemies like the blitz without taking damage and that it would also launch enemies differently but just havinga different animation for the move which does the same thing as another move can be redundant, I at least feel for any move that involves an input their should be some thing it does unique.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
You can stinger blitz without taking damage sam all you gotta do is royalguard on impact and you take no damage and if you distort the stinger you will do a lot of damage you can killer bee JC blitz too with his shield up and not take damage as long as you guard Rg is your friend

Last edited:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
You can stinger blitz without taking damage sam all you gotta do is royalguard on impact and you take no damage and if you distort the stinger you will do a lot of damage you can killer bee JC blitz too with his shield up and not take damage as long as you guard Rg is your friend

Blitz is painful to fight as dante with someone who doesnt royal guard :( for example i have been using pandora's omen technique where you open the breif case but i take risk(hell and hell was the worst) of taking a hit while im waiting for his to close it. i have used pandora's gattling gun to do some damage and then wait untill he disapears and reappears to open pandora. but even then he jumps around alot so DRT is hard..i need a way or move to stun blitz long enough for me to get a good clear DRT..and even then i have issues with that because he goes red right away after that..can you DRT him while hes turning red and still kill him without taking damage? i need a better way to fight blitz as dante without royal guard and jc? ill post this as a thread if i need to

Oh, I know there are some really amazing timing related techniques with royal guard to do it.
I wasn't actually referring to it for that reason, it was just a good example for where a modified attack property for a similar move like gunstinger would make it more useful and interesting in a free flow combat system like DMC. I mean its okay to have some similar moves with different animations, but identical attack properties and identical animations only with a shotgun in his hand instead of rebellion is kinda pushing it.
At least with Nero, its not so bad to be stylish against blitz, but yeah you really need to master royal guard or use pandora's briefcase AOE attack for Dante.

Last edited:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Oh, I know there are some really amazing timing related techniques with royal guard to do it.
I wasn't actually referring to how their isn't any way, it was just a good example for where a modified attack property for a similar move like gunstinger would make it more useful and interesting. I'm talking about the actual moves should really be different in how they impact the enemy in a free flow combat system, gun stinger and regular stinger are exactly the same move with different animations, a little similarity is expected and okay, but identical attack properties with a shotgun in his hand instead of rebellion is kinda pushing it.

At least with Nero, its not so bad to be stylish against blitz, but yeah you really need to master royal guard or use pandora's briefcase AOE attack for Dante.

But even pandoras opening attack only drops the sheild the ting to do next would be DRT but i cant seem to land it right cuz the bastard wont stay still lol i need something to stun him first and even then i need to know if i can DRT while hes going red?

lol, elf o'shea is your guy there, DMC4 is just hardcore, and while its awesome to beat Blitz with Dante, its a good example of being a little too hardcore. I mean its not hard to imagine if you someone who is really into the game and trying to get better finds it frustrating, how many regular gamers didn't even bother. It's like a crazy fact but I think its like 50-60% or even higher number of players don't even finish the games they buy! And most don't play anything past normal or easy if they do.

Anyway, it does feel like in DMC4 that some enemies were really designed with Nero in mind, and I think blitz is a good example.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
lol, elf o'shea is your guy there, DMC4 is just hardcore, and while its awesome to beat Blitz with Dante, its a good example of being a little too hardcore. I mean its not hard to imagine if you someone who is really into the game and trying to get better finds is frustrated, how many regular gamers didn't even bother. It's like a crazy fact but I think its like 50-60% or even higher number of players don't even finish the games they buy! And most don't play anything past normal or easy if they do. Anyway, it does feel like in DMC4 that some enemies were really designed with Nero in mind, and I think blitz is a good example.

OMG I KNOW RIGHT LOL i find myself thinking that same thing while playing dmc4 that most enemies were designed for nero lol i mean cmon i love dmc4 but royal guard timing takes a lot of practice :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom