• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk about the Tokusatsu genre

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
So my copy of Denji Sentai Megaranger came in and I must say the show is quite the tear jerker. I've forgotten how tough high school was... Also Mega Yellow and Black are the best characters because every reason imaginable.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
26815530_1761448007201363_8397085182710173404_n.jpg

18447591_1761447993868031_6403260050373159787_n.jpg

26804860_1761448020534695_106151873266112151_n.jpg

27067181_1761448063868024_5468663071384118641_n.jpg

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
The Lupin Rangers look so good while the Patren Rangers look blah. I do however love that Tori is thinking outside of the box with Sentai. After a season like Kyuranger you couldn't go back to typical Super Sentai. But this team vs team angle is interesting and fresh.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Getting major Drive vibes from Build's new form. Specifically Drive's form from his Summer Movie. Its name eludes me at the moment. But we can all agree lovable Sento becoming this dark badass hits you in the feels!

lorddemolatron

Premium
lupin-vs-pat-feb-01_orig.jpg

The latest issue of Televi-kun magazine has revealed more info about the upcoming 42nd Super Sentai Series, Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger vs. Keisatsu Sentai Patranger, which we learn what makes the Lupin Collection so special.

lupin-vs-pat-feb-05_orig.jpg

lupin-vs-pat-feb-12_orig.jpg
Now for some more details about the villains in the series, the Gangler. These creatures can disguise themselves as humans that the Patrangers have to investigate. In their monster forms, they have a safe in their chest. This safe harness the power of the Lupin Collection.7

lupin-vs-pat-feb-08_orig.jpg

More on said collection, each Lupin Collection possess a different ability and can be used to create weapons for the Lupinrangers or the power up the monsters hence the safe found in their chests. To unlock said safes, the Lupinrangers use their Dial Fighters to unlock it. As for the first two Gangler that our heroes will face, they are Galat Nago and Ruleta Gerou. Galat was the one the Patrangers track back to their hideout. As for the foot soldiers, they are called Porderman.

lupin-vs-pat-feb-06_orig.jpg

Now to some random details about our heroes and we'll start with the headquarters. The Lupinranger hideout is a cafe named Bistrot Jurer. Jurer means "promise" in French. The Patrangers of course, have their headquarters in a police station.

lupin-vs-pat-feb-09_orig.jpg

More on the Lupinrangers, LupinRed can speak random French and nicknames their sentient mecha ally, Good Striker, "Goodie". Their buckles hold their calling cards and wires within them and lastly, they wear masks to hide their identities during their escapades.

lupin-vs-pat-feb-10_orig.jpg

More on the opposing Patrangers, their GSPO publishes preventive ads against the Gangler, their boss, Commissioner Hilltop has a sweet tooth and is the one the team calls for backup. The team also has a robot named Jim Carter and finally, they followed one of the Ganglers, which lead to them discovering one of their hideouts.

lupin-vs-pat-feb-07_orig.jpg

The Good Striker, this sentient mecha is also part of the Lupin Collection and can speak on its own. Depending on what it allies itself with, it changes form and abilities. For starters, once it teams up with the Lupinrangers and LupinRed inserts it to the VS Changer, it will create clones and perform the finisher, Itadaki Strike. As for the Patrangers, Patren #1 inserts it to the VS Changer will fuse the three Patrangers to form Patren #U and perform the finisher, Ichigeki Strike!

lupin-vs-pat-feb-11_orig.jpg

lupin-vs-pat-feb-02_orig.jpg

Lastly, it being a sentient mecha, it decides on whose team he'll ally himself for the day. If it allies with the Lupinrangers, it will say "Kaitou Gattime!" but if he allies with the Patrangers, it will say "Keisatsu Gattime!"

The series is written by Junko Komura (Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger, Kamen Rider Wizard) with Takaaki Utsumoniya (Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, Ressha Sentai ToQGer, Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger) serving as the show's head producer. The series is to premiere on February 11, 2018, replacing Uchu Sentai Kyuranger in TV-Asahi's Superhero Time block at 9:30am.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
So the team shares the Mecha's components? That is different and written by Wizard's writer huh? That explains the Patrolrangers aid liking sweets. Their had better be a suger donut amongst his collection or I will rage.

lorddemolatron

Premium
Lul news from now PR, next season is practically ENG Gobusters guys :D:

power-rangers-beast-morphers-logo-1084915_orig.jpeg

A lot of big announcements were made for the Power Rangers franchise were made this week, for starters, we now have the title of the next Power Rangers series, Power Rangers Beast Morphers!

Set in the future, a secret agency combines a newly discovered substance called "Morph-X" with animal DNA to create the Power Rangers Beast Morphers. The Rangers must fight off an evil sentient computer virus bent on taking over the source of all Ranger power, the Morphin Grid itself. Featuring never-before-seen leather suits and an all-new beast-themed arsenal (including dynamic new Zords), fans should get ready for a season full of secret ops and morphinominal fun.

cyw8vbmuaaaemcp_orig.jpg

Based on the description, the series will adapt the 36th entry of the Super Sentai Series, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, a series that was skipped in favor of the following entry, Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger. More on the series, Saban Brands CEO Janet Hsu states, "With 'Beast Morphers' we introduce fan-favorite animal themes with a new, intriguing special ops storyline that keeps the Power Rangers series fresh for viewers of all ages, especially the new generation of viewers."

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Woah, woah woah... I thought this was a joke when I first heard about this. But it's actually real!? :nailbiting:

I am the hype!!!

lorddemolatron

Premium
lupat-mar-01_orig.jpg

lupat-mar-03_orig.jpg

lupat-mar-04_orig.jpg

lupat-mar-05_orig.jpg

lupat-mar-07_orig.jpg

lupat-mar-02_orig.jpg

The latest issue of Televi-kun magazine has unveiled new mecha that will debut in Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger vs. Keisatsu Sentai Patranger this March!

The Lupinrangers will get the Cyclone Dial Fighter, which will replace the Yellow Dial Fighter in the Lupin Kaiser to form the Lupin Kaiser Cyclone. The team's finisher is an electric tornado.

The Patrangers on the other hand, will get the Trigger Machine Biker, which will replace the Trigger Machine #3 in the Pat Kaiser to form the Pat Kaiser Biker. The front wheel transforms into a yo-yo to attack. But that's not all, the two teams will team up and will exchange their new mecha!

lupat-mar-06_orig.jpg

Finally, the mysterious Gangler who froze the people that are close to the Lupinrangers will make his presence felt. His name is Zamigo Delma and has 2 golden safes on his legs. Unlike your typical Gangler, he has a human form in which he wears a long string of white hair that covers one of his eyes, wears a sombrero, and loves to eat ice cubes.

lorddemolatron

Premium
1521937724502_1_orig.jpg

New toy catalog scans has surfaced online revealing the Kamen Rider that will debut in the upcoming Kamen Rider Build summer film!

This new Kamen Rider is Kamen Rider Terra, one of the few Martians that survived after its destruction thanks to the power of the Pandora Box. His job was to guard the Pandora Box from those who planned to steal it... only to fail after an astronaut took said box and brought it back to Earth. Terra arrives on our planet to reclaim the box, causing him to fight the Kamen Riders

1521937724504_orig.png

Unlike the Kamen Riders of Earth, he is equipped with the Pandora Driver, which requires two items for the transformation, a Relic Bottle and a Cap. A Relic Bottle is a primitive form of the modern Full Bottle. So powerful that its power cannot be contained without the Cap. Kamen Rider Terra has four Relic Bottles and its respective Cap, the Jaguar, Eagle, Raven, and Bahamut, giving him different forms and abilities.

His default form is the Kamen Rider Terra Jaguar Form, in which he inserts the Jaguar Relic Bottle and the Jaguar Cap in the Pandora Driver. This will announce "Kassei kara no chosoku dasher! Terra Jaguar!" which translates as "The high-speed dasher from Mars! Terra Jaguar!" Inserting a different Cap with a different Relic Bottle will cause an error message that says, "Baka-tare! Saba Jane-e!", which translates as "You fool! No dice!" before playing an explosion sound effect.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I like the Terra suit, reminds me of stream lined version of that Garuda Tokusatsu tv show. Speaking of Tokusatsu I've recently rewatched some of the Godzilla films and it still amazes me how they pulled off the sense of scale for the monsters. Heck the Showa era King Ghidorah is a insane idea pulled off near flawlessly. The creativety that goes into making these shows and movies is nothing short of brilliant.

lorddemolatron

Premium
The third quarter toy catalog for Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger vs. Keisatsu Sentai Patranger has surfaced online, revealing the two teams working together and the movie-exclusive mecha!

For starters, we have the Magic Dial Fighter and the Trigger Machine Splash. These two VS Vehicles will also give new weapons for Lupin Red and Patren #1 respectively. The Magic Dial Fighter will be released in August while the Trigger Machine Splash will be released in September.

Next is the movie-exclusive mecha, the Jackpot Striker. This mecha will combine with the Red, Blue, and Yellow Dial Fighters to form the Lupin Rex. In addition, it is likely that similar to Good Striker, Trigger Machines #1, #2, and #3 can also combine with it to form the Pat Rex. The Jackpot Striker is set for an August release.

Finally, the two opposing teams will finally work together as the two teams, and the mysterious Lupin/Patren X will form the Good Cool Kaiser VSX! This mecha is composed of the following VS Vehicles: Good Striker, Red Dial Fighter, Blue Dial Fighter, Yellow Dial Fighter, Trigger Machine #1, Trigger Machine #2, Trigger Machine #3, Gold X Train, Silver X Train, Thunder X Train, and the Fire X Train.

lupat-3rd_orig.jpg

lorddemolatron

Premium
build-may-00_orig.jpg

Next month on Kamen Rider Build, two new Kamen Riders will make an appearance as Blood Stalk gets an upgrade and becomes Kamen Rider Evol and Kamen Rider Mad Rogue making his presence felt!

build-may-01_orig.jpg

build-may-10_orig.jpg

Souichi Isurugi is possessed by a Martian entity known as Evolt transforms into Kamen Rider Evol Cobra Form using the Cobra and Rider Evol Bottles and the Evol Driver! With this new form, even Kamen Rider Cross-Z Magma is no match for him! Evolt will use his all new power to destroy the world!

Kamen Rider Evol is a highly evolved warrior whose strength, speed, and agility is unmatched by no one! Thanks to the return of his powers, his kicking, punching, and jumping gained a significant boost! But that's not all, he also has two alternate forms that represent our main Kamen Riders, Kamen Riders Build and Cross-Z!

build-may-11_orig.jpg

With the Rider Evol Bottle in place, he inserts the Rabbit Evol Bottle to transform into Kamen Rider Evol Rabbit Form and with the Dragon Evol Bottle to transform into Kamen Rider Evol Dragon Form! In this form, not only he wears the mask of our heroes, he also gains some of their weapons! In Rabbit Form, he can weild Build's Drill Crusher and while on Dragon Form, he weilds Cross-Z's Beat Closer!

build-may-04_orig.jpg

As to how this was possible, as it turns out, the Build Driver was based on the Evol Driver, which originated from Mars and was discovered by Isurugi. Thus, the energy they used is the same, allowing Evolt to use said power. The Evol Driver that we will see in the series was made by Takumi Katsuragi's father. Lastly, Kamen Rider Evol will face two of Kamen Rider Build's Hazard Forms, namely KeyDragon Hazard Form and KaizokuRessha Hazard Form!

build-may-05_orig.jpg

build-may-06_orig.jpg

build-may-09_orig.jpg

build-may-07_orig.jpg

Finally, next month will also mark the debut of Kamen Rider Mad Rogue! This mysterious Rider also uses the Evol Driver to transform alongside with the Bat and Engine Full Bottles. He is also equipped with the Nebula Steam Gun and the Steam Blade. But the bigger question is, who is the man behind the mask?

Speaking of enemies, it seems that Himuro Gentoku/Kamen Rider Rogue will team-up with Kamen Riders Build and Grease! But the big question is, why he decided to team-up with the other Riders? What's are the secrets behind Evolt, Vernage and Banjou and how these three are related? And lastly, what's the mystery behind the Pandora Tower? That's for us to find out next month!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
After seeing the Summer Build movie I am even more convinced that Build is a guest/co-star in his own show. Banjo is clearly the "main" character of this show and I like his development.

Top Bottom