• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk about the Tokusatsu genre

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well between this and the Geed movie my pants have officially exploded.

Maybe Netflix can pick this up and more folks can get into Tokusatsu? I'm pretty sure Crunchyroll will pick this up.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Newsflash! One of the moments that we have been waiting for is finally here as the official title and 1st set of toy listings for the 2018 Super Sentai series is finally revealed! Read the exciting news after the break!

The 2018 Super Sentai series is officially entitled Kaito Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger. Here are the listings of toys:

Both teams will be using the transformation device/gun called the VS Changer.

Kaito Sentai Lupinranger

• Lupinrangers will consist of Lupin Red, Lupin Blue and Lupin yellow and are all armed with the Lupin Sword.
  • Their individually color coded mechas are called Dial Fighters which will form their main robot, Lupin Kaizer.
  • They will later acquire a new Dial Fighter called Cyclone Dial Fighter.

Keisatsu Sentai Patranger

• Patrangers will consist of Patran1 (ichigou), Patran2 (nigou) and Patran3 (sangou) and are all armed with the Pat Megabo. A 4th member will join them later (Pat Ugou) and will have a robot called Good Kaizer.
  • Their individually numbered mechas are called Trigger Machines and will form their main mecha, Pat Kaizer.
  • They will later acquire a new Trigger Machine called Trigger Machine Biker.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So...if I'm understanding this right, there's two teams in one series - 3 members in each and they're against each other.

Sounds interesting nonetheless.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Also sounds like Toei is trying to garner a ratings boost. But it does sound super interesting and as always I look forward to it. Super Sentai rarely disappoints nowadays. (At least for me anyway) Also, bring on the "Lupin the 3rd!" Ranger memes people!

lorddemolatron

Premium
Wait for look of new Super Sentai teams is no more now :):

1512752860-25007705-149590189017827-8769977177211928576-n_orig.jpg

The first image for the upcoming 42nd Super Sentai Series, Kaito Sentai Lupinranger vs. Keisatsu Sentai Patranger has surfaced online, confirming some rumors about the series.

The Lupinrangers are: LupinRed, LupinBlue, and LupinYellow and transforms using the VS Changer, a gun-type changer. They are also equipped with the Lupin Sword. Their mechas are the Dial Fighters: Red Dial Fighter, Blue Dial Fighter, and Yellow Dial Fighter. These three mecha, with the Good Striker to form the Lupin Kaizer! Lastly, they will have a new Dial Fighter called the Cyclone Dial Fighter.

The Patrangers on the other hand, are: Patran #1, Patran #2, and Patran #3. Like their rival Lupinrangers, they also transform using the VS Changer. In addition, they are also equipped with the Pat Megabo, a police baton. Their mechas on the other hand are the Trigger Machines and they are: Trigger Machine #1, Trigger Machine #2, and Trigger Machine #3. With the Good Striker, these mecha will form the Pat Kaizer. Lastly, they will also get a new Trigger Machine called the Trigger Machine Biker.

Patranger's final attack will involve fusion and it is called Patran Ugou. Finally, the Good Striker mecha is a sentient robot that serves as the central piece for either the Lupin Kaizer or the Pat Kaizer.

lorddemolatron

Premium
Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL recently premiered and reports coming from those who watched the film confirmed a debut of a new Kamen Rider.

SPOILER WARNING!

Kamen Rider Grease
made his debut in said film and the first thing he did was steal Kamen Rider Build's Phoenix and Robot Full Bottles. A mysterious Kamen Rider who seems to be from Hokuto, his identity and goals will be revealed in the TV series.

As of the moment, the only thing we know about the this Kamen Rider is that he transforms using the Scrush Driver and the Robot Scrush Jelly. He will likely debut in the TV series in January 2018.

kr-grease-eiga_orig.jpg

lorddemolatron

Premium
dqnbrieuiaer94o_orig.jpg

With the release of Kaito Sentai Lupinranger vs. Keisatsu Sentai Patranger's first quarter toy catalog, the plot of the upcoming series was also revealed.

In the series, the "Lupin Collection" is a collection of treasures with the power to destroy the world. When enemies from another world called the "Gyangfuu" steal it, 2 Super Sentai teams are employed to stop them!

Dancing in the sky, vowing to reclaim the collection are the Phantom Thieves Lupinranger and with hearts speeding fast, vowing to take down the Gyangfuu are the Police Squad Patoranger! For the first time Super Sentai History, there will be two true simultaneous teams! Catch a glimpse as the curtain rises on these shocking events...

Kaito Sentai Lupinranger vs. Keisatsu Sentai Patranger is to premiere on February 11, 2018, replacing Uchu Sentai Kyuranger in TV-Asahi's Superhero Time block at 9:30am.

dqnbjd1uqaamsjr_orig.jpg

dqnbir-u8aasczu_orig.jpg

dqnbjgfvqaaxns4_orig.jpg

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Thanks for sharing the pictures as always @lorddemolatron :thumbsup:

I am not liking the suits based on these still images. Reminds me to much of the "Gransazers" suits but with a bubble gum filter slapped onto the suits. But best to reserve judgment at this point. The giant robots give me a "Bull Rider Megazord" vibe and a "Deka Robo" vibe, I dig it.

The movie Masked Rider looks ugly, I'll wait to see it in motion because yuck.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Got to admit, I've never really been a fan of that. It always felt like an intrusion for the sake of advertisement IMO.

Oh you mean the "Toei way?" If they can push in a new Rider or a new toy best believe they will. But the new Rider's design is just blah right now.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I will say, the only time I liked it was retroactively when Shotaro referenced back to OOO's cameo in his film, during a later crossover film.

Shotaro: "Eiji, do you remember what you said when we first met? 'Riders always help each other out'. So go on, we'll handle this."

That was so heartwarming. <3

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
If that indeed is Build's "SS3 form" then it looks to much like Night Rogue. Meaning less of personal identity and more suit recolors with slight reworkings. (But I like Night Rogue's design so I'm ok with that) Damn it @Lain Must you remind me of the awesome-ness that is W? Must you? OOO had good characters but a story on par with Kingdom Hearts, nonsense.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well I watched the final episode of Geed and well... I'm heart broken now. Like with every Toku show I always feel bad when it ends because I get attached to the characters. Not seeing Riku, Laiha, Leito, and the rest every week is going to be strange.
It is like going 2 restaurant and always seeing so and so there. Then when they aren't there you feel lost and confused. Also I highly doubt you know who is actually gone. Highly doubt it.

lorddemolatron

Premium
lup-pat-01_orig.jpg

The latest issue of Televi-kun magazine has unveiled more plot details and images for the upcoming Kaito Sentai Lupinranger vs. Keisatsu Sentai Patranger!

lup-pat-02_orig.jpg

It was previously reported that the series will center around the Lupin Collection and how the two teams will handle this situation. That being said, the magazine revealed that this collection was gathered by the legendary thief himself, Arsène Lupin. This treasure of mysterious power, which is said that it can destroy the world was stolen by Gangler and it is the duty of the Phantom Thieves Lupinranger to retrieve it.

That is also the duty of the Police Squad Patoranger. Aside from securing said treasure, they will also arrest the villains responsible, which caused them to butt heads with the Lupinrangers! With both teams having the same goal, how can these two teams work together?!

lup-pat-03_orig.jpg

lup-pat-04_orig.jpg

lup-pat-05_orig.jpg

lup-pat-06_orig.jpg

lup-pat-08_orig.jpg

lup-pat-09_orig.jpg

lup-pat-10_orig.jpg

Finally, here are some more images of the arsenal of both teams. Both teams use the VS Changer and a VS Vehicle to transform. The Lupinrangers use the Dial Fighters as their mecha and transformation item while the Patorangers use the Trigger Machines for the same purpose. Both teams have their respective side weapons, for the Lupinrangers, it's the Lupin Sword while the Patorangers, it's the Pat Megabo.

Kaito Sentai Lupinranger vs. Keisatsu Sentai Patranger is to premiere on February 11, 2018, replacing Uchu Sentai Kyuranger in TV-Asahi's Superhero Time block at 9:30am.

Top Bottom