• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rank The Various Dantes.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@absolitude
Wow man, your post is so full of WUT? LOL

1st "WUT?":

DMC1 : 1/10, don't like the game, don't like the costume, don't like the personality, and bad voice acting helped

Interesting view I guess. As far as I remember, I've never seen you talk about the first game. I completely disagree aside from the voice acting but just saying, this caught me by surprise.

2nd "WUT?":

DMC2 : 10/10, this is dante

3rd "WUT?":

DmC : 10/10, who's the man? you the man dante, i could see him being DMC2 dante

4th "WUT?":

DmC is belieavble to turn into DMC2 dante

These last three WUT?, I'd love it if you explained them to me. Especially how the hypothetical transition from DmC Dante to DMC2 Dante is believable in any way. Like, the dudes are completely different.

Not bashing your opinion, it's just curiosity, cause your view is so bafflingly different from anything I've seen in this fanbase.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
yours is probably the most interesting list because it goes against everybody elses

@absolitude
Wow man, your post is so full of WUT? LOL

1st "WUT?":

Interesting view I guess. As far as I remember, I've never seen you talk about the first game. I completely disagree aside from the voice acting but just saying, this caught me by surprise.

2nd "WUT?":

3rd "WUT?":

4th "WUT?":

These last three WUT?, I'd love it if you explained them to me. Especially how the hypothetical transition from DmC Dante to DMC2 Dante is believable in any way. Like, the dudes are completely different.

Not bashing your opinion, it's just curiosity, cause your view is so bafflingly different from anything I've seen in this fanbase.

lol, yes, spent enough time here to realise my taste is kind of different.. it's more about my thoughts on cool and visuals i assume, especially the artwork

@Foxtrot94 ,

DMC1 dante, i'm not fond of the gameplay style, the artwork really put me off, guy is posing smiling and sitting with hand leaning to a sword, another artwork he's smiling too, and the smile is really off for me.. and i'm not fond of big collar and that big folds on the sleeves.. and i can't take judge the personality thx to the awful voice acting..

DMC2 dante, as i've stated many times, everytime dante is mentioned, this guy is what comes to mind, physically in the artwork, this character is what i think as cool..

DMC3 dante, would've been the ten if 4 and DmC hasn't showed up.. i could relate his personality since he is young, and i could relate his character development.. game wise, kinda hard for me to tell which one is the best, 3 or DmC..

DMC4 dante, big collar again, with sorta thick orange textured leather, chaps and all.. guy is to happy and theatrical for my taste sort of clowny and out of place in the game's setting compared to other characters, how dante act made other character normal.. luckily there's agnus to equal him.. funny thing is i find agnus more interesting

oh and biting roses? seriously?

DmC dante, well some of the artwork is really cool by my standard, ofc i don't like his smile and grin too, it's obnoxious.. but i love the design, the rebellion and the type of voice.. just visually that's how i would create a character

in relation to DMC2 dante, well some shots and artworks reminds me of him,

latest

Devil-May-Cry-Reboot.jpg

latest

dmc___dante_render_by_nardii-d65rib1.png

DanteDevilMayCry2.png

R7W7V.png

plus from the ending of DmC --ditch that ass spanking, i would think dante will be more gloom, and in a sequel a bigger fight and intrigue would probably happen with his blood brother, may make him even more gloom, hence would resembles DMC2 dante in the artwork..

so basically and mostly i rank based on visuals, can't help it i like drawing, and i like gloom stuffs..

hey ya guys, sorry if you don't like DmC dante and there's helluva pic of him here, blame it on foxtrot yes? yes? :D

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Oh, what, you don't like it when Dante's "thrusting with great force"?

Seriously, though, what even WAS that??? DMC4 was and always will be my favorite game in the series, but even I, with all of my balled-up fanboy bias, could possibly ignore that weapons-grade rotting can of cringe.

DmC dante, well some of the artwork is really cool by my standard, ofc i don't like his smile and grin too, it's obnoxious.. but i love the design, the rebellion and the type of voice.. just visually that's how i would create a character

in relation to DMC2 dante, well some shots and artworks reminds me of him,

latest

Devil-May-Cry-Reboot.jpg

latest

dmc___dante_render_by_nardii-d65rib1.png

DanteDevilMayCry2.png

R7W7V.png

plus from the ending of DmC --ditch that ass spanking, i would think dante will be more gloom, and in a sequel a bigger fight and intrigue would probably happen with his blood brother, may make him even more gloom, hence would resembles DMC2 dante in the artwork..

so basically and mostly i rank based on visuals, can't help it i like drawing, and i like gloom stuffs..

hey ya guys, sorry if you don't like DmC dante and there's helluva pic of him here, blame it on foxtrot yes? yes? :D
It's absolutely bewildering how much sense this actually makes, and even more mind-boggling that someone who has indulged in the reboot as much as I have has never spotted this or even remotely seen how the two compare.

Well-spotted. I can actually see this happening.

absolitude

I said it before and I'll say it again, this is a terrible idea. Pizza is hot and greasy so it wouldn't only burn it'd also leave pimples.

pimples in the dick???

Tbh I once thought DMC2 Dante was cooler than DMC4 Dante:cool::blush:

Just thought DMC4 was trying to hard, DMC2 was more effortless

my ideal DMC will be DMC2 kind of dante; cinematic, story and epicness of 3; gameplay and visuals like 4 --ofc it would be alot more improved; and the mixed atmosphere of 3 and 1.. these was something i expected for 4

Oh, what, you don't like it when Dante's "thrusting with great force"?

Seriously, though, what even WAS that??? DMC4 was and always will be my favorite game in the series, but even I, with all of my balled-up fanboy bias, could possibly ignore that weapons-grade rotting can of cringe.

It's absolutely bewildering how much sense this actually makes, and even more mind-boggling that someone who has indulged in the reboot as much as I have has never spotted this or even remotely seen how the two compare.

Well-spotted. I can actually see this happening.

you don't know how happy i am that someone else could see this.. and since both are infamous in their own way, capcom could've make a twist and make DMC2 actually a continuity of DmC --okay, that went too far

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
DMC 1 - 9/10. Voice crack aside, this Dante was the most natural Dante of the original trilogy. He used a moderate amount of witticism while his reactions towards certain events really made you feel the stakes. It's exactly why I'd like to see this game get re-made from scratch and get gifted with a better actor (Reuben, definitely) .

DMC 2 - 2/10. I can't stand the fact how stereotypically anime-ish this Dante acts like. It's like if someone gave a manga artist a brooding picture of Dante and told him to make up for a personality based on that. Of course, the game also had many flaws, but I guess it's safe to say that they failed to capitalize on the success of their first one.

DMC 3 - 7/10. Let me make myself clear; I like DMC 3 and if I am ever asked which DMC is the best, 3 would probably be my answer. However, I really find Dante annoying on this one. The people at Capcom couldn't (and still can't) find a balance between two extremes. They either had to make him a joke machine, or a brooding loner. Only reason he gets a '7' is because of some redeeming moment later on, especially during his interactions with Vergil.

DMC 4 - 5/10. His outfit was **** and all the character development he was supposed to have gotten from DMC 3 to DMC 1 suddenly disappeared. It was so shocking that people were actually making up theories to excuse his behavior.

DmC - 8/10. Think DmC Dante as a more foul mouthed DMC 3 Dante but with more apparent character development. Ninja Theory did something right - the game's story structure was at times poorly constructed, but Dante's moral U turn was far more cohesive than in DMC 3 or any other DMC. Even at his darkest moments, the game made it clear that if you play it more, you're gonna see young, foolish Dante mature if even for a little bit.

Viper

Premium
Rose in the mouth is usually a symbol of passion and flamboyant personality, though according to this person it is not connected to tango, as many believe, it is actually a Hollywood invention.
Considering Lucifer's attacks have names derived from sexual terms, and there is flamenco playing when Dante acquires and uses it while yelling out sexual innuendos, I'd say the rose is just the right addition.

absolitude

Rose in the mouth is usually a symbol of passion and flamboyant personality, though according to this person it is not connected to tango, as many believe, it is actually a Hollywood invention.
Considering Lucifer's attacks have names derived from sexual terms, and there is flamenco playing when Dante acquires and uses it while yelling out sexual innuendos, I'd say the rose is just the right addition.

yeah i get what they're trying to picture in sense of flamboyanism, especially with the latin music and hand clapping.. but i find it disturbing, like it's a package with the lucifer weapon he acquired, it reminds me of the masked tuxedo from sailormoon.. --what? what? i was a kid nerd backthen i watched everything cartoony on tv..

and they could've made something rather fitting for the act considering the name lucifer, maybe a darker sexual something..

Viper

Premium
yeah i get what they're trying to picture in sense of flamboyanism, especially with the latin music and hand clapping.. but i find it disturbing, like it's a package with the lucifer weapon he acquired, it reminds me of the masked tuxedo from sailormoon.. --what? what? i was a kid nerd backthen i watched everything cartoony on tv..

and they could've made something rather fitting for the act considering the name lucifer, maybe a darker sexual something..
How darker would you want it?
They kinda went with sexual theme that everyone is comfortable with. Going deeper would mean diving into fetishism and some of it might make people run away or ruin Dante's image forever.

Reactions: Gel

Goldsickle

"Okay, first you gotta do some Bondage. It will be more effective if you start with Pin-Ups first. Hit the target with a rose to lift them up during an Ecstasy. You may wanna Climax when you're being pushed to a corner."

"What are you guys doing...?"

"Uh... playing some Devil May Cry 4..."

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
"Okay, first you gotta do some Bondage. It will be more effective if you start with Pin-Ups first. Hit the target with a rose to lift them up during an Ecstasy. You may wanna Climax when you're being pushed to a corner."

An advantage of not being English and having parents who don't understand it is that such misunderstandings don't happen.

absolitude

How darker would you want it?
They kinda went with sexual theme that everyone is comfortable with. Going deeper would mean diving into fetishism and some of it might make people run away or ruin Dante's image forever.

so dark that you can't see anything.. but yeah~ can't think of anything for that, what i have in mind is someting like one of final fantasy xii summon and lords of shadow summon, but then again it's the creature not the act.. still i don't think it would make people run away, and DMC4 dante has ruined dante's image for me honestly..

okay you're right, that don't sound good, probably should lock the door and lower the volume when playing..

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
My dude, where do you think I've been this whole time?
Wait....You, TOO?
giphy.gif
Well, that IS surprising. But not entirely disappointing. I guess my time on Devil's Lair, and, well, frankly
EVERYWHERE on the internet has conditioned me to expect endless fellating of DMC3 Dante. People LOVE that version for some reason, and I'm still completely oblivious as to why. He isn't half as interesting, well-portrayed, or likable as his past or later incarnations...he literally comes off as that unfunny college douche who's appointed himself as the class clown, without EVER saying anything amusing...which I wouldn't mind, if the game itself didn't literally have him in Deadpool mode even when the plot is supposed to be taking itself seriously.

He doesn't even shut up during combat. Between constant "BLAST-OFF" and "HUAGH" every forty seconds, just equip Cerberus and regale in insufferable Batman & Robin-tier quips like "Chew on THIS--It's KEEEWL!"

DMC3 Dante is the WORST thing to happen to this franchise. Thank God the character improved marginally. Not completely, and certainly never to the standards of the first game or its novel...but marginally.

Top Bottom