• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's origins - What do you think?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
The point of this thread, though, is to just speculate about it. We don't need to have the answers. We can't even have them. I just hope this thread gets some more attention, as I'm sure many people have many different ideas.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
here's the real story of why his arm is demonic: One day Nero and his gf decided to go to the forest to f*ck about and then they found a cabin inside they found the book of the dead then the book flashed and corrupted Nero's arm but Nero was to chicken to cut his arm so he decided to keep it

...I sadly see that as a much more viable and acceptable origin than "Vergil made baby at 9"...
Not meaning to put it down. Just saying that a Deadite reference is more sound an explination than the copout asspull that the off hand notation in the artbook is...

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
...you know, I'm gonn'a do that when I do my Nero cosplay. if someone asks "dude, so is like Vergil your dad?" My response is in character will be "Vergil? That self castrized eunuch? Nah, my old man was the ever awesome ASH. Accidentally opened the Necronomicon, infected my arm, and we had to cut it off, then grafted on a demon arm. It's freakin' awesome now!"

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
...you know, I'm gonn'a do that when I do my Nero cosplay. if someone asks "dude, so is like Vergil your dad?" My response is in character will be "Vergil? That self castrized eunuch? Nah, my old man was the ever awesome ASH. Accidentally opened the Necronomicon, infected my arm, and we had to cut it off, then grafted on a demon arm. It's freakin' awesome now!"
Groovy!

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I can see it now. Nero holds up Red Queen. "This here...is my AWESOME STICK! A custom Caliburn model RQ-001, protype with increated rev, special Exceed system, and it has a high pressure injection system for ignition and lighting things on fire with extreme prejudice. You can find it in the Order's catalog next year in the demon hunting goods section."

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
I can see it now. Nero holds up Red Queen. "This here...is my AWESOME STICK! A custom Caliburn model RQ-001, protype with increated rev, special Exceed system, and it has a high pressure injection system for ignition and lighting things on fire with extreme prejudice. You can find it in the Order's catalog next year in the demon hunting goods section."
available for 69$

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I like the theory that Vergil is Nero's father because i would like to see Vergil "living" on another character, they could push Nero's personality development to a similarity with Vergil but holding his "unique" touch, would be cool see a "Vergil-like" acting on Nero.

I've written a quick "fan-fiction" in the thread of how Capcom could reconstructed the old series about Vergil story and how they could fit it into the storyline (it's more about Vergil itself than Nero, but it gives a -crappy- background to him). Also, i find pretty cool seeing Dante as the funny "uncle" to Nero that he was in DMC4, besides the exaggerated scenes and behaviour (that i admit i found entertaining too).

DMC Obsession

I don't know why you guys don't get it, Nero is Virgil's son. He was found in a black blanket with the name nero on it so he was taken in by kryie and her brother. Then when he meets Dante, Dante says " It's got to stay in the family" implying that he is related to dante and virgil. Then there's the fact nero's arm glows blue and virgil has the blue colour. The real question is whether Virgil is guiding and helping nero through his arm or whether he is using nero to regain power somehow and come back from the demonworld.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I don't know why you guys don't get it, Nero is Virgil's son. He was found in a black blanket with the name nero on it so he was taken in by kryie and her brother. Then when he meets Dante, Dante says " It's got to stay in the family" implying that he is related to dante and virgil. Then there's the fact nero's arm glows blue and virgil has the blue colour. The real question is whether Virgil is guiding and helping nero through his arm or whether he is using nero to regain power somehow and come back from the demonworld.

Obnly according to Morihashi Bingo's AU novel that was written after he left the employ of capcom were any of those true regarding Nero's past. Also, his hand actually glows PURPLE from the top and blue from the palm, and tends to flare red when he's angry. It was originally yellow, but it was changed because the glow effects were not showing up very well. If you watch closely in the epilogue of Nero and Kyrie, it shifts to glow yellow when she takes his hand and doesn't change back. Also keep in mind that eth skin coloring of the scale plate sthat encase his demon arm are red and blue, because his character is intended to blend Dante and Vergil.

Also, I can point out how compendiums and Artbooks are starting out outright contradict the games they are suppose dto expand on. The Hyrule Historia is notorious for this in the "official Zelda Timeline" as much of the descriptions of events fly in total contradiction to the same events actually shown and/or explained in the games.

So just because there are notes in the new art book from early planning or Capcom just decided to be lazy and slapp in "Nero = Vergil baby because we're so creatively bankrupt" does not mean I will ever just go "Okay, so Vergil had a kid at ten." Because Nero being a quarter breed cambion and Vergil mating with a human creates so many issues in on their own. Nero being a 3/4s hybrid, I could better believe, but again, Capcom won't explain it. that meas they never really actually planned it out and the "Nero is a child to Vergil", which also implies MORE kids somewhere", is a quick copout.

And no, retconning the timeline AGAIN will still not change my view. Dante was 29 in DMC4, as it took place a year after dmc1 where he was 28, that is word of the directors and WRITERS at capcom

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
To me it seems like different developers have intended different things for the character of Nero and they couldn't agree and settle on one thing :-/

Yeah couldn't agree more, I get that same impression too =/

DMC Obsession

someone should realy write to capcom about this because if they replied at least then we would all have the same right answers and there wouldn't be so much confusion.

death vador

ohk lemme tell all of you the truth about nero...
Nero is virgil's so becouse
1-nero repairs the broken yamato which only a son of sparda could

2-after getting the yamato virgil's spirit is behind him and its saying give me more power

3-who said sparda had white hair becouse sparda didn't have hair only eva did which means it must be eva nd sparda's sons are the ones who have white hair, and since nero has that hair means he can be virgils son

4-ever since eva died the sons did not stay together which means virgil could have met a human and had a baby

5-sparda did not die before his sons were born becouse trish says "i thought your father teached you how 2 use a sword".

6-in sparda bloodline before you unlock the d.t u hv 2 hv a great injury

7-the reason why nero's arm is blue and red is becouse dante and virgil are identical twins and he is sparda's grandson

Top Bottom