• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

might just be me but you could find this interesting

Noxotic

Mobfigurz;41627 said:
I dont understand, when do Dante and Vergil become one?

I dont recall such a thing happening, all I remember from there encounters is the fact that Vergil leaves the Amulet for Dante after their final Battle and thus, we see in that cut scene how Force Edge becomes Sparda and we see the Ora of Sparda around Dante.

As for the actions of Nero in the Trailer, as I pointed out several times, Dante simply evades Nero's attacks, Dante never once in the Trailer made a move to attack Nero, he LET Nero attack him yet he never fought Nero in the Trailer, even after taking a kick in the face from Nero, Dante still never fought him in the Trailer.
And from playing the entire DMC series, we should all know that Dante is far more powerful than any demon, just as his Father was more Powerful than Mundus himself, thus, we see in DMC1 the battle that rages between Mundus and Dante, Dante comes out on top and being only Half Demon, that should prove that Dante's Power is immense.

So, the Trailer therefore gives us insight into the game, why isnt Dante attacking or retaliating against Nero's attacks, Dante isnt the bad guy as many wouldve believed when first seeing the Trailer. There's a deeper mystery as to why Dante killed the Knights of the Order, why he doesnt attack Nero and what it is he wants returned to him from Nero.

Actually, I hadn't noticed that Dante hadn't attacked Nero at all. That may give a hint to my theory being correct, seeing as how he killed the other members of the Order of the Sword.

My theory is based on that Nero is Vergil's cast off humanity Mundus, but was born from a different mother in order to make its way into the world. That would explain the no-relation through blood part. Also, The corrupted arm could be Vergil trying to re-possess his other half in-order to gain his full strength, and full conciousness again. That may also be the reasoning as to why it says "Power, I want more power!". Dante may not have tried to attack Nero, because he is aware that this is Vergil's human side, and he loves his brother, as family, although in a weird way, because he had tried to save Vergil from falling in. He decides he wants to see his brother once more, as his old self, instead of seeing the mindless version of him from DMC1. It may also be the reason why Nero Angelo was in the original concept art for DMC4. Being how Dante is, heres what i think he would say...

"Hey, long time no see......" and so on.
Anyways, thats my guess :p
GIVE OPINIONZ NAO!
X_X
Oh well, theorys are theorys. Anyways........
DMC ROOLEZ

Dante4290

Mobfigurz;41627 said:
I dont understand, when do Dante and Vergil become one?

I dont recall such a thing happening, all I remember from there encounters is the fact that Vergil leaves the Amulet for Dante after their final Battle and thus, we see in that cut scene how Force Edge becomes Sparda and we see the Ora of Sparda around Dante.

As for the actions of Nero in the Trailer, as I pointed out several times, Dante simply evades Nero's attacks, Dante never once in the Trailer made a move to attack Nero, he LET Nero attack him yet he never fought Nero in the Trailer, even after taking a kick in the face from Nero, Dante still never fought him in the Trailer.
And from playing the entire DMC series, we should all know that Dante is far more powerful than any demon, just as his Father was more Powerful than Mundus himself, thus, we see in DMC1 the battle that rages between Mundus and Dante, Dante comes out on top and being only Half Demon, that should prove that Dante's Power is immense.

So, the Trailer therefore gives us insight into the game, why isnt Dante attacking or retaliating against Nero's attacks, Dante isnt the bad guy as many wouldve believed when first seeing the Trailer. There's a deeper mystery as to why Dante killed the Knights of the Order, why he doesnt attack Nero and what it is he wants returned to him from Nero.

ohh yeah..that just hit me in the head....its been a while since i played game 1. yea you're correct, it is spardas spirit who dante is one with, while all those spirit like things come out of nelo before blowing up and dropping the pendant.

knowing full well on the trailer, yes danted doesn't attack nero at anytime, just makes a little more sense. and what he wants back...well we will just find out once the game comes out on PS3/360:ninja:

Mobfigurz

»_")^Nexon^("_«;41667 said:
Actually, I hadn't noticed that Dante hadn't attacked Nero at all. That may give a hint to my theory being correct, seeing as how he killed the other members of the Order of the Sword.

My theory is based on that Nero is Vergil's cast off humanity Mundus, but was born from a different mother in order to make its way into the world. That would explain the no-relation through blood part. Also, The corrupted arm could be Vergil trying to re-possess his other half in-order to gain his full strength, and full conciousness again. That may also be the reasoning as to why it says "Power, I want more power!". Dante may not have tried to attack Nero, because he is aware that this is Vergil's human side, and he loves his brother, as family, although in a weird way, because he had tried to save Vergil from falling in. He decides he wants to see his brother once more, as his old self, instead of seeing the mindless version of him from DMC1. It may also be the reason why Nero Angelo was in the original concept art for DMC4. Being how Dante is, heres what i think he would say...

"Hey, long time no see......" and so on.
Anyways, thats my guess :p
GIVE OPINIONZ NAO!
X_X
Oh well, theorys are theorys. Anyways........

I agree with you for the most part, and I'd like to believe its Vergil whose using Nero as a Vessel for reincarnation, but then Dante would sense the presence of Evil and being as he's a Demon he would know that the lingering of a Demons existence was present even if Nero did hide the Devil Bringer.
Also, this throws in some intrigue, since Capcom said they may decide to use Nero in more DMC games cos he now has a fairly good fanbase, before the game has even launched, so will Vergil spawn from Nero, Im not sure, but Vergil will make an apperance in this game, so I believe.

But from that image I posted in another thread, it shows the outline of a huge demon surrounding Nero, concept art, thats the Demon I believe possesses Nero.

dejastar

Devil done crying
Ok after reading thru all the other post I started thinking..... what if Nero is not the son of Dante but the son of Vergil!! I mean Vergil was at the age of having babies. Nero may be a lovechild that he was made to have with Trish by mundus.By having a mother that was full demon(Trish) and a father with the blood of Sparta flowing thru his veins this would make Nero 3/4 demon, with the possiblity of becoming more powerful than Dante and Vergil. His arm is how his demon powers have manifested its self at his young age( which seems to be about 18 or 19 to me.).The order, which is full of demons(hints the slaying by Dante), is in on the deal with mundus. Thats why they take Nero in. But this is just a thought for a drunk ol' man lol:D

Mobfigurz

dejastar;41807 said:
Ok after reading thru all the other post I started thinking..... what if Nero is not the son of Dante but the son of Vergil!! I mean Vergil was at the age of having babies. Nero may be a lovechild that he was made to have with Trish by mundus.By having a mother that was full demon(Trish) and a father with the blood of Sparta flowing thru his veins this would make Nero 3/4 demon, with the possiblity of becoming more powerful than Dante and Vergil. His arm is how his demon powers have manifested its self at his young age( which seems to be about 18 or 19 to me.).The order, which is full of demons(hints the slaying by Dante), is in on the deal with mundus. Thats why they take Nero in. But this is just a thought for a drunk ol' man lol:D

Interesting theory, it could hold some weight but I disagree on the point you made about the mixture of Demon Blood making Nero more powerful than Dante.
That simply wouldnt be the case, Dante is pure from the Sparda Bloodline, his child, if only half his Blood is Demonic. But we have previously witnessed that Dante can unleash his TRUE Power, that of Sparda and making him as Powerful as his father but never exceeding that, so much so that he defeated Mundus.
Nero on the other hand, having half of Trish's blood, so therefor half Demon Blood, and half of Vergil's blood, quarter Demon, quarter Human, he wouldnt be nearly as Powerful as Vergil or Dante.
Your thinking on the lines of Demon and Demon, making Nero stronger, but you have to remember that Trish was created by Mundus and her power is in no way close to that of Dante as he stands in Human form, let alone in Demon form.
Witness back in DMC1 how Dante defeated Trish before he even merged the Amulets, before his Fathers blood in his viens gained Power.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Hey guys! DemonsSlayer6 is in da house! Too.
Anyway I just wanted to ask if in DMC3 if it was a Nero generator or Neo generator?
It just really bugs me alot...

Can I suggest something?
Anyway, who says that there is a new baddie?
Pleaseeee reply people...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
It was Neo-Generator:p

And a new bad guy is certainly in the game. The question is: he's a member of the Order? Will a member of the Order be the reason for the bad guy's appearance?

We are totally clueless about this..

Mobfigurz

Well Logic says there is a new 'Baddie', I dont think the foe could be Mundus and definitely not Arius, Arkham is dead and Vergil we have no clue about, you never know, we might be in for a surprise in regards to Vergil but who knows.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
If it were, were, Vergil...
How could he get out of hell?
And Mundus? A 1000 years when he returns...
So I dont think a thousand years have passed at all in this game...
The organisation is really confusing me though, why would they be bad in the first place, what are they up to here???

And anyway if Capcom says that Dante will be taking the back seat, then why would he be taking a big part in the game? I mean you know the part in the video when he says, "Give it to me and I'll let you go" then Nero said, "Try this!"
...O.K, Im just really confused now, again...

What would Dante be wanting if he doesnt take a huge part and is like taking the back-seat?!
And anyway you do play with him in the game, I also saw a video of Dante gameplay and I really dont have any explanation for the happeneing of Dante coming back...
I also saw the cover of DMC4 and it said "Dantes ...." The .... I cant see very well at all!
Search for it on gogle and try to check it out...

One thing though...
I really didnt get that one part that Jiggz said befor, it still bugs me.
If Arkham transferred into Jesters body, why would lady be dead when shw as going to shoot him in the head and then kill him???

Dante4290;41617 said:
If anyone can agree or disagree with me, i believe the story taking place in DMC4 takes place between 1 and 2, correct me if i am wrong.(im still a little informed on the actual story taking placed) If virgil was indeed killed by his brother dante, why is it in the cutscene on game 1 that dante and "nelo angelo" become one? thats after defeating nelo angelo the 3rd time, (before dante realizes that he deafeats his own brother drops the other side of the pendant in which completes the form of force edge into the full blown sparda sword)(side thought)In which i think virgil isn't exactly dead persay. but indeed mundus is definitaly sent back to the demon world. now the deal with nero, he's not definitly linked to dante by blood, because we all know that if he did, he would have a devil form also in which he doesn't,(so far i seen from gameplay vids on ign and gamespot) but he definitly knows how to keep up with a half demon half human being especially when it comes to reflexes(the DMC4 trailer) if anyone has a opinion...ill hear y'all out.

What does Nelo Angelo have to do in the whole game?!
I dont, reallllly dont think he can relate to Nero if you think so...
But why him in any case of other baddies?

Mobfigurz

DemonSlayer6;41877 said:
If it were, were, Vergil...
How could he get out of hell?
And Mundus? A 1000 years when he returns...
So I dont think a thousand years have passed at all in this game...
The organisation is really confusing me though, why would they be bad in the first place, what are they up to here???

And anyway if Capcom says that Dante will be taking the back seat, then why would he be taking a big part in the game? I mean you know the part in the video when he says, "Give it to me and I'll let you go" then Nero said, "Try this!"
...O.K, Im just really confused now, again...

What would Dante be wanting if he doesnt take a huge part and is like taking the back-seat?!
And anyway you do play with him in the game, I also saw a video of Dante gameplay and I really dont have any explanation for the happeneing of Dante coming back...
I also saw the cover of DMC4 and it said "Dantes ...." The .... I cant see very well at all!
Search for it on gogle and try to check it out...

One thing though...
I really didnt get that one part that Jiggz said befor, it still bugs me.
If Arkham transferred into Jesters body, why would lady be dead when shw as going to shoot him in the head and then kill him???

What does Nelo Angelo have to do in the whole game?!
I dont, reallllly dont think he can relate to Nero if you think so...
But why him in any case of other baddies?

You misunderstand my friend, just because Dante isnt the lead character in this game, doesnt mean he wont play a big part in it, afterall, Dante is DMC, without him its not Devil May Cry.

Remember, Dante is a playable character with stages available to him that are unavailable to Nero.

As for your question about Vergil, I have no logical answer but it maybe that he never returned to Hell when Dante defeated him, he vanished and no word was mentioned of him from that point in DMC1 or DMC2.

Dante maybe after the Amulets, Force Edge or the Devil Bringer, we just dont know, but something big enough to warrant his appearance in Fortuna and the slaughter of the Knights, the Order are involved in something bigger than they make out, hence Dante killing 'Humans'.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Sooooo...
I think that Nero could have somehow got Vergils amulet and Dante was telling him to give the amulet back because he doesnt want Nero to be harmed! In some way...

And it could also be the arm but that we cannot really have the correct explanation for as Mobfigurz said we can only speculate...
Please reply someone.

And anyway, what does Nelo Angelo have to do in the game?

Mobfigurz

DemonSlayer6;41882 said:
Sooooo...
I think that Nero could have somehow got Vergils amulet and Dante was telling him to give the amulet back because he doesnt want Nero to be harmed! In some way...

And it could also be the arm but that we cannot really have the correct explanation for as Mobfigurz said we can only speculate...
Please reply someone.

And anyway, what does Nelo Angelo have to do in the game?

It could be the Amulets, but Dante wouldnt want it returned cos it may lead to Nero being harmed, but because it was given to him and Vergil by their Mother, so its precious and it also is the Key to the Seal of Hell.

We are unsure as yet if Vergil will be in DMC4, but we hope he is, Vergil is Nelo Angelo, and we may see him as Nelo Angelo if infact he is the Possessor of Nero's Arm

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
O.K...
Nelo Angelo is in DMC1... Right?

How could he actually be Vergil then?
I mean if he were Vergil Dante would know it would be him, Im actually not so sure what to beleieve anymore at all.
Thugh, im sticking to a new baddie, and Vergil...

Mobfigurz

Nelo Angelo is in DMC1.

Let me explain, DMC1 was the first game releases but the timeline dictates that it is infact after DMC3 and DMC4 takes plce after DMC1. so the time line is DMC3, DMC1, DMC4 and DMC2.
Now, Nelo Angelo is Vergil before he went to face the Prince of Darkness, Mundus, once he faced him, he was defeated by Mundus and became Nelo Angelo (error by Capcom - Nero Angelo was supposed to be his name, meaning Black Angel). So we see Vergil as Nelo Angelo in DMC1, but his humanity is there still, hence why he feels pain when he see's the Amulet given to them by their mother around Dante's neck.

Dante may have known or should I say, may have suspected but he hadnt seen Vergil for so long and with the Armor it wasnt to know Nelo was Vergil, but it was Vergil's Love for Dante that prevented him from fighting Dante when he saw the Amulet.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
So if Dante was after the arm, he knows somethings wrong with it because he also wants something from Nero that could also not be his arm, but what?
Because Dante does play a big role in the game...
Hmmmmmmmm...

Mobfigurz

Basically, we dont know what Dante wants from Nero, but all of us who know the game know that the Amulets and Force Edge play a big role in the Story of DMC, so our initial guesses were that the Order or Nero had either of or both the Amulets or Force Edge. BUT, it could be something none of us factored in to the story, it could be the Presence of Vergil, or even something to do with Vergil, or it could even have nothin to do with anything any of us have said.

ITS ALL A MYSTERY!

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
The only thing ive got to say is... from my thought ofcourse...
I dont think Vergil will appear in the game at all!
Or maybe...(Evil giggles)

Top Bottom