• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk about the Tokusatsu genre

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
The 19th entry in the Heisei Kamen Rider series and the 28th entry overall in the Kamen Riderfranchise, Kamen Rider Build, has recently revealed new details for the show.

Shogo Muto of Train Man: Densha Otoko (J-Drama) and the Crows Zero duology fame will serve as writer while director Ryuta Tasaki of Kamen Rider Agito, Kamen Rider OOO, Kamen Rider W, Kamen Rider Gaim, Kamen Rider Drive, and Seijuu Sentai Gingaman fame, among other tokusatsu works, will direct. Tazaki commented, “Build is the hero with the highest IQ among the Heisei Riders. This work challenges the question of whether or not the world can be put back together.”

Kenji Kawai, who has composed soundtracks for Ghost in the Shell and Ultraman Nexus, and is currently composing the music for Ultraman Geed, will compose the soundtrack for Kamen Rider Build.

“Build” derives its meaning from the word “create”. The hero is a young genius physicist who transforms using two different components as if they were experiments.

The hero uses the Build Driver to transform by loading two “Full Bottle” transformation items containing various ingredients such as animals and machines. When the two bottles used are a perfection combination, they are considered a “best match” and allow for the finishing attack. Build’s primary form is RabbitTank, using the power of a tank and jumping power of a rabbit. He speaks his catchphrase “Well, let’s begin the experiment!” as he tries out Full Bottle combinations to decide the rules of victory.

The story begins with the Japanese islands divided into three by the massive “Sky Wall” that appeared from Pandora’s Box found on Mars. In the three new areas of Toto, Saito, and Hokuto, the unidentified living organisms called “Smash” being to appear. The hero will face the Smash with his belt and bottles.

The tagline of the series is, “The laws of victory has been decided!”

The series begins on September 3rd, 2017, at 8:00 AM on TV Asahi on Sundays before moving to 9:00 AM on in October, 2017. The cast will be announced on August 2nd, 2017.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
20431217_820900014737115_9011322925459853772_n.jpg

20294353_820900021403781_432561208532509981_n.jpg

20375652_820900018070448_7892385795917085064_n.jpg

20258456_820900044737112_2866441935906928439_n.jpg

20294202_820900048070445_520427151937308845_n.jpg

972108_820900081403775_5586254881508716907_n.jpg

20375919_820900088070441_3991042909610549370_n.jpg

20294155_820900091403774_7992986396218878679_n.jpg

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's that time of year again where I have to get used to Build as the new hero and leave Ex-Aid behind. It is like breaking up and hooking up on a yearly cycle. My emotions damn it! :eek:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
The licencing to bring those monsters and that game over to the west would be a nightmare. That is a shame because this is looking better and better with each additon. Give me Ultraman Ginga and I will officially lose my "ship." Just saying.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The licencing to bring those monsters and that game over to the west would be a nightmare. That is a shame because this is looking better and better with each additon. Give me Ultraman Ginga and I will officially lose my "ship." Just saying.
Well, even if they don't localise it, I still plan on importing it if necessary.

As an aside, in the most recent episode of Ultraman Geed, the titular Geed finally makes contact with Ultraman Zero and looks up to his senior and calls him "Big Brother Zero" which was surprisingly cute. <3

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm so on it! My life has prepared me for out running giant monsters. This is my time!

A pet peeve of mine is the word "Kaiju." I'm a "translate everything" kind of guy and "Kaiju" while sounding cool is just (roughly) giant monsters. Just call them that. I blame Pacific Rim for spreading the word "Kaiju" around.

Still kind of bugged that the US release of Carranger doesn't translate "Gekisou" during their transformation. Sigh.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Like nudtiy in the W Manga? That may be a issue. Perhaps PM the link if you wish to share it. Then share your thoughts about the Manga here.
I don't know so I'm spit balling ideas here.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Ho, ho. I was a bit worried about the slow start in Ultraman Geed, but the eventual meeting between the heroes and the villain in Episode 7 has assuaged my fears. I was a little surprised by the lack of fighting in this episode - but even then I was on the edge of my seat the whole time from the tense atmosphere of being trapped with the villain.

So as it turns out, the famous author "Fukuide Kei" is behind all the monster attacks, summoning them from capsules similar to the ones Geed uses to transform. He doesn't seem able to fight himself but he is the human host of the evil Ultraman Belial which makes him dangerous - especially because Kei's intellect created a trap where he invites the heroes to a lecture he gives that is being recorded while he summons a monster outside. They cannot attack Kei to stop the monster because of all the cameras recording and they cannot transform because of the audience being right there. And so when the monster fires its laser Ultraman Zero has to make the ultimate sacrifice and use his power to block it at the (apparent) cost of his life...though the next episode preview makes it blatantly obvious that he'll make a return soon. :tongue:

So all in all, a great episode that has me hyped for the future of Ultraman Geed. :thumbsup:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I've been away for a bit, now I'm catching up on a lot of watching stuff. Starting with the last two episodes of "Ultraman Geed".

So as expected, Ultraman Zero wasn't dead from his sacrifice, just hibernating inside Leito's body. The villain, Fukuide Kei not only dismisses his monster before it kills Ultraman Geed, but publically calls Geed a hero for saving him and the other civilians. He definitely seems to want Geed stronger for something...I have a theory that he wants Geed to be his next human host. But anyways, Kei summons Galactron to fight Geed the next day and Leito desperately wants to help Geed that he runs onto the battlefield. Just when everything seemed bleak, Zero awakens and allows Leito to transform once again to save Geed. The best part of the episode was when Zero grabbed four Ultra-Capsules (up till now, everyone -even the villain- has only managed to use two at a time) and used them all at once to become "Ultraman Zero: Beyond" shouting "I HAVE NO LIMITS!!!" as he transformed.

Episode 9 was more on the serious side. We see the backstory of Riku's love interest - Leiha. She also once possessed a Little Star inside her which caused a monster to attack and kill her parents. But she also saw the monster turn back into a human - the villain Fukuide Kei. Flash forward to the present and she's itching to get a chance for revenge. So when he reappears summoning monsters, she challenges him to a duel. Despite his supernatural powers, Leiha manages to cut through it all with her amazing swordsmanship and actually wins! Shocking I know, but before she manages to finish him off, a mysterious voice urges her not to become a murderer for the sake of revenge and she drops her sword and Kei flees. I'll bet dollars to donuts that voice was Ultraman King from beyond the grave.

Geed has been shaping up really well so far. I wasn't too sure I was gonna like it when I first started, but it's really grown on me. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom