• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

(New Pachinko) Devil May Cry X Last Judgement

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Just out of curiosity:
For the ones who follow Reuben/John/ Dan's twitter accounts: what is going on there since yesterday? A litany of complaints, I imagine.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Just out of curiosity:
For the ones who follow Reuben/John/ Dan's twitter accounts: what is going on there since yesterday? A litany of complaints, I imagine.

Not really. Reuben still does his pseudo science thing (LOL) and Dan is all focused on what seems to be his current mysterious project, supposedly a movie called The Order. A project that also seems to involve Johnny Bosch, as he also posts stuff related to that.

Reactions: Gel

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Have they really? Discontinuing means never milking an intellectual property again for ANYTHING---Pachinko, Mobile, video game, whatever. And I'm pretty sure a Konami representative literally said: "We’re still definitely working on console games and franchises such as Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Castlevania, PES and all the rest."

Could've been my imagination, though. At the time of the whole Konami debacle, I really couldn't hear anything over the sound of hordes of angry fanboys wailing in agonized anguish over Kojima getting the boot. These small details tend to get lost in all that.
So I assume you can provide any information on this theoretical Silent Hill, Contra, Castlevania or MGS not abandoned games outside of mobile and pachinko business? Because reasoning like "its just Kojima fanboys making stuff out" seems like really weak excuse considering after MGSV konami isn't making any new games aside from PES for second year already.
Yeah it was nice time when people sat and thought "hey konami just wanted to make quick cash. Its not like games weren't being made or something". Only than to realise that there isn't anything new coming out. Well now when capcom making same stuff konami made back than people are still sit and think "hey capcom just wanted to make quick cash. Its not like games weren't being made or something". Well we all hopefully know that history goes in rounds.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well we all hopefully know that history goes in rounds.
So far, I agree with everything you've stated in this thread.

It's true, konami unofficially decided to quit while they were still behind (that's without even getting into the horrid working conditions at their company) and capcom must've thought, "if konami can (barely) get away with it, why can't we as well?"

----

So, if a business practice is proven to work (in the worst way) then it's only natural that other companies would soon follow suit, regardless of the backlash that occurs afterwards.

----

I'm guessing square will also probably end up 'unofficially' stopping game production after FF15 and FF7RM are released, despite their (false) insistence to the contrary.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm guessing square will also probably end up 'unofficially' stopping game production after FF15 and FF7RM are released, despite their (false) insistence to the contrary.

Wow. And I guess then the entire Japanese gaming industry will focus on nothing but Pachinko and mobile, followed by the end of the world.

Come on, man. Do you actually think that a DMC Pachinko machine, which is old news too, as there were a DMC3 one and another DMC4 one, will decree the death of the franchise? If so, I'm wondering how did we get DMC4 and DmC in the first place, if a Pachinko is all it takes to kill a franchise dead.

This is just yet another wave of negativity coming up within the fanbase following a disappointing news, I've seen too many of them to think it's anything more.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
This is just yet another wave of negativity coming up within the fanbase following a disappointing news, I've seen too many of them to think it's anything more.

I'm inclined to agree. Although I don't fully rule out all possibilities, such as even worse case scenarios. I just think at this moment in time it's jumping the gun a bit suggesting that this might be the case.

Sesha

to be fair capcom already said they moving away from AAA and packaged games, so apparently Capcom going right after konami.

You're misreading that. They are moving away from physical releases and towards digital. It's a reaction to how titles like RE HD and DMC4SE sold really well as digital titles for them, and the industry-wide decrease in brick and mortar retail sales and increase of digital sales. Not AAA or console games in general.
I suggest reading directly from their financial report and particularly the online integrated report from last year, which states it much clearer.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Now, look. I was the first one ready to shut down the rampant optimism some people had in the other thread after the revelation that those mocap pics weren't for DMC5, cause I too thought was unreasonable. Is it people's fault if they thought that was any solid evidence of a new game? Yeah. But why do you feel compelled to laugh your ass off at them? They didn't do anything to you.

Two different things really. The laughter is aimed at it all culminating in a pachinko game, because that's just funny. The derision for people getting their hopes up is its own thing, and I've felt that way for a very long time.

I'm only slightly laughing at the people, because c'mon! Look at what this fanbase has done to itself. Rabid fanboyism divided it over a simple attempt to try something different in DmC without affecting the continuity of the original. Honestly, I shouldn't be all that surprised that the people who went so far as to consistently verbally (possibly emotionally) attack people for doing their job were so overly-invested enough to take tenuous, unrelated information as a sign of another DMC. Similarly, that chart of something DMC-related coming in 2016, that wasn't for us, that wasn't for the fans, right? That was for shareholders, wasn't it? If a new console DMC was on the docket, do you think they'd leak that from a chart like that? Don't you think we'd get some sort of teaser, or promo image? Seriously.

This is exactly why I don't get invested in rumors, because it can make you sour, put a terrible taste in your mouth, and make you lose faith in something when in reality, it's your own fault for putting your expectations so high to begin with. The company has no responsibility to give in to vague rumors and acquiesce to fans' expectations derived from them.

And sure, people really don't want the franchise to die, I don't either. It'd be great if there really was something new comin' 'round the bend, but I'm certainly not going to let my love of the franchise cloud my judgment and unduly get my hopes up. I saw the photos from Reuben, saw the chart for something new for DMC in 2016, saw the profit figures, and just said "Alright, let's see what happens."

Everyone is saying "**** you!" to Capcom when they should be saying it to their own overeager sensibilities.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Honestly, I shouldn't be all that surprised that the people who went so far as to consistently verbally (possibly emotionally) attack people for doing their job were so overly-invested enough to take tenuous, unrelated information as a sign of another DMC.
Of course you shouldn't.

The only surprise here is that it's taken this long to happen.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
You're misreading that. They are moving away from physical releases and towards digital. It's a reaction to how titles like RE HD and DMC4SE sold really well as digital titles for them, and the industry-wide decrease in brick and mortar retail sales and increase of digital sales. Not AAA or console games in general.
I suggest reading directly from their financial report and particularly the online integrated report from last year, which states it much clearer.
unless they starting to bring more AAA games, I don't think thats the case. At the moment capcom barely even does any effort to bring new games to consoles and even when it does its bare-bones like SFV. Rest are just rerererererereleases over and over and over and over. There just factually isn't anything to prove that capcom wants to continue their AAA business as before.

Frazz

General gamer
I think the problem for us all is that considering the Mocap was for the Pachinko machine it means that there hasn't been Mocap for DMC5 and thus a proper DMC sequel may not be released until 2020. That's a wait of 12 years for a new DMC experience for those that didn't want/ didn't like DmC. It's already been 8 years and that length of time has made people desperate as they know that the series could continue but Capcom won't confirm that there will be another one. That's the reason for people putting so much hope into Mocap photos and tweets - because they've been hoping and praying for a new DMC for EIGHT YEARS. I know that I have never waited on something for this long before.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
There just factually isn't anything to prove that capcom wants to continue their AAA business as before.
I don't understand why people choose to ignore this.

If Capcom wanted to release anything (besides RE7) they would've said something by now.

Waiting for E3 might help, but if there's no news by then, then it'll only make it worse for those that still hold out any hope for this series.

Top Bottom