• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk about the Tokusatsu genre

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
So no Super Hawk, Tiger, Grasshopper Form for OOO? I call bull! Plus I may get the special edition just to grab that music pack..

Ultraman Geed(the show) is pretty to look at. The show has a movie like look to it, very sleek. I am four episodes in and Zero's host is lovable and Tahi is just sexy. Toho give me a whole episode of her training and I will throw all my money at you. Where is Koichi Sakamoto when you need him. He'd give that woman camera time and I would not complain.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Edit:

So I got in the Mail today my Certificate of copyright for my original story. Woo-hoo! Something I created now belongs to the annuals of USA history. I am now immortalized and I can start using the official copyright sign. (Yes a work is copyrighted the moment one writes it to paper but official documentation always looks better than me just flapping my gums.)

I am bringing American-Tokusatsu back to spotlight baby! Starting with a book. Woo! Which brings me to my point. My official copyrighted work is titled "Cyborg Fighting Super Riders" and is a Tokusatsu styled super hero story.
Toku shows have played a BIG role in my life Godzilla, Ultraman, Sentai, and the list goes on. I love these tales of good people just saving the day and keeping people happy (Or in Godzilla's case wrecking Tokyo) that has led me to creating my own Japanese inspired super heroes.

Edit:
The synopsis is as follows:

The terrorist organization D.E.A.T.H. attacks Earth using Cyforms.* Professor Backwash involves a group of young adults into fighting D.E.A.T.H. as the Cyborg Fighting Super Riders. The team is aided by the mysterious blue haired woman “Koko” also know as the “Goddess of Destruction."

*Cyform stands for cybernetic life form. The villains are cyborgs.

"D.E.A.T.H." is inspired by Kamen Rider's Shocker and Prof. Backwash is inspired by various Toku mentors like Zordon, REM, Torin, and many others. It is four man team consisting of the red themed leader, the pink girl, and the black (suit) strong man. The final member would make Dragon Ball's Lord Beerus blush at how powerful she is, it's got the very makings of a Tokusatsu doesn't it?
Okay I'll stop rubbing it in now.

Last edited:

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
23434884_865021930344193_3561698316837106802_n.jpg

23319130_865021933677526_3700733374974562636_n.jpg

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
well here's a toku from my country, directly in cooperation with ishimori production

i can't dig it, much like i can't dig the current products of tokusatsu

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
@absolitude I was able to see the video. I have heard of this show but never watched it. It's like Kamen Rider but with a bird theme instead of a grasshopper them right? Why can't you get into it?
Is because of the "weird" camera style that the show uses? Kamen Rider Kuuga through Kabuto used that camera style too, I never liked it.

In Geed news Riku and Berial have met and Laiha saves the day. Seriously Laiha, Riku kiss or I will rage!

Build isn't showing me enough Misora, that is wrong. Just wrong.

Lucky is a king now with a cool jacket. Orion Leon Red form is overpowered, the form is going to over shadow Zyuoh Whale during the team up.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
@absolitude I was able to see the video. I have heard of this show but never watched it. It's like Kamen Rider but with a bird theme instead of a grasshopper them right? Why can't you get into it?
Is because of the "weird" camera style that the show uses? Kamen Rider Kuuga through Kabuto used that camera style too, I never liked it.

In Geed news Riku and Berial have met and Laiha saves the day. Seriously Laiha, Riku kiss or I will rage!

Build isn't showing me enough Misora, that is wrong. Just wrong.

Lucky is a king now with a cool jacket. Orion Leon Red form is overpowered, the form is going to over shadow Zyuoh Whale during the team up.

yeah the lead form is the bird garuda, but there are also tiger form for the other riders from what i've seen and read.

Gackt and Tetsuo Kurata (kamen rider black, black rx) has made appearance each in the series and movie, was very nostalgic and amusing.

For kamen rider series, i couldn't get into em anymore because well i stopped at Kabuto, i think Kabuto was the last kamen rider i could enjoy, it has things to do with the actors and themes. The later ones doesn't suit me right, especially the actors

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
You mean the Riders turning into "pretty boys?" Kabuto was the last of the "Matrix style" look to the lead heroes. Were the themes that bad? Den-O was trains and comedy (a great combination by the way) Kiva was vampires, Decade was mind [email protected] mean world traveling, W was a detective show, OOO was... Medal collecting?
Fourze was space, Wizard magic, Gaim was dancing and fate, Drive was cops, Ghost was well ghosts, Ex-Aid was video games and now Build is cyborgs. I'm not sure I see the problem with Riders and their current themes because it seems super diverse to me.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
23905484_orig.jpg

24131100_orig.jpg

23795647_orig.jpg

23844578_orig.jpg

The latest issue of Televi-kun magazine has unveiled Kamen Rider Build's next form, the Kamen Rider Build RabbitTank Sparkling Form!

Sento creates a power-up item for his RabbitTank Form, the RabbitTank Sparkling, a soda drink kind of item. He pulls the tab, sets the item to the Build Driver and cranks the lever to transform into Kamen Rider Build RabbitTank Sparkling Form! In this form, he can use all of his weapons without any restrictions!

Another form that will debut next month is the Kamen Rider Build OctopusLight Form! He transforms into this form by inserting the Octopus and Light Full Bottles in the Build Driver. In this form, he can immobilize his enemies thanks to the octopus tentacles and blinds them with his light attached to his arm.

Finally, Sento and Ryuga once again have a disagreement, leading to them transforming and fighting as Build and Cross-Z respectively. As for the Hokuto Government, they are reading to make their move...

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
This info is all well and great but I want more Misora! (I have a problem... I don't care.)

I guess Sento's new form will be like Ghost's "Boost" form. Not a final form but something for him to bite on until his "super" form arrives. Which will last like two episodes then get replaced with a "Ultimate" form. Ah Rider, you suck at keeping forms relevant don't cha?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Now with the license issues fixed maybe Ultraman and its many spin offs can more Official US releases. Give me Ultraman Ginga and I guess Ginga S on Shout Factory DVD and I will sh@t happy bricks. "Take my money!"

I'll take Geed on eventual DVD too please.

Critic: You just want to screenshot pictures of Laiha Toba.

Me: Don't judge me!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
What a second... VIZ publishes that particular Ultraman Manga in the US? The hell! Nobody tells me these things, well I need that Manga now.

@Lain God this Ultraman looks so damn cool. So that is what would happen if a Ultraman and a Pilot from Titanfall had a baby huh? I like it. Although, live action is kind of the point of Ultraman... Well I will still watch it and enjoy it. (Not the first time Ultraman went anime though) I wonder if they'll drop winks and nods to other series or other Ultramen will flat out appear. I wouldn't mind seeing Anime style Ultraman Ginga.

@lorddemolatron So how does the game work? DO the Riders fight or itself a card based game?

Top Bottom