• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New teaser for DMC4 Special Edition

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I didn't care for the design of Dante, not only because of his outfit, but because he's so ridiculously bulky. He's like a gorilla.
As someone who's almost lost eye-sight from staring at DMC4 for long periods of time, and unintentionally studying every in-game character model, I think that DMC4 Dante is indeed bulky...but not gorilla bulky. More like "bear" bulky. If his shoulder width and arm size are any indication, it's clear that he's gained some muscle since DMC1, which I find weird considering how lean he was in that game (yet another thing to add to DMC's ever-growing list of inconsistencies).

What's even more puzzling is how his facial hair and eyebrows are dark, when his hair is clearly white. I understand that the moment I start questioning hair color is when I fall in rank with the circa-2010 DmC haters...but I could never help but wonder.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
As someone who's almost lost eye-sight from staring at DMC4 for long periods of time, and unintentionally studying every in-game character model, I think that DMC4 Dante is indeed bulky...but not gorilla bulky. More like "bear" bulky. If his shoulder width and arm size are any indication, it's clear that he's gained some muscle since DMC1, which I find weird considering how lean he was in that game (yet another thing to add to DMC's ever-growing list of inconsistencies).

What's even more puzzling is how his facial hair and eyebrows are dark, when his hair is clearly white. I understand that the moment I start questioning hair color is when I fall in rank with the circa-2010 DmC haters...but I could never help but wonder.
He must dye his hair.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Dante is in his late twenties in DMC1, and in his early thirties in DMC4. That's enough time to build some muscles, especially if you spend your life handling swords. Heck, even a single year is enough. Especially for a half demon I guess.

No inconsistency about that.

Viper

Premium

Facial hair and eyebrows do tend to be darker than hair, I have dark brown hair, but my eyebrows (and... other facial hair *cough*) are black. Also, if they have made his stubble white, it wouldn't be visible, thus not giving the desired effect.

With Dante they most probably wanted that bara effect from anime, especially since he hangs around a youngster, however it is still lesser pronounced and I'd sooner describe him as properly developed adult swordsman than bulky (which indicates too much mass).

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
Is Vergil holding on to his robes , or is he holding a baby ? ( Baby Nero ) ..........? ? ? ? ?

What ever is going on , i am Motivated .

Last edited:

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Something i noticed is that it looks like he could be wearing something like a scarf. At first i just though the inside of the cloak was white until there was another glimpse of it when his cloak thrown up into the air from the wind. It could just be a piece of fabric from the cloak but i thought it may be worth mentioning. Maybe idea came from Nero's concept art considering nearly all of his art he wore a white scarf. Or maybe i just wantwant to see Vergil in a scarf...
10_1.png
11.png
12.png

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
DmC DE was the first one to be released. Obvious that they showed its gameplay right away.

DMC4 is out in summer, and DmC DE has just released. Probably they didn't want to outshadow the DE launch (which they ended up doing anyway... sigh, Capcom) too much.

I would expect some more substantial stuff in the near future.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Something i noticed is that it looks like he could be wearing something like a scarf. At first i just though the inside of the cloak was white until there was another glimpse of it when his cloak thrown up into the air from the wind. It could just be a piece of fabric from the cloak but i thought it may be worth mentioning. Maybe idea came from Nero's concept art considering nearly all of his art he wore a white scarf. Or maybe i just wantwant to see Vergil in a scarf...
10_1.png
11.png
12.png
Is it me or his clothes are really close to Vergil's DmC counterpart

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I am surprised nobody came up with the theory that as yamato is linked with vergils soul maybe it broke when his soul was corrupted and broken by mundus?
I don't think Yamato is that weak. If Vergil is a one arrogant iron-willed bastard, so is Yamato.
It's still a viable theory. Thanks for that, geoff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So to recap:

Vergil either has only one arm, or is hiding the Yamato, or is holding an infant Nero. Also, he may or may not have only one eye because of Dante's Alastor's finishing blow.

He feels shame and/or remorse, which would explain the grey-ish cloak that almost looks black in the shadows...

It's either in the future, and he was escaping the battle from Mitis Forest (that he may have started), or it's right after DMC1 (when he was defeated by Dante's Alastor sword.

He's weak because when the Nero Angelo armor that exploded off him stopped giving him "life-support," he became Weak Vergil again because the Rebellion almost cut him in half in DMC3 and he never fully "recovered" because of that.

The Rebellion, plus the added might of Mundus' dominion and a coup de grace from Alastor would definitely have been enough to break him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If Mundus was a demon king, he definitely would've also been able to break a recently-defeated Soul of Vergil (who was, again, just struck down by Rebellion). It's possible.

Last edited:

nephlim god

It's still a viable theory. Thanks for that, geoff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So to recap:

Vergil either has only one arm, or is hiding the Yamato, or is holding an infant Nero. Also, he may or may not have only one eye because of Dante's Alastor's finishing blow.

He feels shame and/or remorse, which would explain the grey-ish cloak that almost looks black in the shadows...

It's either in the future, and he was escaping the battle from Mitis Forest (that he may have started), or it's right after DMC1 (when he was defeated by Dante's Alastor sword.

He's weak because when the Nero Angelo armor that exploded off him stopped giving him "life-support," he became Weak Vergil again because the Rebellion almost cut him in half in DMC3 and he never fully "recovered" because of that.

The Rebellion, plus the added might of Mundus' dominion and a coup de grace from Alastor would definitely have been enough to break him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If Mundus was a demon king, he definitely would've also been able to break a recently-defeated Soul of Vergil (who was, again, just struck down by Rebellion). It's possible.

Really cool. Although i dont think hed only have one arm because that would suck. Also i think his demon healing ability would heal a wound to they eye or anywhere else for that matter

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Also i think his demon healing ability would heal a wound to they eye or anywhere else for that matter
Not if he was struck by Alastor in a weakened position.

Besides, if that's the case, why is he covering his eye in this image?

Also as you can see, Dante doesn't have either one of his eyes covered.

LightFromTheDemonBlade.jpg

I think even demons need both eyes in order to properly cross blades.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Someone did it at Gaf:
NuF9MWg.jpg

W662NnA.jpg

I think it's the same environment at different times.

Could be. Though there are a lot of differences between the two pictures. And I know people are saying that it looks like the same street Nero ran down at the beginning of 4. But what would that have to do with anything?

Top Bottom