• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New teaser for DMC4 Special Edition

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Yes but losing the link to vergil may cause it to break itself , or maybe he willed it to break so it couldn't be used by another master and nero reawakend it due to his connection

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Yes but losing the link to vergil may cause it to break itself , or maybe he willed it to break so it couldn't be used by another master and nero reawakend it due to his connection
That would imply Force Edge should've been broken too since it lost Sparda or Dante or Trish or Arkham or Sanctus. And I've never seen something like that. I'd be very skeptical if that's what happened to Yamato.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I don't think this will take place during or shortly towards the end of the final DMC4 battle because Vergil is just walking by in a clean street, I mean a massive statue and swarm of demons ripped the city to pieces during the final battle and Vergil just happens to be walking by a street that was untouched?

I think this might be sometime towards the beginning or knowing Capcom it could be another bait and switch cutscene like DMC3 SE where he gets his own opening and then just goes through the DMC4 campaign as Vergil.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So, I'm not gonna go back through eight pages when what I've come across most recently is...weapon speculation...? But we've seen that Vergil seems to be holding something under his cloak, proooobably gots himself a babby Nero. Another thing to remember, is how Nero got his name - he was found as a baby wrapped up in a black cloth, black like...oh I dunno...the one Vergil is wearing in that li'l teaser there.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
2m4c8s7.png

Seems rather black to me when the light isn't hitting it and making it gray :x

Also goddamn Vergil's got him some fat legs O__o

Dominus

The baby theory seems to make sense, but if that were the case it could also just be a cutscene to tie Nero and Vergil together (as a flashback). So that Vergil's campaign is still set during DMC4 or after (or before?).

I just don't see Vergil's campaign being set before DMC3 because nothing interesting is happening. Obviously the Order can't take Yamato yet because DMC3 hasn't happened, and what would it be then just the adventures of Vergil pre-DMC3? I could see it being pre-DMC4 where they fight Vergil and defeat him (and take Yamato), but if Dante can walk over them that'd be pretty pathetic for Vergil to fall that easily.

In all honesty I'd prefer to see a battle hardened Vergil ready to knock Dante off his cocky throne (so a campaign after DMC4, but with flashbacks explaining Daddy vergil), then another prequel.

Seems rather black to me when the light isn't hitting it and making it gray :x

Also goddamn Vergil's got him some fat legs O__o
Did you see his arms too? Vergil's been hitting the weights.

scionicspectre

People will say whatever they like to make the Vergil parentage theory sound more substantial to themselves, but I don't think they're convincing anyone who doesn't already believe it. I'd like to see a more robust theory than 'it must be true' and then simply filling in the blanks with minor details seen as clues.

But yeah, it's fun to speculate, and we might as well keep the myth alive before summer comes and it's ultimately crushed. Honestly, I don't discount the possibility, but I do doubt that it would be revealed to have much to do with the many theories people have come up with.

On a different note, Dante looks a little beefed up compared to DMC 3, so maybe Vergil's had a similar makeover? ;) It could of course simply be a more realistic thickness to his leather boots than we had on the PS2.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm ok with him being a bit bulkier than he was in DMC3, it'd make sense. People usually get more robust as they grow up.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I also see Vergil a bit taller than Dante... hard to say without a comparison tho. Am I the only one?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Nah there about the same , according to the geight chart for 4 dante is 6 foot 7 , vergil looks that too with nero being a little smallee maybe 6 foot 5

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I didn't care for the design of Dante, not only because of his outfit, but because he's so ridiculously bulky. He's like a gorilla.

Kinda like how Chris Redfield from RE 5 looked bad. With forearms the size of his freaking head. Vergil got fat legs lol.

I really hope Vergil isn't Nero's dad because it just doesn't make sense to me. I do think he's carrying a baby Nero though. However, what if he just like kidnapped a random kid wanting to somehow place a remnant of himself inside the baby like magic for a chance as resurrection because he was dying.

He turns Nero in to a horcrux :p

In all seriousness though, something like that because I'm thinking of how Mundus was able to create Trish and Nelo Angelo. Something along those lines.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I really hope Vergil isn't Nero's dad because it just doesn't make sense to me. I do think he's carrying a baby Nero though. However, what if he just like kidnapped a random kid wanting to somehow place a remnant of himself inside the baby like magic for a chance as resurrection because he was dying.

He turns Nero in to a horcrux :p

In all seriousness though, something like that because I'm thinking of how Mundus was able to create Trish and Nelo Angelo. Something along those lines.

Y'know this...actually has a lot of merit to it. Perhaps in a pre-DMC3 time, Vergil found himself an orphan and supplanted a bit of his soul into him. It would make sense as to why Nero's DT isn't so much a transformation of his own body, but releasing a spirit that's part of him (or at least part of the Yamato), and the Devil Bringer is an infestation of a corrupted soul...or...something.

Viper

Premium
Whoa, deja vu!

I don't know what kind of twiggy men you've been hanging around, people, but when I look at DMC4 Dante nothing about him says bulky (and certainly not fat, for which I saw girls tend to mock him).

His in-game look might be a bit misleading since it seems his hips appear a bit wider, at least compared to Nero and his more teenage-like body, and also his coat has shoulder part designed to make shoulders look wider as well, but he has no obvious fat and his muscles are in normal zone.
Even if he was a little larger in muscles, the man swings swords around for a living, ain't gonna stay a twig with that kind of exercise.
Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime must have been really frightening for you.

Poor Vergie, now he is a baby snatcher, too. *pats him on the back*

(Apologies for any hurt feelings, I just finished paying bills and they left a bad aftertaste.)

Top Bottom