• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Logan (Wolverine 3)

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I don't mind a female wolverine. Hugh Jackman's not gonna be Wolverine forever, and it'll be hard to find someone to replace him.
I think they could go the deadpool route and lean into the more goofy/self referential nature of comics, and just have her go back in time and stop her bleak future from ever existing, and end up joining X-Force, or being a member of the New Mutants.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I think they could go the deadpool route and lean into the more goofy/self referential nature of comics, and just have her go back in time and stop her bleak future from ever existing, and end up joining X-Force, or being a member of the New Mutants.

That could work for Deadpool but not for how they're doing their X-men series right now. The time traveling thing sure but I dunno about the goofy stuff.

Reign

Dr Doom is significant. It's like none of you have read any of the comics and don't know squat about Doom. It's fine. You can think what you wish.

Speaking of the Logan movie, the Lack of Faith is from terrible movies before it. They just renamed it to Logan. Because Wolverine can't sell anymore, it's a ruined license in movies.

Also, Doom's involvement with the X Men is high, hilariously high. So no, @Innsmouth, you are wrong.

@AgentRedgrave What? You just said you saw people place it on their most anticipated list. YOU saw them. I'm saying this from a business standpoint, there is little faith in this movie because of the last two and there are people who don't like being fooled again. They changed the title to Logan. They CHANGED the title from Wolverine 3 to Logan. To top it off, it's obvious I am looking towards comicbook Doom. I keep mentioning how he kicked everyone's behind. Why would I want the previous Dr Dooms?

@DragonMaster2010 It's funny how people here prefer a female version of Wolverine, but say nothing about Wolverine's son.

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Dr Doom is significant. It's like none of you have read any of the comics
IN THE COMICS. Not in the X-Men movies

Speaking of the Logan movie, the Lack of Faith is from terrible movies before it. They just renamed it to Logan. Because Wolverine can't sell anymore, it's a ruined license in movies.

???Uhm What? The first Wolverine movie was terrible, that's no lie. But The Wolverine was generally considered a good movie.
They CHANGED the title from Wolverine 3 to Logan

Wolverine 3 was never the movie's official title, nor was it ever gonna be. It's simply called Logan because A) It's not part of the same canon as the previous Wolverine solo movies due to taking place after the events of Days of Future Past and B) To establish that the film is meant to be a personal, character driven story.

To top it off, it's obvious I am looking towards comicbook Doom. I keep mentioning how he kicked everyone's behind. Why would I want the previous Dr Dooms?
And that's stupid because it would be completely left field, they've done absolutely nothing to hint at a shared X-Men and Fantastic Four universe.
What? You just said you saw people place it on their most anticipated list.
Yes, I saw several reviewers, who I highly respect, and have good taste in films place it high.

@DragonMaster2010 It's funny how people here prefer a female version of Wolverine, but say nothing about Wolverine's son.
Simple, X-23's awesome, Daken's a whiny b!tch

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Dr Doom is significant. It's like none of you have read any of the comics and don't know squat about Doom. It's fine. You can think what you wish.
You're right, I don't know a lot about Dr. Doom. Blame the Fantastic Four movies for souring my taste.

That may be true, but the lack of faith you're talking about seems to be few since, again, it's one of the most anticipated movies of 2017.

@AgentRedgrave What? You just said you saw people place it on their most anticipated list. YOU saw them. I'm saying this from a business standpoint, there is little faith in this movie because of the last two and there are people who don't like being fooled again. They changed the title to Logan. They CHANGED the title from Wolverine 3 to Logan. To top it off, it's obvious I am looking towards comicbook Doom. I keep mentioning how he kicked everyone's behind. Why would I want the previous Dr Dooms?
If it WAS going by business standpoints, then we wouldn't even have the Logan movie at all. Despite the last two X men movies not being anything special, both still made enough at the box office to make this movie. And so what if it's a smaller budgeted movie, as long as it's good.

And yet he wasn't in MvC3, which is where a good chunk of X-23's popularity came from.

Reign

IN THE COMICS. Not in the X-Men movies

.....No way. You're joking. So this would be a great idea and time to introduce comic book Doom. Yet, hey, you're going to disagree for some reason.

???Uhm What? The first Wolverine movie was terrible, that's no lie. But The Wolverine was generally considered a good movie.

A meh movie is a meh movie, but a meh movie is a horrible movie when it's prequel is bad. Nobody mentions it in passing where I'm from nor where I'm going to. Lol. It's not in anyone's top 10.

Wolverine 3 was never the movie's official title, nor was it ever gonna be. It's simply called Logan because A) It's not part of the same canon as the previous Wolverine solo movies due to taking place after the events of Days of Future Past and B) To establish that the film is meant to be a personal, character driven story.

You mean like the name Wolverine being the movie name? Wasn't it supposed to be a series called X Men Origins? That was centered around Wolverine. Gambit. Magneto.

And that's stupid because it would be completely left field, they've done absolutely nothing to hint at a shared X-Men and Fantastic Four universe..

You have a problem with them sharing a universe with Doom coming first? I think it'd be fantastic (ha). Doom being introduced this way. Way better than anyone they could bring up from the licensing. Left field? Comic book fans want comic book things. Left field is good to us. Duh.

Yes, I saw several reviewers, who I highly respect, and have good taste in films place it high...

That's great. That's your perception. Mines is different and makes more sense based off of the previous showcase of Wolverine's movies.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
.....No way. You're joking. So this would be a great idea and time to introduce comic book Doom.
No, the exact opposite. As I said before he should debut with the Fantastic Four. That's my opinion, and I stand by it.
This movie's being hailed as a send off for Wolverine. Making it also establish a shared X-Men/Fantastic Four universe would be a cluster f@!k.
A meh movie is a meh movie, but a meh movie is a horrible movie when it's prequel is bad. Nobody mentions it in passing where I'm from nor where I'm going to. Lol. It's not in anyone's top 10.
I didn't say meh, I said good. Most people I know thought it was good. And what does Origins Wolverine have to do with it? The movies have almost no connection to each other other then being Wolverine solo movies. It shouldn't effect one's perception of The Wolverine at all (cept the fact it's a superior, though still not perfect, Wolverine solo film)
You mean like the name Wolverine being the movie name? Wasn't it supposed to be a series called X Men Origins? That was centered around Wolverine. Gambit. Magneto.
Even if it's not a direct sequel, just calling Wolverine right after The Wolverine would be odd. Plus I do believe the comic series being, albeit loosely adapted, was called Old Man Logan

Left field? Comic book fans want comic book things. Left field is good to us. Duh.
Not out of nowhere with absolutely no setup. A little fan service is good, but when you can't make it work. It's not worth ruining the film over.

That's great. That's your perception. Mines is different and makes more sense based off of the previous showcase of Wolverine's movies
And my perception is Wolverine's solo films have been getting better each time.
The only two flaws for The Wolverine for me, were it's cartoonish third act (largely due to the giant cg Silver Samurai), compared to how serious and character driven the rest of the film had been. And that the action just didn't have enough bite.
We've got confirmation that the former shouldn't be the case this time. As for the action? If it's half as good as what we've seen teased in the trailer. Absolutely no problems

Reign

No, the exact opposite. As I said before he should debut with the Fantastic Four. That's my opinion, and I stand by it.
This movie's being hailed as a send off for Wolverine. Making it also establish a shared X-Men/Fantastic Four universe would be a cluster f@!k.

The Wolverine movies are within the SAME universe as the X men, people don't think that because it IS a mess already or they simply didn't see the connecting tones. Adding Dr Doom doesn't mean Fantastic four has to be involved. Did I not make that clear?

I don't think you quite get it. Doom is not the Fantastic Four's exclusive villain anymore and you would do better in this discussion with that understanding and an open mind.

Your opinion is based on the lack of knowledge of Doom. The miniscule amount that you have makes it harder for you to comprehend his introduction. I'm only asking that you open your mind to the thought, I'm not telling you to like it. I already deducted why you wouldn't.

I never shot down your idea and it seems more along the lines that my own is under attack for it being a simple opinion that only a comic book fan could think of.

I didn't say meh, I said good. Most people I know thought it was good. And what does Origins Wolverine have to do with it? The movies have almost no connection to each other other then being Wolverine solo movies. It shouldn't effect one's perception of The Wolverine at all (cept the fact it's a superior, though still not perfect, Wolverine solo film)

No, you misunderstood. I said meh. I would say "most people I know" too, but I don't care enough about the movie to bring it up in conversations. It's not memorable at all.

Even if it's not a direct sequel, just calling Wolverine right after The Wolverine would be odd. Plus I do believe the comic series being, albeit loosely adapted, was called Old Man Logan

Ok let's simplify this. You didn't think Wolverine meant it was going to be a personal movie for Wolverine. Cool. You don't think The Wolverine 3 or x men origins 3 would be good titles. Cool. You think that Logan sounds more personal, ok. I wonder what they'd call the sequel James Howlett or X-23. I guess we're off of that now.

Not out of nowhere with absolutely no setup. A little fan service is good, but when you can't make it work. It's not worth ruining the film over.

You don't have any setup to Logan! Lmao. It's like you can fill in the blanks about what happened to the X men before the movie even drops. It can work, I explained how to substitute the characters to make it even more like Old Man Logan comic. There's zero imagination coming from you. You just think it's impossible altogether, while I'm oozing with imagination from all sides. You're focused on how my idea wouldn't work and I'm focused on how it would, how people would respond to it, what it could mean for future films, how comic fans would be catered to, how the universe can be expanded through Doom's involvement, how the enslavement/apocalyptic tone would be believable, how it'd be a great nod to God Doom and ANAD's creation. If one wanted, with my idea, they could reboot the X Men universe and start with a clean slate.

And my perception is Wolverine's solo films have been getting better each time.
The only two flaws for The Wolverine for me, were it's cartoonish third act (largely due to the giant cg Silver Samurai), compared to how serious and character driven the rest of the film had been. And that the action just didn't have enough bite.
We've got confirmation that the former shouldn't be the case this time. As for the action? If it's half as good as what we've seen teased in the trailer. Absolutely no problems
The Wolverine was a mess. This is the only time it gets mentioned. Lol

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
The Wolverine movies are within the SAME universe as the X men, people don't think that because it IS a mess already or they simply didn't see the connecting tones.
Not the same thing at all, Wolverine was debuted with the rest of the X-Men, his films are spin-offs.

I don't think you quite get it. Doom is not the Fantastic Four's exclusive villain anymore and you would do better in this discussion with that understanding and an open mind.
I am fully aware of all of that. However, he is considered the Fantastic Four's arch-nemesis. You wouldn't introduce Lex Luthor into a random Batman movie (BvS doesn't count, it was a Batman AND a Superman movie. And doing too many things at once was one of the flaws of that movie)
Your opinion is based on the lack of knowledge of Doom.
???????Where do you get off just assuming I know nothing about Doom?
Ok let's simplify this. You didn't think Wolverine meant it was going to be a personal movie for Wolverine. Cool. You don't think The Wolverine 3 or x men origins 3 would be good titles. Cool. You think that Logan sounds more personal
Because the last movie was called The Wolverine, so just calling it Wolverine would have been weird, like calling the 4th Rambo just Rambo. And it couldn't very well be called Wolverine 3 because it has literally no connections to the first two movies (Taking place in a different timeline)

I wonder what they'd call the sequel James Howlett or X-23. I guess we're off of that now.
It's not getting a sequel, it's long confirmed to be Wolverine's send off.
You don't have any setup to Logan! Lmao. It's like you can fill in the blanks about what happened to the X men before the movie even drops. It can work, I explained how to substitute the characters to make it even more like Old Man Logan comic. There's zero imagination coming from you. You just think it's impossible altogether, while I'm oozing with imagination from all sides. You're focused on how my idea wouldn't work and I'm focused on how it would, how people would respond to it, what it could mean for future films, how comic fans would be catered to, how the universe can be expanded through Doom's involvement, how the enslavement/apocalyptic tone would be believable, how it'd be a great nod to God Doom and ANAD's creation. If one wanted, with my idea, they could reboot the X Men universe and start with a clean slate.
Well I'm looking at it from a film maker's perspective. Lots of comic book movies have failed for trying to do too many things at once.
Again, some fanservice is good, but too many things makes the plot too incoherent. This films is being marketed as a send off to Wolverine. And it shouldn't try to be too much more then that.
The Wolverine was a mess. This is the only time it gets mentioned. Lol
Really? Because it's been mentioned several times in the previous comments alone.

Reign

Not the same thing at all, Wolverine was debuted with the rest of the X-Men, his films are spin-offs.

I am fully aware of all of that. However, he is considered the Fantastic Four's arch-nemesis. You wouldn't introduce Lex Luthor into a random Batman movie (BvS doesn't count, it was a Batman AND a Superman movie. And doing too many things at once was one of the flaws of that movie)

???????Where do you get off just assuming I know nothing about Doom?

Because the last movie was called The Wolverine, so just calling it Wolverine would have been weird, like calling the 4th Rambo just Rambo. And it couldn't very well be called Wolverine 3 because it has literally no connections to the first two movies (Taking place in a different timeline)

It's not getting a sequel, it's long confirmed to be Wolverine's send off.

Well I'm looking at it from a film maker's perspective. Lots of comic book movies have failed for trying to do too many things at once.
Again, some fanservice is good, but too many things makes the plot too incoherent. This films is being marketed as a send off to Wolverine. And it shouldn't try to be too much more then that.

Really? Because it's been mentioned several times in the previous comments alone.

His films are tied into the same universe. Look into the facts.

I would introduce Ultron into the Avengers universe without Hank Pym.

Where do I get off? Exactly where you lost any semblance of imagination. I noticed you ignored what I said about it. So you're not doing so well in this discussion, at all. It's not worth discussing fantasy with someone who isn't capable of broadening their minds to new ideas.

We know what type of movie Logan is supposed to be. We know you don't like my idea for a comic book fan service Wolverine movie. We don't know if it's getting a sequel or not.

It's not in a different universe. It's in a different timeline. Same universe, different time. Therefore confirming that the Days of Futures Past event affected Logan because they're in the same universe.

A film maker's perspective? Without an imagination!? Lmfao. A amateur film maker at best. Straddling the same horses as your predecessors. Playing it safe because it feels familiar. Not taking any chances. That's how DC thinks and you don't wanna be like DC. Lol

Previous Wolverine movies talked about in a Wolverine movie thread? Who would've thought...so with that we're done.

Top Bottom