• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Logan (Wolverine 3)

Reign

Honestly after their movie, no one wants to see anything from Fantastic Four anytime soon. Especially starring a villain whom casual audience viewers barely know.
Plus, I would rather see this drama-filled, hardcore Logan movie.

Don't confused "everyone" with YOU. People wanna see DOOM and DOOM may have been a F4 villain, but he's managed to beat the living hell out of everyone in the MCU.

You make no sense, the Old Man Logan movie has villains that casuals won't know.

How could it NOT be a drama filled hardcore Logan movie? Because of DOOM? Lol.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Reign
X-23 makes sense to use because she's his clone daughter.

I wouldnt have mind Dr Doom but i rather he be the overarching evil rather than the personal villian Logan fights.

That should be Sabertooth.

Reign

@Reign
X-23 makes sense to use because she's his clone daughter.

I wouldnt have mind Dr Doom but i rather he be the overarching evil rather than the personal villian Logan fights.

That should be Sabertooth.

Why would Sabertooth be a villain in Old Man Logan? He's not in the comic, it's Red Skull. Red Skull and Dr Doom have the potential of being a powerful worthy endgame to Logan. You can accept Dr Doom defeating Logan because he's defeated everyone in the comics and the movie just proved to you that he's capable of taking down Silver Surfer.

There's more emotional and cataclysmic weight if it's DOOM, because he would be smart enough to try and draw Galactus to earth to overthrow or bargain with him.

The clone daughter bid is trash and it's a copout. Not saying it won't be good, but they're playing this **** safe. They could've easily made this about Logan taking down a corrupt continent that ordered the capture and deaths of mutants. He could've stood for something by the end of the movie.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I did think it was interesting that they reference the X-Men comics in the trailer.

What are everyone's thoughts on that?

Reign

I did think it was interesting that they reference the X-Men comics in the trailer.

You mean how they depict what it really isn't and how Sauron is on the front page? I think it's them trying to be like Deadpool. They should've came harder than that. "This is how we are honored!? Mockery!?"

I would've loved Logan for saying that. It would show that the idealism of the X Men didn't succeed.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Why would Sabertooth be a villain in Old Man Logan? He's not in the comic, it's Red Skull. Red Skull and Dr Doom have the potential of being a powerful worthy endgame to Logan. You can accept Dr Doom defeating Logan because he's defeated everyone in the comics and the movie just proved to you that he's capable of taking down Silver Surfer.

There's more emotional and cataclysmic weight if it's DOOM, because he would be smart enough to try and draw Galactus to earth to overthrow or bargain with him.

The clone daughter bid is trash and it's a copout. Not saying it won't be good, but they're playing this **** safe. They could've easily made this about Logan taking down a corrupt continent that ordered the capture and deaths of mutants. He could've stood for something by the end of the movie.

It was always clear that it only took a few ideas from OML wasn't it? To much stuff the cannot use due to licensing issues.
Besides, how would they explain Doom? There was never any notion that there was a shared universe of FF and X-Men.
And why is the clone daughter thing a copout? It was her beginnings in the comic as far as I remember.

Anyway, just my two cents. To me it looks like an interesting endgame for the movie version of Logan, so I'll give it look when it comes out.

Reign

It was always clear that it only took a few ideas from OML wasn't it? To much stuff the cannot use due to licensing issues.
Besides, how would they explain Doom? There was never any notion that there was a shared universe of FF and X-Men.
And why is the clone daughter thing a copout? It was her beginnings in the comic as far as I remember.

Anyway, just my two cents. To me it looks like an interesting endgame for the movie version of Logan, so I'll give it look when it comes out.

To much stuff cannot be used, you are correct and my choice of Doom isn't within those licensing issues. There was never any notion about a lot of things. Is this saying that the Wolverine movies are apart of the X Men universe? Seems like it. So what would be the point in making an X Men sequel if we know all of who's left is going to be Wolverine? Confusion already exists.

X 23 is a female version of Logan. People don't know her and people will probably think, wow child violence or forced Wolverine replacement. Screw her origins and her character. Fox didn't even KNOW of her existence. The budget is lower as well and Hugh is taking a pricecut. There is not much faith in this movie already.

I'll be going to go see it because, I'm still hype about the title. Just don't like that they're pointing in the direction of Logan dying and this little girl taking his place. Just give us another Wolverine since you rebooted the X Men. I can not wait until Marvel gets their hands back onto these characters. Because if this movie flops and the next Wolverine is to have no star power, this could be a thing. I feel like I win either way.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
People wanna see DOOM
But does ENOUGH people wanna see Doom that it could turn a profit?

You make no sense, the Old Man Logan movie has villains that casuals won't know.
True, but it does have Logan and Xavier, and that's enough to bring in money.

Red Skull and Dr Doom have the potential of being a powerful worthy endgame to Logan. You can accept Dr Doom defeating Logan because he's defeated everyone in the comics and the movie just proved to you that he's capable of taking down Silver Surfer.
Except Red Skull is in the MCU, and again, not many people care for Dr. Doom.

Also in the trailer, there was no indication that Logan was the one who fought and killed ALL the mutants, and that doesn't necessarily say he can beat the Silver Surfer.

I think it was suppose to be a thing where in the universe of the movie, they made comics depicting what happened back then. Kind of like that one Batman Beyond episode where they make a stage musical for Batman, while Bruce hates every minute of it. Or in Avatar where the gang see a musical about their fighting the fire nation.

There is not much faith in this movie already.
Actually I see A LOT of people happy about this film.

I can not wait until Marvel gets their hands back onto these characters.

Reign

But does ENOUGH people wanna see Doom that it could turn a profit?

True, but it does have Logan and Xavier, and that's enough to bring in money.

Except Red Skull is in the MCU, and again, not many people care for Dr. Doom.

Also in the trailer, there was no indication that Logan was the one who fought and killed ALL the mutants, and that doesn't necessarily say he can beat the Silver Surfer.

I think it was suppose to be a thing where in the universe of the movie, they made comics depicting what happened back then. Kind of like that one Batman Beyond episode where they make a stage musical for Batman, while Bruce hates every minute of it. Or in Avatar where the gang see a musical about their fighting the fire nation.

Actually I see A LOT of people happy about this film.

-I don't know, do people wanna see DOOM more than X23 in Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite? Uh yeah. Has Doom been a major part of the Marvel comics for decades? Yep. Is Doom more popular? Yes. Is Doom the face of All New All Different Marvel? YES. Hm, I wonder why.

-Nobody said they wanted Red Skull. Lol

-.....There is not much faith in this movie.

- You make it seem like everyone isn't making bank at Marvel. Wolverine's previous movies have been the WORST movies out of them all. This one has no faith because of those 2 HUGE reasons.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Actually I see A LOT of people happy about this film

You're not the only one. Wherever I look at, there are people who have very good expectations about this film. Which is good, because it means theater seats are gonna be filled by a lot of asses, and honestly, if this movie ends up making a lot of money AND also being actually good, I'll be happy as hell, not only because Hugh Jackman will end his Wolverine carreer on a high note, but also because you can bet Fox and other companies will consider making more R rated flicks, which is something I would welcome with open arms.

Well, except Marvel. Nowadays, the idea of Marvel making an R rated movie is like imagining Asylum coming out of their mockbuster trend and produce something worthwhile.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
-I don't know, do people wanna see DOOM more than X23 in Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite.
Actually that would be me. Problem is that Doom is nobody to Wolvering, he's just big bad, but I don't think any of X-men characters actually cares about him, since he barely had any crossovers with x-men at least not in main line. So for people who's mostly into X-men (like me for example) Doom isn't really that important. While X-23 is probably one of the best newer characters they added tot he cast.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
-I don't know, do people wanna see DOOM more than X23 in Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite? Uh yeah. Has Doom been a major part of the Marvel comics for decades? Yep. Is Doom more popular? Yes. Is Doom the face of All New All Different Marvel? YES. Hm, I wonder why.
You're not looking at it from a bigger perspective though. Doom is popular to the comic books fans who have been with Fantastic 4 for a long time. However, he's just not THAT big for the general audience to care about; especially after the Fantastic 4 movies were such a hit and miss. Now X-23; a clone of THE Wolverine, THAT is something both comic fans AND a general audience will go to see compared to "that one villain in those mediocre F4 movies". If they gave him his own movie to shine, then maybe he could be something bigger.

-Nobody said they wanted Red Skull. Lol

Your exact quote was;

Red Skull and Dr Doom have the potential of being a powerful worthy endgame to Logan.

I was just saying that Red Skull wouldn't be a villain for Logan in this movie since he's in the MCU.

-.....There is not much faith in this movie.
Show me proof because from what I've seen, it's one of the most anticipated movies of 2017.

- You make it seem like everyone isn't making bank at Marvel. Wolverine's previous movies have been the WORST movies out of them all. This one has no faith because of those 2 HUGE reasons.
I know the MCU makes bank; I just don't like the MCU since their movies all feel the same to me. Plus MCU is terrible at representation, so imagine them completely missing one of the points of what made the mutants so popular. And then there's them apparently wanting to wipe the X-men out of the picture for the inhumans.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter

I want there to be a point in the film where Wolverine holds up a comic and asks "When the f#$k did I ever wear that?" lol

@Reign Um wtf? First of all, Doom? Yeah keep any version of the FF movies the he!! away from this. Then that would require making a new version of Doom for this film, which would be a terrible idea.
He's the primary antagonist for the Fantastic Four, and if they do ever do a crossover, they should have that version of Doom debut with the Fantastic Four.
And aren't you doing the same thing you're accusing DragonMaster of?
X-23's a popular character with Wolverine fans, and many fans have been wanting her in the films for years now.
Also no faith? Speak for yourself, I've seen several people place Logan high on their most anticipated movies of 2017 list.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Well, Wolvie said it best, holy ****. Girl looks as savage as Wolverine, if this is the last movie we'll see him in, it seems she's his worthy successor.
x-23-is-the-new-wolverine-2.jpg

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I don't know. It feels more like they'd be doing it because they know getting someone to fill Jackman's shoes would be difficult.

I'm not against a 'female Wolverine', but then again, I'd still like for Wolverine to be a part of future movies too, provided they got someone that did a good job.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Reign
Well Sabretooth has a personal connection to Wolverine and I dug Liev Schriber's take on him in Origins so I'm cool with that liberty being taken from the comic:cool:.

@Blackquill
I thought it was fun.

Top Bottom