• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

(New Pachinko) Devil May Cry X Last Judgement

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Waiting for E3 might help, but if there's no news by then, then it'll only make it worse for those that still hold out any hope for this series.

Well at this point there isn't much hope, that's probably why us fans admittedly 'clutch at straws'. But, I guess you're right, perhaps if nothing is shown at E3 then we should start facing the truth that it's probably not going to happen.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
we should start facing the truth that it's probably not going to happen.
To be honest, I don't like it any more than you do -- I just thought it was hilarious that my prediction of it being a pachinko machine actually came true.

Mo-cap for pachinko? I still can't believe it lol.

-----

So... how about going back to my old thread in the meantime?

http://devilmaycry.org/threads/dmc-clones.20918/

I'm not self-advertising here, I just want people to play DMC-type games and continue to enjoy their action titles -- without having to rely on future DMC installments, that is.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Well at this point there isn't much hope, that's probably why us fans admittedly 'clutch at straws'. But, I guess you're right, perhaps if nothing is shown at E3 then we should start facing the truth that it's probably not going to happen.

11/12 years is too long for a DMC sequel: a game from a genre which is in extinction at this point. A great part of the original fanbase already left and the very few that remain will leave too. Itsuno already said for him it could be too late to do a numbered DMC entry.
Maybe I'm being too much of a drama queen, but I can't avoid to think we were "used" for Capcom's greedy intents: they threw us an" old bone" ( in DMC4SE's form) just to see how could fanbase still be used for their intents and rewarded us with a pachinko machine.At this point I don't know if I still want a DMC5 at all.

Mo-cap for pachinko? I still can't believe it lol.
Neither do I! It is so stupid, so ridiculous that I still can't believe it.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I may have ragged on FF15, but that's probably the only major juggle-physics action title I can think of that can bring back the genre.

All we can do is look for more games like DMC.

In fact, I may have found new one (that's in 2D).

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Wow. And I guess then the entire Japanese gaming industry will focus on nothing but Pachinko and mobile, followed by the end of the world.

Come on, man. Do you actually think that a DMC Pachinko machine, which is old news too, as there were a DMC3 one and another DMC4 one, will decree the death of the franchise? If so, I'm wondering how did we get DMC4 and DmC in the first place, if a Pachinko is all it takes to kill a franchise dead.

This is just yet another wave of negativity coming up within the fanbase following a disappointing news, I've seen too many of them to think it's anything more.
You know what's kinda funny? We wouldn't even be talking about the DMC franchise being dead if Johnny hadn't posted that mocap pic and then getting this news. Now that I think about it, if this pachislot trailer had come out just as it did without us knowing that they'd done mocap for something and assuming that something was DMC5 related, we wouldn't be saying what we're saying. At least I wouldn't, I'd be saying "oh just like RE and MH which are 2 of the most popular series over at Capcom, I guess they consider DMC popular enough to give it a pachislot machine too". No Capcom games have more pachislot machines than RE and MH, are those franchises dead? Are they done making RE and MH games? I think we might be overreacting now that I'm not seeing red anymore. Pretend we didn't have those instagram pics, we would still have Capcom's main pipeline and Itsuno's tweet. I know that isn't going to mean sh*t to a lot of people but maybe we shouldn't give up hope just yet, lets see what Itsuno's project is before we say DMC is over. If it turns out that Itsuno's project is something other than DMC5, then we can truly say it's over for the franchise. Lets wait till E3 and see what Capcom does. Look at the Chairman and CEO's message to shareholders from just this morning. Skim down to Our Future Outlook in section 4, Priority number 1 is what stands out to me. Unless the Chairman and CEO is lying to investors and shareholders it looks like they're planning on "a robust lineup of titles that utilize Capcom's popular IP". And we know now after seeing that DMC pachislo trailer that they consider DMC a popular series because look at point 5. "utilize popular IP in pachislo", clearly they consider DMC a popular IP and they say they want to provide a "robust" lineup of titles that utilize popular IP. Sounds like they want to Make DMC5 to me.

. http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2015/full/explanation_2015_full_04.pdf

Last edited:

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
It's so unfair that Capcom will go so far as to get the english Actors to mocap, and even voice in english for new cutscenes that they wont bother bring overseas. The western side of the DMC fanbase feels really neglected. :'(

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
The good ol days when DMC takes 2 years to come out .
DMC 1 - 2001
DMC 2 - 2003 2 years
DMC3 - 2005 2 years
DMC4 - 2008 3 years
DMC 5 - 8 years still nothing ......................

Sesha

unless they starting to bring more AAA games, I don't think thats the case. At the moment capcom barely even does any effort to bring new games to consoles and even when it does its bare-bones like SFV. Rest are just rerererererereleases over and over and over and over. There just factually isn't anything to prove that capcom wants to continue their AAA business as before.

Except their business reports clearly state that to be the case. Go and check.

While they have de-emphasized console titles previously, back in 2012-14, in favor of mobile. Officially that's no longer the case. Though mobile is still a key area for them, they are more dedicated towards console development than previously. Keep in mind that decisions made at the top take several years before resulting in physical products.

The re-releases is currently a key focus for them. The success of RE HD in particular made them realize that a combination of remastered ports and mainly digital releases is a decent way to make money. But the re-releases are not a replacement for their other areas of business. RE is the perfect example. Although there's been five different RE remasters announced the past two years, they're still working on both spinoffs and mainline titles. Revelations 2 released last year, and Umbrella Corps, Resident Evil 2 Remake and RE7 are all in development.

I suggest reading their business and financial reports. They paint a very clear picture of their business practices. The most relevant one being their online integrated report from last year.

The good ol days when DMC takes 2 years to come out .
DMC 1 - 2001
DMC 2 - 2003 2 years
DMC3 - 2005 2 years
DMC4 - 2008 3 years
DMC 5 - 8 years still nothing ......................

DmC - 2013 4-5 years (production began in early 2009)

DMC4 is widely considered unfinished by the fans. It's clear that three years wasn't enough. HD games like DMC4 take considerable longer to develop. DMC1-3 were all SD titles.

Last edited:

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
COULD be true , but how come Uncharted games take 2 years and they have the best graphics
so is Assassins Creed series ?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Except their business reports clearly state that to be the case. Go and check.

While they have de-emphasized console titles previously, back in 2012-14, in favor of mobile. Officially that's no longer the case. Though mobile is still a key area for them, they are more dedicated towards console development than previously. Keep in mind that decisions made at the top take several years before resulting in physical products.

The re-releases is currently a key focus for them. The success of RE HD in particular made them realize that a combination of remastered ports and mainly digital releases is a decent way to make money. But the re-releases are not a replacement for their other areas of business. RE is the perfect example. Although there's been five different RE remasters announced the past two years, they're still working on both spinoffs and mainline titles. Revelations 2 released last year, and Umbrella Corps, Resident Evil 2 Remake and RE7 are all in development.

I suggest reading their business and financial reports. They paint a very clear picture of their business practices. The most relevant one being their online integrated report from last year.
And yet still nothing that supports your claim. Where is DMC? Where is Onimusha? Where is Dead Rising? Where is Darkstalkers? Where is Megaman? Where is Deep Down? Where is Dragon's Dogma? Where is Strider? Where is Dino Crisis? Where is Ghouls and Goblins? Where are all those franchises? Oh, wait capcom busy copy pasting RE and MH, year over year. At this rate I rather believer Squeenix makes new Blood Omen.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
COULD be true , but how come Uncharted games take 2 years and they have the best graphics

Well, in Uncharted's case, they have been using the same model for pretty much every game, with only small tweaks, which cuts down a lot of production time on assets. However, Uncharted 4 came out five years after Uncharted 3, so I'm not sure what you're thinking.

In regards to Assassin's Creed - a similar concept of reusing assets and such, buuuut...also Ubisoft's dev cycles seem to be rather trashy, and those games tend to ship with a loooooooooot of bugs...so...expediency is winning out over quality there.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
In regards to Assassin's Creed - a similar concept of reusing assets and such, buuuut...also Ubisoft's dev cycles seem to be rather trashy, and those games tend to ship with a loooooooooot of bugs...so...expediency is winning out over quality there.

Ubisoft had 10 studios working on unity alone. Besides that they had different studios working on different games at the same time, I'm currently looking for the articles I read that in, I'll update this post if I find them.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/10...nity-that-s-three-more-than-ac4/1100-6419664/

Still it's off topic, maybe we should move that conversation to a new topic if it turns out we might delve deeper into this matter.

Frazz

General gamer
However, Uncharted 4 came out five years after Uncharted 3, so I'm not sure what you're thinking.
That's ignoring Amy Hennig's departure after which roughly 8 months of motion capture work and the entire script were scrapped. U4 really was about 2-2.5 years of development with the entire ND team instead of the half that was originally doing it.

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
Well, in Uncharted's case, they have been using the same model for pretty much every game, with only small tweaks, which cuts down a lot of production time on assets. However, Uncharted 4 came out five years after Uncharted 3, so I'm not sure what you're thinking.

well they worked on the last of us instead from 2011 to 2013 , so Uncharted 4 did not take 5 years .
BTW anyone got that video of DMC X in HD ?
seeing Dante vs Credo and Dante going Devil trigger was cool

Last edited:

Gray Knight

Ah, well. Good thing I cut myself off from DMC news for a while and only recently checked.
Things Might go for the worst they might not, can never be sure really. I hold out hope just because I think this series has a lot of potential.
Capcom, I'm a little iffy on overall, but eh despite "Hope for the Best, expect the worst" being in play I still think they'll figure something out eventually.

Veloran

TrNsgg2.gif

I am extremely salty.

Not just because this isn't DMC5, or because it could have been what that financial report and all that mocap/panel stuff was about, but also because of all this new crap that nobody in the West is getting to see.

I don't think Capcom properly recognizes how starved for ANYTHING DMC fans are. All this new animation, voicework, music, I would have payed extra to get that stuff in DMC4SE. Hell, I'd have payed to get it on it's OWN, just send me a freakin' CD of Dante and Trish having a sick duo dance battle. But nope.

We'll be lucky if they even sell the OST to this at all, let alone outside of Japan. It took like six years for the original DMC4 pachinko OST to get leaked, not released, leaked to whatever unfortunate plebeians that can clamor for it.

Man. I'm still holding out hope for E3 next month (And distantly TGS down the line), but dang this is sad.

Top Bottom