• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk about the Tokusatsu genre

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Misora doesn't get enough screen time. I demand a V- Cinema purely dedicated to her. Do you hear me Toei, make it so! As for Kyuranger Garu is adorable. And Champ is back!
But the latest Kyuranger episode felt rushed, also freakin' tell me how Don Armage survived already!
@lorddemolatron You are usually good at gathering magazine scans. Have you stumbled upon Sentai and/or Rider photo books/scans?

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Actually for now i not seen any of those JP magazine and toy catalog scans on KR or sentai so for now im assuming its small hiatus in JP only once seen leak of second rider name in KR build for now:

Kamen Rider Build's second quarter toy catalog has surfaced, revealing Kamen Rider Cross' new form and two new Riders!

For starters, Kamen Rider Cross gets a new form, the Kamen Rider Cross Charge. In addition, we will also meet two new Riders, Kamen Rider Grease and Kamen Rider Rogue. These three will all use the same transformation device, the Scrush Driver. Inserting the Dragon Scrush Jelly, Kamen Rider Cross transforms into Cross Charge, while Kamen Rider Grease uses the Robot Scrush Jelly to transform.

These two will use the same weapon, the Twin Breaker, a gun mounted on the wrist. In addition, you can set two Full Bottles to launch a powerful attack. These items are expected for December release, and will likely debut in the series before the year ends or in the New Year.

build-2nd-00_orig.jpg

build-2nd-01_orig.jpg

Kamen Rider Rogue on the other hand, uses the Crocodile Crack Full Bottle to transform. His primary weapon is the Nebula Steam Gun, which in the DX toy version, comes with the Gear Engine and Gear Remocon (remote controller). He also has two allies called Kaizers that will use the Nebula Steam Gun and said Gears to transform. Lastly, the DX Nebula Steam Gun and combine with the DX Steam Blade. These items are expected for a February release.

build-2nd-03_orig.jpg

Next are some more Best Match forms and their respective Full Bottles and release months! These forms are:
  • SmaphoWolf Form - Wolf Full Bottle and Smartphone Full Bottle - February
  • UniRaser Form - Unicorn Full Bottle and Eraser Full Bottle - February
  • GoldScorpion Form - Gold Full Bottle and Scorpion Full Bottle - February
  • TurtleWatch Form - Turtle Full Bottle and Watch Full Bottle - February
  • ToraUFO Form - Tiger Full Botttle and UFO Full Bottle - March
  • KujiraJet Form - Whale Full Bottle and Jet Full Bottle - March
  • ShikaMidForm - Deer Full Bottle and Pyramid Full Bottle - March
  • KirinCyclone Form - Giraffe Full Bottle and Cyclone Full Bottle - March
  • PenguinSkater Form - Penguin Full Bottle and Skateboard Full Bottle - March
build-2nd-02_orig.jpg

In addition, we have the Hazard Trigger, with this item, Kamen Rider Build will activate his Super Best Match forms! These forms are basically his regular Best Match forms except it is more powerful and in black. The first of which is the Kamen Rider Build RabbitTank Hazard Form, which will debut on February 4, 2018 and the second form being the Kamen Rider Build SmaphoWolf Hazard Form, which will debut on February 5, 2018 on YouTube.

build-2nd-04_orig.jpg

Lastly, here's the Kamen Rider Build PhoenixRobo Form, in which Build uses the Phoenix and Robo Full Bottles to transform. Seen beside are the Medal Full Bottle and the Friendship Full Bottle, which represents Kamen Riders OOO and Fourze respectively. These items are set for a December release, and will likely appear in the upcoming Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL film.

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
So I watched the Ultraman Geed preview special and I must say I am hooked. Particularly with the girl who wields a sword, she is very attractive. Also modern Ultraman gimmicks are corny to view in acrion. Take a tip from Toei guys, they made oranges, and strawberries look cool.
Oranges for Buddha's sake!

lorddemolatron

Premium
kr-hg-fin_orig.jpg

Toei has unveiled new posters for the upcoming Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL: Build & Ex-Aid with Legend Riders film alongside with more info about the film.

1508316036820.jpg

The new posters features the heroes both in their civilian and transformed forms. What's interesting is that in the poster that features our heroes as Kamen Riders, we see a bunch of foot soldiers with "X" markings in their face and chest, causing fans to speculate that they are related to Foundation X, an evil organization first introduced in Kamen Rider W.

1508315341492_orig.jpg

The film's main villain is Mogami Kaisei, a violent, evil scientist bent on annihilating all humans. One of the biggest enemies the Kamen Riders will face, he will be played by musician and writer Kenji Ohtsuki.

1508315157851_orig.jpg

Now for some more returning characters, Kamen Rider Fourze's JK (played by Shion Tsuchiya) and Chuta Ohsugi (played by Takushi Tanaka) will appear in said film. As previously revealed in the Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Wizard & Fourze: Movie Wars Ultimatum, JK is now journalist while Ohsugi is still a teacher at Amanogawa High.

rider-movie-01.jpg

As previously reported, Kamen Rider Ghost's Onari (played by Takayuki Yanagi) will make an appearance in the film. Now a former temple priest, he's now showing his comedic side while wearing an afro as seen in this image with him holding Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Genm's (played by Tetsuya Iwanaga) hand.

Featuring the tagline "The shocking Final Chapter to Heisei", the film is written by Kamen Rider Ex-Aid head writer Yuya Takahashi and is directed by Kazuya Kamihoriuchi(Kamen Rider Ex-Aid) and Shojiro Nakazawa (Kamen Rider Wizard). Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL is set to premiere on December 9th.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"Heisei Final"? Are they expecting the Emperor to suddenly die and the Heisei era to end? :tongue:

But in all seriousness, this movie looks like it could be pretty hype.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ex-Aid and some of Wizard's staff are involved? So the Riders will move freely and gracefully like Wizard? (Performance wise) I'm down for that. If Build doesn't have a "best match" freak out thanks to Eiji's (OOO) forms I. Will. Rage. Actually... All these Riders and their forms should make Mr. Genius Physicist lose his mind.
Also Misora and Ankh have to meet because my MisoraXPhillip fan fiction is not enough!

Too bad Ghost used Takeshi Hongo already because he would really hate Faust and it's Shocker like ways. And Foundation X is Shocker-light, they very well may be involved.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Unfortunately I'm not putting much stock in the movie villain. Modern Rider movies tend to suck because they are very generic. Eternal is the only movie villain who had any substance and a bad-@ss actor. Kamen Rider #3 wasn't a villain per-say but he was memorable too.
You know who's not memorable? The white Ghost Rider from KR Ghost or any villain from the OOO movies. Yuck.

lorddemolatron

Premium

Toei's official YouTube channel posted the 2nd trailer for the Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL: Build & Ex-Aid with Legend Riders film.

The new trailer highlights the film's primary villain, Mogami Kaisei (played by Kenji Ohtsuki), a violent, evil scientist bent on annihilating all humans. In addition, the trailer also revealed how it ties to Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, to be specific, how it ties with the Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: True Ending film.

Kamen Rider Heisei Generations film will also feature the return of the following Kamen Riders: Shun Nishime as Takeru Tenkuuji/Kamen Rider Ghost, Gaku Sano as Kouta Kazuraba/Kamen Rider Gaim, Souta Fukushi as Gentaro Kisaragi/Kamen Rider Fourze, and Shu Watanabe as Eiji Hino/Kamen Rider OOO with Ryosuke Miura also returning as Ankh.

Featuring
the tagline "The shocking Final Chapter to Heisei", the film is written by Kamen Rider Ex-Aid head writer Yuya Takahashi and is directed by Kazuya Kamihoriuchi (Kamen Rider Ex-Aid) and Shojiro Nakazawa (Kamen Rider Wizard). Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL is set to premiere on December 9th.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Man, seeing them all on their bikes was the most awesome bit of that trailer. I definitely feel like a lot of Heisei series forgot the "Rider" bit of the title.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Modern Riders rarely use their bikes and it's infuriating. Takeshi Hongo needed to rev his bike at high speeds in order to activate his belt and thus Transform. (Before he gained the ability to transform on the spot) This Rider/ bike relation was crucial and it's lack of screen time is painful. Shinnosuke used Tridron more than modern Riders use their bikes, let that sink in for a second. Also where is the Drive cast?

Episode 8 of Build and 35 of Kyuranger was emotional to the max. However the choreography was off and it made the fighting scenes odd. In usual news Misora is God damn adorable and I want to hug Hammy and Naga. >_>

lorddemolatron

Premium
Okay got today in JP lang mail concerning that new kamen rider mobile game and seems i can download it now:

This email you have sent addressed to customers who pre-registered in the "Masked Rider City Wars".
We pre-registration to smartphones game app "Masked Rider City Wars", Thank you very much.
From App Store / Google Play, since we released the app, we will inform you.

lorddemolatron

Premium
build-nov-01_orig.jpg

After weeks of teases, the latest issue of Televi-kun magazine has revealed that Ryuga Banjo will transform into Kamen Rider Cross-Z next month on Kamen Rider Build!

build-nov-04_orig.jpg

build-nov-05_orig.jpg

build-nov-06_orig.jpg

Ryuga inserts the Dragon Full Bottle in the Cross Dragon then inserting it to his own Build Driver to transform into Kamen Rider Cross-Z! Equipped with the Beat Cross-Zer, he finishes his enemies with a Dragonic Finish.

build-nov-08_orig.jpg

build-nov-09_orig.jpg

build-nov-10_orig.jpg

build-nov-11_orig.jpg

As for Kamen Rider Build, he gets two new Best Match forms next month. These forms are: Build KeyDragon Form and Build KaizokuRessha Form. Using the Lock and Dragon Full Bottles, Build transforms into the Sealing Fantasist, Kamen Rider Build KeyDragon Form! In this form, he can summon chains to lock his enemies!

Using the Pirate and the Train Full Bottles, Build transforms into the Rebel Who Arrives on Time, Kamen Rider Build KaizokuRessha Form! In this form, he is equipped with the Kaizoku Hassher, a bow that shoots trains.

build-nov-12_orig.jpg

As expected, thanks to these new Full Bottles, Kamen Rider Build gets more Trial Forms in his arsenal! The magazine highlights a total of 30 new Trial Forms with Kamen Rider Build HedgehogLock Form taking center stage.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Everyday I like to warm up using the precious "IXA-cise" training method provided by Nago-san.

Sadly, you do not transform into Kiva using this... :unsure:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
As a fan of Kiva I am distraught that I've never seen this excerise segment. I had no idea TV-Nihon subbed such a awesome segment. Where did you stumble upon this Gem?

Also that Kamen Rider game"s screen shot is great. Amazon steals the shot despite how far away he is.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
22886239_1840753139298263_2950828180897030731_n.jpg

23032792_1840752952631615_2553920403707932998_n.jpg

Well look who i unlocked in new KR game :D
Wateru! God I miss that mild mannered half breed. His Rider Kick was so damn cool because it had a air of mysticism and great practical effects.

Also this week's Build had a whole segment of Misora. My body wasn't ready! Also poor Garu was shafted by Caesar, damn it Lucky be more sensitive!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Top 5 favorite Rider Suits right here right now!

1. Kiva's suit: The vampire aesthetic is appealing and his chained up leg is just the icing on the cake. It busting open to reveal wings for the Rider Kick is superb.

2. W's suit. Sleek, and the scarf just works. It seems like the easiest suit to move in plus who doesn't want to share their consciousness with a recluse?

3. Ghost's suit. Love, love the hoodie jacket he has and when the suit is lit up it looks very Halloween like. Overall a wonderful design.

4. Riderman's suit. I like this suit because it is something a normal person could create and play the role of hero in. Plus his cyborg arm is versatile.

5. Drive's suit. This suit is a guilty pleasure of mine. I think this suit embodies the car theme perfectly and isn't top heavy nor is it light like W's, it is balanced and sleek. I do enjoy his headlight eyes too.

Top Bottom