• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Raiden vs Nero

Viper

Premium
I'm curious of something...

If Raiden and Nero got into a fight, who would win?

Raiden has Ripper mode and everything you see him use and do in MGR. Nero has his Red Queen, Blue Rose, devil bringer... to make things interesting, let's imagine two situations - in one Nero doesn't have Yamato, in other he has.

Before you ask about Nero's motivation, Raiden has Kyrie abducted cause... uh.... she is suspected of working for World Marshall.

Bonus round, how would fight between Mistral and Lucia go?

Dante and Vergil would just mop the floor with everyone, so no point asking.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Gonna have to go with Raiden for both situations. For me, he just out preforms Nero in practically every area.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think lucia might win against mistral becsuse lucia has some ice powers (right?) So she would be able to freeze mistral like Raiden did at the end of the sequence.

Nero has supernatural strength and endurance so its a more even fight.

Viper

Premium
I think lucia might win against mistral becsuse lucia has some ice powers (right?) So she would be able to freeze mistral like Raiden did at the end of the sequence.

Nero has supernatural strength and endurance so its a more even fight.
Yes, Frost Heart is part of Lucia's amulet, makes her attacks the freezing type.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Knowing the kind of ridiculous, plot-defying sh!t the characters in Metal Gear Solid can do on a regular basis, I doubt Nero stands a chance. Solid Snake backflipped off a missile, for Christ's sake...I don't even want to know what kind of anime nonsense Raiden can pull out of that wavy bishonen comb-over of his.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Im sure Nero could beat Raiden if given the chance, but it would be pretty unlikely. Being only quarter demon he lacks the survivability that Dante has. Although supernatural abilities like DT explosion and summon swords that Raiden wouldn't see coming could maybe give him an edge, I think Nero lacks the experience to go up against him for now. Also one thing i've always wondered. Is Neros phantom solid? Like can it act as a shield for him?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
In terms of raw power Nero has the advantage. In terms of combat expierence/tactics Raiden has the advantage guven his career is longer and the type of missions he had before and after he came a cyborg.

So it could be anyone's match.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Knowing the kind of ridiculous, plot-defying sh!t the characters in Metal Gear Solid can do on a regular basis, I doubt Nero stands a chance. Solid Snake backflipped off a missile, for Christ's sake...I don't even want to know what kind of anime nonsense Raiden can pull out of that wavy bishonen comb-over of his.

Well, goin' off of Revengeance, Raiden already did something similar in the opening mission. He skipped off several rockets, and also threw a Metal Gear Ray. Oh yeah, and in MGS4 he stopped that giant ship...

These discussions are always funny considering the amount of ludonarrative dissonance going on, especially in these games :p

Viper

Premium
More like CYBORG NINJA!!!

But seriously, Raiden already had some impressive feats in 4 but they took it to a whole 'nother level in MGR for better or worse.
One of his first enemies is a Metal Gear, and like with all games difficulty just goes up after that, the guy had to be whole new level of impressive or later on he would sink like a rock.
More impressive was actually Sam, who was just a human in an exoskeleton. Even for his one cyborg arm it was said that it was slightly slower in response than his original one.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
One of his first enemies is a Metal Gear, and like with all games difficulty just goes up after that, the guy had to be whole new level of impressive or later on he would sink like a rock.
More impressive was actually Sam, who was just a human in an exoskeleton. Even for his one cyborg arm it was said that it was slightly slower in response than his original one.
I'm curious as to your opinion on the matter as to who would win, Raiden or Nero?

Viper

Premium
I'm curious as to your opinion on the matter as to who would win, Raiden or Nero?
I've been thinking about this and having trouble coming up with an answer. Raiden has experience and cyborg body, but Nero has demon powers and his devil bringer, which can act as a damn sturdy shield as long as he is fast enough. Nero is relatively slow (I say relatively, because we saw him catch up to Dante after just kicking him, which is damn fast), but can heal his body on its own, Raiden is fast, but needs that nano-repair paste to fix damage, something which he can't get from Nero as he is not a cyborg.
In sword skills and abilities, Nero has exceed for more damage, but Raiden's HF blade vibrates to make molecules separate, meaning his slashes would have been something Red Queen can't compete with.
The only way I could see Nero wining is if he plays dirty and mixes his sword attacks with Blue Rose in a way that Raiden can't dodge those bullets. And if he gets enough grabs with the devil bringer.
Otherwise, Raiden wins.

Of course, with Yamato, the story would more likely go different, that thing might just actually be able to do the same damage or even more than HF blade.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Dunno a whole lot about Raiden, everything I know comes from MGR, from which I gather his sheer physical properties are comparable enough to Nero's. Except, Raiden seems to have received actual combat training and is more experienced. So I'll have to say that I think he would take it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think Raiden could probably block a shot from Nero's Blue Rose but a charge shot might stun or stagger him even if he does block it, allowing nero to get a few blows in.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Indeed.

People really should let the whole "nanomachines" meme go. It was funny at first, but it's practically the first thing people bring up whenever MGS enters a discussion.

Well, make no mistake, the meme is funny. "Nanomachines son!" is sadly the culmination of all the disappointment felt by MGS4, because nearly all the interesting, surreal stuff in the series was answered with them, like Vamp's immortality. It's just...sad, and ruined a bit of the charm the franchise had :c But hey, at least we can laugh about it ;p

Top Bottom