• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

(New Pachinko) Devil May Cry X Last Judgement

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Ah, the cherry on top of a sh***y week. :meh:
Okay, they need to earn money on regular basis, I just hope it is directed towards DMC5.
Last time, when they used DMC4SE's money for SF V, so I don't trust them anymore.
And I didn't get my DMC: devil may dance :troll:

Just side note:
Is it just me or DMC4 has its story changed a third time?!

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Geez really sweet, slot machine themed on DMC what we ENG people not see even since they mostly are Japan exclusives as i never seen ones like those beside people who imported those,

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Even though this isn't the ideal product we desired. The fact that Capcom put some money into this gives me hope that they still see it as a viable product and might make games for it one day.

As a wise man once said: "Bide your time and hold out hope."

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
This is pretty crappy news, granted.

But, interest is still interest. Let's hope it escalates from this point on, and we actually see something bigger happen.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
What? A Japanese company...using IP assets to...m-make a PACHINKO MACHINE???

Seriously, why is anyone surprised? Taking existing franchises and recognizable brands and making slot machines around them is practically an unofficial contact sport over in Japan. They're insanely-popular over there...even overwhelmingly-niche things like Berserk get Pachinko games.

The only company that was notorious for ONLY doing Pachinko for literal years was SNK, who got recently bought out by some Chinese investor on the grounds that they were losing money by ONLY making Pachinko machines instead of actual games.

Companies like Capcom are in a far more favorable position to make both games, as well as other media properties like those CG and Live-action Resident Evil Movies, Capcom-themed arcades and cafe's, and yes, Pachinko machines. As long as they're not ONLY making them (like SNK used to), I personally don't see the need to overreact whenever a company does this.

All it does is make us gamers in the West look painfully misinformed and melodramatic.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think the point was that the mo-cap got everyone excited and expecting to see DMC 5. I don't think it is that people are acting surprised, just that an insurmountable amount of hype had been built up with the hopes that it was 5, from the mo-cap pics to financial reports, and instead all it ends up being is for a Pachinko machine.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Generating hype from no definitive proof is really one's own fault.

?

Again, I'm pretty sure that the hype was generated from DMC 4: SE, the mo-cap pics, and financial reports.

Not 'definitive' exactly, but enough to perk someone's interest and get their hopes up.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
?

Again, I'm pretty sure that the hype was generated from DMC 4: SE, the mo-cap pics, and financial reports.

Not 'definitive' exactly, but enough to perk someone's interest and get their hopes up.

To perk someone's interest? Some actors doing mo-cap work when it's their job means nothing other than they are doing a job, possibly for anyone, not specifically for Capcom. Financial reports to give anyone an idea of what decisions Capcom is going to make regarding a franchise. DMC4:se was a nice update to a classic game on a better system, but has no implications on the future of the franchise, just that they decided to put in the effort to make an existing game better for some profit. Someone's interest being piqued isn't bad, but that's the thing, this wasn't interest being piqued. "Getting their hopes up" is exactly what happened, with nothing definitive (like I said) to let us know there was anything meaningful happening. People got hyped up over nothing. Hype should be reserved for when you know a product is actually coming, like how people got hyped for DMC4:se, because we were explicitly told it was happening.

Are people so starved for some stylish action that they'd forego logic entirely...? Believing a rumor with no solid evidence behind is their own fault :/

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Remember when Konami started to make Pachinko games and its apologists said "but its common practice in Japan, it doesnt mean those IPs discontinue or something?". Remember how Konami discontinued each and every IP after it, including Castlevania, Silent Hill and most likely MGS? Good times.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
To be fair, a lot of game companies have pachinko games as another source of income that no one ever thinks about - Sega makes a lot of money off that stuff. Konami was a terribly unfortunate outlier, but hopefully Capcom doesn't follow suit.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
to be fair capcom already said they moving away from AAA and packaged games, so apparently Capcom going right after konami.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
so we all now can give up hope on DMC 5 since i see Capcom does crap route in abandoning console game dev, im hoping that this not end biting them back and hurting mostly in end.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Remember how Konami discontinued each and every IP after it, including Castlevania, Silent Hill and most likely MGS? Good times.
Have they really? Discontinuing means never milking an intellectual property again for ANYTHING---Pachinko, Mobile, video game, whatever. And I'm pretty sure a Konami representative literally said: "We’re still definitely working on console games and franchises such as Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Castlevania, PES and all the rest."

Could've been my imagination, though. At the time of the whole Konami debacle, I really couldn't hear anything over the sound of hordes of angry fanboys wailing in agonized anguish over Kojima getting the boot. These small details tend to get lost in all that.

so we all now can give up hope on DMC 5 since i see Capcom does crap route in abandoning console game dev, im hoping that this not end biting them back and hurting mostly in end.
I know for a fact that Capcom will never abandon console gaming as long as Resident Evil exists as a financial asset for them. That series PRINTS MONEY on consoles, and given that they're remaking RE2, re-releasing RE4-6 for next-gen consoles, releasing Umbrella Corps and have all but announced RE7, I'd say the franchise is still a lucrative means of money for them.

If it makes money, they'll make a game. DMC is still profitable, which is why it'll most definitely get a game. Trust me, if Capcom has no faith in a franchise, they'll outright refuse to sponsor it with ANY kind of promotional project. You don't see a lot of pachinko games or CG spin-off movies for Onimusha or Mega Man, do you?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Seriously, why is anyone surprised?

Surprised? Where? When? People ain't surprised. People are ****ed. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE thought of the possibility of a Pachinko and knew that possibility existed, even if they tried to push it back. So I don't really think people are surprised, just ****ed that that possibility proved to be real. Pretty much what LOD said.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Now, look. I was the first one ready to shut down the rampant optimism some people had in the other thread after the revelation that those mocap pics weren't for DMC5, cause I too thought was unreasonable. Is it people's fault if they thought that was any solid evidence of a new game? Yeah. But why do you feel compelled to laugh your ass off at them? They didn't do anything to you.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
"this video is no longer available due to copyright claim by capcom ltd."
Lol at this!Since people were saying " Capcom, go f yourselves!" they made a copyright claim.

Well since we got a DMC4 , DMC4 refrain, DMC4SE, two DMC4 pachinkos, it's not too far stretched to think we won't have a DMC5 so soon because we will have first a DMC4 Special's SE, DMC4 Very SE, DMC4 Ultimate, DMC4: Disco Musical Challenge,DMC4 (whatever you want to insert here), all with altered/ incompatible versions of the same story. No legit new entry in the next years it seems.

At this point, even if Capcom tell us directly there will be a DMC5, nobody would be willing to believe that.

Top Bottom