• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OMFG they butchered DBZ!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
That "thing" is more like a fusion between lord of the rings (searching for 7 balls, while on LOTR they searched for the ring), any movie with Chinese/Japanese street fighting (even Bulma had a gun a kick moves in the trailer 0_o) and I don't know what else:p

Although I may end up watching it just for fun, I don't think I'll ever see it as a Dragonball movie.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
I haven't seen you in awhile Tony!

Anyway as I said before, you don't see this kind of thing happening to Evangelion!:lol:

Devil Hunter 95

Supreme Trickster
i would love to see a Hellsing movie but i dont think they would do that.... but still if it turns out ok i might see Dragon Ball.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
i really wana see that now, but i know that its not going to be anything like the anime(not watched)

Sparda™

^ Seen the trailer and I must say I'm impressed...for being an action movie and have nothing at all in relation with DB.:lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Seems they just stole the names of the characters, the Dragon Balls and some moves and slapped the Dragon Ball name on it and thats it. Hardly anything else ive seen in the movie has anything to do with the actual anime at all... this movies going to be terrible... a real train wreck...

Sparda™

^ That depends, in fact.

The movie critics aren't DBZ fans and despite not having any relation to the anime, people are still gonna watch It.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Sparda™;148577 said:
^ That depends, in fact.

The movie critics aren't DBZ fans and despite not having any relation to the anime, people are still gonna watch It.

Maybe they arent but there will be more fans of the series that will become critical of this movie. The fans are the people that 'apparently' the directors were meant to be pleasing with this movie. As far as ive seen so far most the Dragon Ball fans do not want this movie to be released. People who watch this movie as just another martial arts action movie might enjoy it somewhat but it kind of defeats its original purpose if you have to watch it with that in mind. If they are meant to be pleasing Dragon Ball fans then surely they should try and stick loyal to the Anime and not totally urinate over the idea with their stupid hollywood styled ideas. Using half an idea crossed with another half idea in this case will not work. Seems they have taken some ideas from Dragon Ball and used them, but then discarded everything else in place of some hollywood action movie. You either have one or the other when its based around an existing product, you cant mix and match ideas at will as it just doesnt work.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Oh noes!!! DX
And Picollo isn't green, either >>;;;; Well, that's another downfall. Personally, it looks like a bad idea for the entire DBZ series. Besides, Goku's supposed to be a kid... And master-roschi (sp?) doesn't have those wierd sunglasses and facial hair... -3-'

Other than all those things they've got totally wrong, it just doesn't seem right at all... I'm not going to watch it; I don't want to be disappointed and put off DBZ at all! >w<

Top Bottom