• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Never Have To Sleep Again.

Would you take the drug?

• Total voters

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
So, I was recently browsing The Escapist, when I came across a thread posing quite an interesting situation, here's the original post.

I remember learning about a comic book a few weeks ago where a guy takes a drug that completely eliminates his need to sleep with no side effects.
I started thinking, keep in mind I'm a college student, that would be so cool. We spend 25 percent of our lives asleep. It would add years to our lives! We could accomplish everything we always wanted to in less time.
I would take this drug. Would you? Feel free to elaborate.

So, I bring this question here, taking this information into account, would you take this drug, and be rid of the need to sleep? Or wouldn't you? Remember, there are NO side effects to taking it, feel free to elaborate upon your reasons.

SIDE NOTE: The drug is perfectly legal and totally free, just for the sake of the thread.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I would, but the problem is the costs, and how accessible is the drug, also, is it legal?

I would have it simply so that i could fit so much more revision in, i wouldn't get tired staying up late revising for all my tests ¬¬

But i can see why people wouldn't, its unnatural, its not the way god intended life to be, if you believe it(i dont), and some people cant afford it. Plus, its a good way to relax, with sleeping =]

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
+ rep for an interesting thread Sir ^^

Okay, well when I look at it logically my answer is yes. I would definitively take this drug, considering it has no side effects. And I'm assuming from what I know of you, that you'd also take this drug ;)

My reasoning is pretty much explained already, by yourself. I would get more years added to my life. The whole feeling tired thing would be gone due to the drug, meaning you'd always be alert and awake (Can you imagine how that would feel? For every single day?) It would feel great, and people would have a lot more energy.

Although, the body naturally needs rest. But this drug would indeed stop the body's natural need for sleep, and therefore it would not require rest to fully function. So yes, I would take it.

@People who vote no: I don't really see your reasoning. What is to like about sleep? The only reason you people enjoy rest, is because you need it. Should you not feel the need for it, you wouldn't want any ;) I guarantee it. And it's nothing bad, where are the disadvantages of it? If you stay up anyway, then more so to take it then those who don't wouldn't you think?

You confuse me sometimes people :p

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Actually LoD, I'm not too sure if I would take it personally, for me, sleep is one of my favourite things to do, not only that, but it gives me the chance to get away from the world's problems for a few hours.
But one of my primary issues would be this, sleep is a way to break up the days, at a certain point, I feel that you would just lose all track of time, every day would sort of meld into itself and you'd never know what is what.

Although, the free time would be damned handy for revising and getting things done, and I'd love to see how the human mind would deal with not being able to process the events of the day during sleep.

To be honest, I'm undecided about it, and yes Vaux, it'd be perfectly legal, and you could get it freely.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Sleep is awesome:p I don't think I'd take something like that unless I was under any weird circumstances where every second of being awake counted.

Other than that, I learnt and accepted (and also liked in the proccess:p) to live the way we all do, and sleep more or less became one of my favorite time of the day. So definitely no for me:p

After all, being awake 24/7 could turn up to be quite lonely. You'd be always awake, where your friends/family/etc wouldn't. Imagine being in some kind of prison cell or something. The passing of hours would be unbearable without sleep. Some could say that they could sleep anyway, even if their body did not needed more sleep. But in my case I can't really sleep whenever I want so..:p

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I need my rest no matter how much energy I have that day. :< I'm an insomniac, so I barely sleep anyway, but I always feel sick or icky the next day. I don't think I could take a drug that allows the body to not need sleep. I think it should be used most by people who have really active lives.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Got got both good and bad sides. I love the night-time with a passion, my bed time even sometimes clocks till 6 in the morning even on college nights, plus more time for revision. But ultimatly no, I love sleeping and feeling relaxed say when I wake up all warm or something. I wouldn't like to be energetic all the time.

Sparda™

Simply no.

Sleeping is a natural process in life, and eliminating that phase is something unnatural.

Eliminate eating or urinating/defecating, or drinking. It's basically the same thing.

Sleeping is great. It relaxes and builds the body for the next day during the night. Sleeping has many positive things for it to become so easily bypassed.

I would take a drug which could grant me more stamina, power and flexibility.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Thanks for your replies, interesting to get a little insight into what the rest of you think about this matter.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Why thank you. ^_^

These sorts of things end up being interesting to me, nice to get some insight into the way my fellow forum members think. ;)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
^ One of my reasons too, sleep is a great way to just get away from the problems of the world and to forget bad things.

Thanks for replying. ^_^

Janny

Dines with dementia
If someone would offer me the chance to live in a dream and never wake up then I might have said yes. But live without dreaming? Hell no.. I'm lucky that I get lucid dreams on a regular basis which means that I can control then to an extent, so I'd hate my life without them. When life turns bleak I tend to look forward to sleeping.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Janny;150101 said:
If someone would offer me the chance to live in a dream and never wake up then I might have said yes. But live without dreaming? Hell no.. I'm lucky that I get lucid dreams on a regular basis which means that I can control then to an extent, so I'd hate my life without them. When life turns bleak I tend to look forward to sleeping.

^Lucid dreams? It's called daydreaming dude, you can do it awake.:lol:

Sparda said:
Simply no.

Sleeping is a natural process in life, and eliminating that phase is something unnatural.

Eliminate eating or urinating/defecating, or drinking. It's basically the same thing.

Sleeping is great. It relaxes and builds the body for the next day during the night. Sleeping has many positive things for it to become so easily bypassed.

I would take a drug which could grant me more stamina, power and flexibility.

^The time you would spend sleeping is just wasted time if the drug could just do all of those positive things.

I would take it, the world takes on a more beautiful form at night.

The blackness contrasted by the bright streetlights is amazing, I love the night.

LordofDarkness said:
@People who vote no: I don't really see your reasoning. What is to like about sleep? The only reason you people enjoy rest, is because you need it. Should you not feel the need for it, you wouldn't want any I guarantee it. And it's nothing bad, where are the disadvantages of it? If you stay up anyway, then more so to take it then those who don't wouldn't you think?

You confuse me sometimes people

^I know, they don't think right or something..:lol:

Top Bottom