• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's origins - What do you think?

Asmodaius

I know, I know... this is a topic that has been brought up millions of times before.
Nero's origins. Who is he? Why does he have that arm? Why does he look so much like Dante? What is his connection with the Yamato? Why is he such a fag?

... Okay, that last question is just me being personal, but I'm allowed, I'm gay myself. ;P

Aaaanyways...
In the DmC section, berto came up with a statement that I didn't know about, actually.
Apparently, Capcom already thinks that Nero's origins were explained in DMC4.

... And I was like "Wait, what?"...
I still have no idea where Nero is coming from and what his connection is to Sparda and Dante or Vergil. But apparently, the needed information is in the game.

So what do you guys think?
What information do we get from the game that could explain Nero's origins?

Discuss away.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
the only thing i know that capcom explains about nero's origins is that he MIGHT be a younger brother of dante and vergil since he was an orphan and yamato responded to nero. that's all i got :p

Asmodaius

the only thing i know that capcom explains about nero's origins is that he MIGHT be a younger brother of dante and vergil since he was an orphan and yamato responded to nero. that's all i got :p

So he could be Sparda's bastard son, huh?
Edit: Wait, I can't write b@stard?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
This game's story is pretty weird. Everyone changes their mind in a minute.

As for Nero. Well, at some point Yamato reacted to him, so Sanctus thought that this pretty much means he is a descendant of Sparda's blood - whatever that means. Nero has no parents as he is an orphan. Dante didn't know him either - neither Trish who was working for Mundus. Nero's demonic powers are very weak, and only through Yamato he can transform into a Vergil-like Shadow/DT. So if Dante is a halfbreed then Nero is even less than that.

Nero loves Kyrie. Nero loves Kyrie. And Nero probably loves Kyrie.

That's all we know:p

Asmodaius

This game's story is pretty weird. Everyone changes their mind in a minute.

As for Nero. Well, at some point Yamato reacted to him, so Sanctus thought that this pretty much means he is a descendant of Sparda's blood - whatever that means. Nero has no parents as he is an orphan. Dante didn't know him either - neither Trish who was working for Mundus. Nero's demonic powers are very weak, and only through Yamato he can transform into a Vergil-like Shadow/DT. So if Dante is a halfbreed then Nero is even less than that.

Nero loves Kyrie. Nero loves Kyrie. And Nero probably loves Kyrie.

That's all we know:p

And we're back at where we started. Except we now know that Nero loves Kyrie which NO ONE knew before now!

;P

berto

I Saw the Devil
.................. IIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiii.... Still don't see it....

Ok, here's my theory... Not a popular one but it's what I got.

Sparda is old, 2 thousand years old, that's a long time to spread your seed. Through the most reasent of Sparda's 'blood' Nero was born to a decendant of his. In a very bloody atack the lord of the underworld all but does away with the Sparda bloodline leaving only a woman fleeing with her child and two very stylishly dressers of the bloodline. On an odd coincidence three of the four survivors make it to Fortuna on a faithfull night. The first is Vergil who wants to learn of his father's lagacy and the others are the mother and infant child, whose there because she belives that a society that worships Sparda would treat his decendant well. Sanctus gets evil as all hell and cungers up this plan to be god knowing that if Dante can't be used he's got a back up, not quite as good as one would hope but better than nothing.

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
I HAVE A VERY FAR FETCHED THEROY

nero was created by mundus in dmc1 and he use some of sparda's blood when he fought him years before used that and created nero
just a quick 5 minute theroy lol :)

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
This is what I know about Nero:

1. He is meant to resemble Sparda. Sparda wore purple, Nero wears blue and red, which make purple. He loves a priestess just like Sparda did... it's basically the same story as that of Sparda.
Nero has the Devil Bringer arm, which is also red and blue. This leads me to believe the arm is Nero's own arm, NOT Vergil's, since Vergil's arm would only be blue, not red AND blue.
I don't think Vergil is 'inside Nero's arm', because how can a spirit be housed inside someone's arm?
Also, note that the spirit floating behind Nero seems to be Vergil, but isn't. If you look at Nero's full DT (my avatar), you'll notice that it looks exactly like the apparition (except for the blue color). But, it's actually quite likely Nero's DT is a fusion of Vergil's DT and his own.

2. He can't be Vergil's or Dante's son, since Dante is 29 in DMC4. This means Vergil would be 29 too. Since Nero is about 17 in DMC4, that would mean Vergil had sex with a human (which is doubtful) at the age of twelve (which is even less probable).
Another possibility is that Dante and Vergil are much older than 29; they are part demon after all. But I don't think this is the case, since Sparda remained in the human realm and fathered Dante and Vergil (in say 1975), and as far as I know, it's somewhere in the 2000s when Dante meets Nero.

3. He's had the blood of Sparda since birth. He's always had the white hair that the Sparda bloodline is renowned for. According to something I read, Nero's adoptive parents chose him because of his white hair, since it reminded them of their god, Sparda (the DMC novel is supposed to state this).

4. He may have been intended to be a half-demon like Dante and Vergil, since his concept art shows him sporting a full-body Devil Trigger (see my avatar, that's it). I read that only full demons and half-demons can have their own full Devil Trigger, so, since Capcom created full-body DT for Nero, that might mean that he's a half-demon, not a quarter demon like he should be if he's Vergil's son.

So the possibilities that we're left with are:
- Nero is a son of any relatives Sparda might have, and was left on the steps of the Fortuna Orphanage. This would make him a half-demon like Dante, though possibly less powerful.
- Sparda had a child with someone other than Eva. Probably not possible, since he died before Dante and Vergil were born. Besides, Sparda's a 'one girl' type of guy.
- Maybe he wasn't ''left on the steps of the orphanage'', (it sounds suspicious) but he was created by somebody, perhaps by an unknown scientist. It can't be Agnus, since he knew nothing about Nero's powers.
- He could be the reincarnation of Sparda, but with Sanctus blurting out that Nero ''carries the blood of Sparda'' and that he's a ''descendant of Sparda's blood'', this theory seems impossible.

It's told that Sparda was the feudal lord of Fortuna, so yeah, a lot of Sparda stuff going on.
Feel free to comment/point out flaws. Thanks!

Asmodaius

This is what I know about Nero:

1. He is obviously meant to resemble Sparda. Sparda wore purple, Nero wears blue and red, which make purple. He loves a priestess just like Sparda did... it's basically the same story as that of Sparda.
Nero has the Devil Bringer arm, which is also red and blue. This leads me to believe the arm is Nero's own arm, NOT Vergil's, since Vergil's arm would only be blue, not red AND blue. I don't think Vergil is 'inside Nero's arm', because how can a spirit be housed inside an arm? It doesn't make sense.

2. He can't be Vergil's or Dante's son, since Dante is 29 in DMC4. This means Vergil would be 29 too. And since Nero is about 17 in DMC4, that would mean Vergil had sexual intercourse with a human (which is doubtful) at the age of twelve (which is even less probable).
Another possibility is that Dante and Vergil are much older than 29; they are part demon after all. But I don't think this is the case, since Sparda remained in the human realm and fathered Dante and Vergil (in say 1975), and as far as I know, it's somewhere in the 2000s when Dante meets Nero.

3. He's had the blood of Sparda since birth. He's always had the white hair that the Sparda bloodline is renowned for. According to something I read, Nero's adoptive parents chose him because of his white hair, since it reminded them of their god, Sparda (the DMC novel is supposed to state this).

4. He may have been intended to be a half-demon like Dante and Vergil, since his concept art shows him sporting a full-body Devil Trigger (see my avatar, that's it). I read that only full demons and half-demons can have their own full Devil Trigger, so, since Capcom created full-body DT for Nero, that might mean that he's a half-demon, not a quarter demon like he should be if he's Vergil's son.

So the possibilities that we're left with are:
- Nero is a lost son of Sparda, and was left on the steps of the building of The Order of the Sword at Fortuna. This would make him a half-demon like Dante.
- Sparda had a child with someone other than Eva.
- Perhaps he wasn't ''left on the steps of the Order'', (I think it sounds suspicious) but he was created by somebody, perhaps by Mundus.
- He could be the reincarnation of Sparda, but with Sanctus blurting out that Nero ''carries the blood of Sparda'' and that he's a ''descendant of Sparda's blood'', this theory seems improbable. Then again, if Nero really is the reincarnation of Sparda, Sanctus wouldn't know that, and he'd call him a descendant anyway.

Please feel free to comment on my post if you believe I'm incorrect or if I've left something out, etc.
Thanks!

That was a rather nice post. And welcome to the forums. ^^

However, you say only full demons and half demons can DT, and that pretty much leaves out any possibility that Nero could be Sparda's son one way or the other.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Yes, you're right of course. But I think it may be significant that Capcom decided to change his DT form into a more human one, leaving only the arm in DT state.
And Sparda was probably faithful to Eva, and I believe he died before Dante and Vergil were born. If so, that would make it impossible for Nero to be another son of Sparda. So... I'm confused now :p

Asmodaius

Yes, you're right of course. But I think it may be significant that Capcom decided to change his DT form into a more human one, leaving only the arm in DT state.
And Sparda was probably faithful to Eva, and I believe he died before Dante and Vergil were born. If so, that would make it impossible for Nero to be another son of Sparda. So... I'm confused now :p

As am I. The whole Nero thing is just generally one big mess. And if Capcom said that the answer lies in the game, they have really hidden it well.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Devil May Cry wikia states: ''Devil Trigger (often abbreviated as D.T.) is a special technique possessed by demons and half-demons which allows them to release their full power.''

Of course, I don't consider that line to 'prove' that anything less than a half-demon can't DT. Nero already has a DT, just not the full DT (the one you see in the concept art) but the DT that awakens through Yamato.
But with the new DmC, I'm not sure if they'll ever continue Nero's story.

Asmodaius

Devil May Cry wikia states: ''Devil Trigger (often abbreviated as D.T.) is a special technique possessed by demons and half-demons which allows them to release their full power.''

Of course, I don't consider that line to 'prove' that anything less than a half-demon can't DT. Perhaps Nero could grow to get his own DT.
But with the new DmC, I'm not sure if they'll ever continue Nero's story.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be complaining if they just totally cut DMC4 out of the whole storyline and never doing anything with Nero ever again.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Well, I was disappointed, because I quite liked Nero and the idea of him being like Sparda.
But yeah, I'm just hoping the new DmC game will be better than its initial trailer. I felt like puking, honestly :p

Anyway, thanks for replying, Asmodaius!
Till next time!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Great post Lionheart! (The first one I meanXD).

Only one question though. How do we know Dante's age is 29 and Nero's 17? I remember Capcom saying some stuff about their age being /about that/ but nothing confirmed. Do you know anything about that? XD

Top Bottom