• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's origins - What do you think?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Kobayashi said Lady is 10 years older in DMC4. in dmc4 dante and vergil were around 19 now in dmc4 nero was the same age as vergil and dante in 3.

Nero can't be vergil's because all this means nero had to be born when vergil was TEN YEARS OLD.

Actually no...you can't really trust what Kobayashi said since

A. He barely had much involvement with the DMC franchise outside 4 (well he was the executive producer of DMC1) and he most of all even stated he only played DMC3 and didn't even finish it so he would be the last person I go to for accurate info on DMC.

B. What he said is in fact wasn't mentioned in any official source (not in game, in an official book, a manga/comic, or anything). Him saying Lady being 10 years older than she was in DMC3 was only in one interview and lets not forget it happened plenty of times where someone said something in an interview and it isn't usually is correct. Dante's and Lady's age in DMC4 and the time from DMC3 to DMC4 as well as DMC1 to DMC4 and even DMC anime to DMC4 are still unknown or unofficial.

C. Prior to that comment when DMC4 was early in development either him or Itsuno stated that Dante was pretty old in DMC4 (like somewhere in 30-40) and put such strong emphasis on that age by giving him a beard or his whatever it is in DMC4 but that was when DMC4 was supposed to be different sort of.

D. Its not just Kobayashi's word, the key director (Itsuno) and key writer (Bingo) who were both involved with DMC3/4 word holds more weight than the producer. Last time I checked Kobayashi didn't determine the direction for DMC4 the only thing he really did was have them create a new character for the young audience (Nero) but even Itsuno said Nero was on his mind during the PS2 life cycle and DMC4 was originally planned to be a PS2 released but Nero's gameplay mechanics were too much for the PS2 so they moved development to PS3 and that is why DMC4 were Capcom's first game being made on next gen (well current gen) hardware (well minus the Wii).

Well can't take it with a grain of salt. He might be true but since they can easily override what he said by coming out with an official source or FROM THE PROPRIETOR'S MOUTH HIMSELF ITSUNO saying otherwise.

The production of DMC4 is crowded in so much mystery and confusion its pretty funny.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Actually no...you can't really trust what Kobayashi said since

A. He barely had much involvement with the DMC franchise outside 4 (well he was the executive producer of DMC1) and he most of all even stated he only played DMC3 and didn't even finish it so he would be the last person I go to for accurate info on DMC.

B. What he said is in fact wasn't mentioned in any official source (not in game, in an official book, a manga/comic, or anything). Him saying Lady being 10 years older than she was in DMC3 was only in one interview and lets not forget it happened plenty of times where someone said something in an interview and it isn't usually is correct. Dante's and Lady's age in DMC4 and the time from DMC3 to DMC4 as well as DMC1 to DMC4 and even DMC anime to DMC4 are still unknown or unofficial.

C. Prior to that comment when DMC4 was early in development either him or Itsuno stated that Dante was pretty old in DMC4 (like somewhere in 30-40) and put such strong emphasis on that age by giving him a beard or his whatever it is in DMC4 but that was when DMC4 was supposed to be different sort of.

D. Its not just Kobayashi's word, the key director (Itsuno) and key writer (Bingo) who were both involved with DMC3/4 word holds more weight than the producer. Last time I checked Kobayashi didn't determine the direction for DMC4 the only thing he really did was have them create a new character for the young audience (Nero) but even Itsuno said Nero was on his mind during the PS2 life cycle and DMC4 was originally planned to be a PS2 released but Nero's gameplay mechanics were too much for the PS2 so they moved development to PS3 and that is why DMC4 were Capcom's first game being made on next gen (well current gen) hardware (well minus the Wii).

Well can't take it with a grain of salt. He might be true but since they can easily override what he said by coming out with an official source or FROM THE PROPRIETOR'S MOUTH HIMSELF ITSUNO saying otherwise.

The production of DMC4 is crowded in so much mystery and confusion its pretty funny.
I bet Kobayashi was the one responsible for retconning Kamiya's DMC work! How could he?!

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I bet Kobayashi was the one responsible for retconning Kamiya's DMC work! How could he?!

If your referring to DMC3 no he was not involved with DMC3 at all. Anyone who retconned Kamiya's work was Itsuno, Bingo, and Noboru (the scenario writer for DMC1).

Well Noboru and Kamiya were both accredited as the writers for DMC1 (so Kamiya didn't write DMC1 alone....maybe even Shinji helped not sure) but it was Noboru who single handily wrote the DMC3 manga, where it stated that Vergil lived the attack 20 years going against what DMC1 stated or at least implied but he tried to fix it by stating that Vergil hid his existence and that it was general knowledge that Vergil was dead or didn't survive so when Trish confronted Dante with that knowledge it wasn't what she knew it was she heard or whats the general word going around...smart Noboru.....however in DMC1 Dante did say he think Mundus was the one responsible for the death of his mother and brother.....so yeah not smart enough Noboru.

MigsRZXAStylish

If your referring to DMC3 no he was not involved with DMC3 at all. Anyone who retconned Kamiya's work was Itsuno, Bingo, and Noboru (the scenario writer for DMC1).

Well Noboru and Kamiya were both accredited as the writers for DMC1 (so Kamiya didn't write DMC1 alone....maybe even Shinji helped not sure) but it was Noboru who single handily wrote the DMC3 manga, where it stated that Vergil lived the attack 20 years going against what DMC1 stated or at least implied but he tried to fix it by stating that Vergil hid his existence and that it was general knowledge that Vergil was dead or didn't survive so when Trish confronted Dante with that knowledge it wasn't what she knew it was she heard or whats the general word going around...smart Noboru.....however in DMC1 Dante did say he think Mundus was the one responsible for the death of his mother and brother.....so yeah not smart enough Noboru.
Then how could Noboru screw up a great story?! Now I feel even more disillusioned! Then again, he didn't make Trish say something more specific on Vergil's fate...

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Then how could Noboru screw up a great story?! Now I feel even more disillusioned! Then again, he didn't make Trish say something more specific on Vergil's fate...

Yeah DMC1 was never clear or thought threw well about anything especially Vergil.

If he was killed as a kid why does he look like an adult in his corrupted state? He even looks very similar to Dante too. Then the DMC1 novel that Kamiya and Shinki Goekida wrote Vergil is alive as Gilver and clearly has a mind of his own too so he wasn't captured, killed, or possessed as a kid regardless....I think not even Kamiya knew what he was doing or maybe that was Shinki's own doing.

MigsRZXAStylish

Yeah DMC1 was never clear or thought threw well about anything especially Vergil.

If he was killed as a kid why does he look like an adult in his corrupted state? He even looks very similar to Dante too. Then the DMC1 novel that Kamiya and Shinki Goekida wrote Vergil is alive as Gilver and clearly has a mind of his own too so he wasn't captured, killed, or possessed as a kid regardless....I think not even Kamiya knew what he was doing or maybe that was Shinki's own doing.
Correction, SHINYA Goikeda. So pretty much what Trish said was rather vague at DMC1's intro scene.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I remembered something:
There is a possible mother to Nero and that mother is Alice. She was in the right place, at right time.
This was discussed in another place, but it's interesting anyway to be shown here.
Not that I'm an paedophilia apologist, but paedophilia is, in fact , the most common of all paraphilia ( which means fetiches).I's actually believe that as high as 90% of fetiches people have are related to paedophilia)
She was at the right place, at the right time.But Vergil wasn't in this kind of stuff, some could say, but if you see all his familiar history you find the following:
- His brother ( if you believe some "things") is involved in a worst situation than the above mentioned.
- Nero ( now confirmed his son) is in a romantic/sexual relationship with a woman who his adopted sister and he sees her as a lover, a mother and a sister.
So , even if Vergil have had intercourse with a physically altered child, his situation still is more " normal" than the other family members. ( Even if is a desgusting situation).
DMC is not exactly shy when it comes to psychossexual disturbances.
Sometimes I really wonder what kind of woman Eva was to have this kind of family...

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I'm not about to take a manga of DMC seriously and connect its story to those of the games. According to Capcom, it should be clear what Nero's origins are just from playing DMC4. I honestly don't know what to make of it. I'll ignore the ''Vergil's son' bullshit, because it just doesn't seem likely in the least. Nero is nineteen, Vergil would've been thirty. 30 - 19 = 11. Yeah, Vergil was eleven when he had Nero. AND with a human? He hates humans.

Vergil/Nero Angelo
His name is Nero, meaning 'black'. Most likely comes from Nero Angelo (Vergil). He gets a devil trigger that looks like Vergil, and it's blue. That said, it doesn't look like Vergil's DT that much. For instance, he has a halo attached to his shoulders, which Vergil never had. Nor did Nero Angelo.

Sparda
His colors are red and blue, implying he may be Sparda reincarnated. I don't believe he is, though. He's got the Red Queen and the Blue Rose. He gets a purple aura whenever he grips the Yamato. He gives a speech ''and if I become a demon, so be it. I will endure the exile. Anything to protect her''. What exile? He never fit in anyway. This really sounds like something Sparda would say, in reverse.
Berial says ''You are just like he was'', referring to Sparda, whom he supposedly met 2000 years before. He also says ''you are not human'', which kind of confirms that Nero is not 'a human who was infected by a demon, and got a soul implanted in his arm'. Never seen any human who had white hair at his age, either. Or any human with his strength.

What does pique my attention is that he never does anything that gives him a red aura. He does get red eyes, but that's just to show he's demonic. I haven't seen anything to suggest he has some relation to Dante, other than his demeanor.

I come to the same conclusion every time, as you can see if you read some old pages.
He is not Vergil's son, and no, it has not been confirmed.
He is not Vergil. The ''Power. Give me more power!'' probably came from Yamato, which might contain part of Vergil's soul.
He is not Dante's son.
He is not Sparda reincarnated.
He can't be another son of Sparda, since Sparda died when Dante was eight.
He was not born human.

He was an experiment created by combining Dante and Vergil's blood? Created from Sparda's blood? But he's weaker than Dante and Vergil. Can't attain a demonic form.
I don't get it. The character of Nero probably wasn't thought out well. Maybe if the timelines are fixed, he could be Vergil's son. It would finally put all this to rest. Nobody knows who his mother is, or even if Sparda is his father. What if Sparda had a sister or brother who had Nero with a human? We just don't know.

''Descendant of Sparda's blood''. ''Carries the blood of Sparda''.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
I remembered something:
There is a possible mother to Nero and that mother is Alice. She was in the right place, at right time.
This was discussed in another place, but it's interesting anyway to be shown here.

Not that I'm an paedophilia apologist, but paedophilia is, in fact , the most common of all paraphilia ( which means fetiches).I's actually believe that as high as 90% of fetiches people have are related to paedophilia)

She was at the right place, at the right time.But Vergil wasn't in this kind of stuff, some could say, but if you see all his familiar history you find the following:

- His brother ( if you believe some "things") is involved in a worst situation than the above mentioned.

- Nero ( now confirmed his son) is in a romantic/sexual relationship with a woman who his adopted sister and he sees her as a lover, a mother and a sister.

So , even if Vergil have had intercourse with a physically altered child, his situation still is more " normal" than the other family members. ( Even if is a desgusting situation).

DMC is not exactly shy when it comes to psychossexual disturbances.

Sometimes I really wonder what kind of woman Eva was to have this kind of family...
Bye the end of the manga alice had grown up

IncarnatedDemon

Are you serious with me? Vergil hates humans?

Come on...

Our theory about Vergil's psychology is that he suffered a mental trauma as result of his mother death.

So considering this theory, how can Vergil hate humans when his dear mother is a human? Surely if Vergil is or ever was a container of love, his love for his mother would tell him to not hate humans if they did no harm to him.

He may been indifferent about humans, but i don't think he hated humans.
In DMC 3 after being defeated by Dante, he tells Dante that noone can have his amulet. Not because of the amulet's use or whatever monetary gain it may have, but because of the sentimental value it has.
What Vergil said was basically
"Mother gave this to me Dante, you can not take it away from me"

So how can someone we suspect loved his mother(human) dearly go on to hate the humans? What has the humans done to Vergil? Nothing.

And don't give me that "Vergil killed humans in manga" or "Vergil did this".
Killing off people who provoke you (e.g thugs) or making decisions that may be bad for humans do not make you a hater of humans.
Let me illustrate that further with examples.
A evil person can do a good deed, but is the deed really good if the evil person did not mean what he or she did?

In other words without a clear intent you cant say Vergil hates humans. He may be indifferent about them, but hate and indifference is two different things.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Lets not forget if Vergil hated humans he would've killed the helpless and powerless and less armed Mary (a human), a human who was one of the main reason's why Arkham was able to deceive him and ruin his plans.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
im going with the assumption his was an experiment created using dante(red) and vergils(blue) blood however due to the fact that he is YOUNG inexperienced and an experiment that his dt is not yet discovered. however he is far from helpless the only reason dante had to go clean up after him in dmc 4(and let me remind everyone that in dmc 3 vergil killed beowulf after dante fought him and basically lost) is because all of the demons ran except for the frog. i agree that his origin should definitely be explained more but i for one am upset that i probably wont get to use him as a character again as i found the red queen blue rose devil bringer style amazing to use the only thing that would have made it better is if he had different styles like dante.

Top Bottom