• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New teaser for DMC4 Special Edition

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
yep, definitely a baby, he's holding him close to the chest, we are either gonna have a pre-broken yamato content on vergil or it's just the introduction/flashbacks scene to vergil.. and the setting looked somewhat DMC3-ish

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
You guys do realise that if this is a prequel, he won't have Yamato? Can we all live with that?...

I could. I think it would really make him edgier.

I could live with him not having it so long as he gets some other cool devil arm sword to use.

A Katana one would be preferable, but Vergil has been shown to be just as good with long swords as well such as Force Edge and what he used as Nelo Angelo.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Maybe this is happening right after DMC4's ending, only moments after Nero's victory over Sanctus.

Perhaps Vergil feels Yamato's presence in the hands of someone else...and is here to reclaim it. I hope that means we get to see Nero and Vergil meet...I've already seen Dante and Nero interact and butt hands, but I'm extremely curious to see how these two meet.

Outside of that, I can't be all that excited for this teaser, as...just like the first one...there's no gameplay. For all I know, this could just be another one of DMC4's meaningless cameos, à la Lady and Trish.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
That the huge Zweihander sword was the Yamato. It could've been some random sword that Mundus forged for him.

I don't know if I am just imagining it but I'm sure that a long time ago people were saying it was Yamato transformed by the dark power of Mundus.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
@ToCool74: But Vergil was using Yamato as Nelo Angelo in DMC 1. That's how it broke.

What he was?

Looked way to big to be Yamato but it is possible, maybe his corruption at the hands of Mundus that changed his appearance also changed Yamato?

Or it could have just been a new Devil Arm made specifically for Vergil, but then that would raise the question of just what happened to Yamato in the first place after the events of DMC3.

Perhaps this game will shed more light on these things, I always thought it was a possibility it could be a deformed Yamato but never was to sure on the issue.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@ToCool74: True. It could be a different sword he uses in DMC 1. However, it would be more plausible that it was Yamato. Because remember that The Order recovered pieces of Vergil's armour (Nelo Angelo fragments) and Yamato, which was broken.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
They'd probably fight on first sight.
If they did, then it would really compromise Vergil as a calm and controlled character. Nero maybe brash and aggressive, but Vergil only acts like that around Dante (which is understandable, considering how much of an insufferable ass-clown Dante is).

Of course, my hope that this is an extended ending to DMC4 is probably a fruitless one. It'll probably be a bonus chapter, or something...not something worked into the main story. That'd be too much work on Capcom's part.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
@ToCool74: True. It could be a different sword he uses in DMC 1. However, it would be more plausible that it was Yamato. Because remember that The Order recovered pieces of Vergil's armour (Nelo Angelo fragments) and Yamato, which was broken.

Yea it would make since that it was Yamato, otherwise who else could deliver such a blow to break Yamato other than Dante in DMC1?

It would be easier to explain it that way since the list of other ways such a weapon could have broken is slim.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
What if that is not actually Vergil but Jake from Resident evil 6?
I mean he was running around in clothing like that at the end of that game....

Bad jokes aside, if this is not a prequel (I'm not even convinced that we get an actual campaign yet), I wonder if they modify some cutscenes to have Vergil in this hooded outfit watching over Dante and Nero, like Dante did in the intro of DMC 4.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@ToCool74: Agreed. Though I always viewed it as Dante delivering a powerful enough blow to break Mundus' control over Vergil, but it being all of that powerful evil corruption put upon Vergil by Mundus that split Yamato.

Top Bottom