• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk about the Tokusatsu genre

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
That Kyuranger Movie poster is sexy. Maybe I was right in thinking that Mr. "the legend begins" is the 6th Ranger. (In that sense that he'll be the sixth person in the Kyulette the Chance.) Honestly give the Riders a giant robot or have them turn into giants like J can. (Or that one time Kamen RIder #1 became a giant) Because Kamen Rider is becoming Super Sentai minus giant robots and more drama.
Ooooh! Cyborgs huh? If Kamen Rider #1, #2, V3, Riderman, (or at least his arm) X, Stronger, Skyrider, Super-1, and ZX don't appear I will rage! (I can't say for sure if Amazon, Black/Black RX, Shin, ZO, and J are true cyborgs. They have a mystical, strange type creation about them.) Also 60's Mighty Moprhin Power Rangers? Will they clash with Ultraman or perhaps Skull Man? Now I'm just being delusional...

"Grand Delusion!" :thumbsup:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So I just watched the first two episodes of the latest Ultraman tv series, "Ultraman Geed".

The basic premise is that the hero Riku is the son of the villain of the 2009 Ultraman movie villain "Ultraman Belial" but inspired by old Tokusatsu tv shows Riku instead chooses to fight his fate and uses his powers to become a hero and fight off the oncoming monsters.

All in all, a very promising show so far. Hope it keeps it up! :thumbsup:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Belial has become "Venom" to the Ultraman series." His popularly is clearly evident within this season. And Yet I still have to finish Ultraman X... I'm so behind!

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
City_Shrouded_in_Shadow.jpg

So, is anyone else interested in this game? "City Shrouded in Shadow" - a game where you play as a civilian trying to survive a Kaiju attack. The main draw is that you're not just trying to survive against anyone... but Godzilla, Gamera, Mothra, Evangelion and Ultraman! Just to name a few.

See how many more you can spot! :thumbsup:

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
So, is anyone else interested in this game? "City Shrouded in Shadow" - a game where you play as a civilian trying to survive a Kaiju attack. The main draw is that you're not just trying to survive against anyone... but Godzilla, Gamera, Mothra, Evangelion and Ultraman! Just to name a few.

See how many more you can spot!

This feels like a massive joke, but I would play the crap out of it

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
This game makes me rock hard! :eek:

But the concept is fresh and exciting. Now imagine if you could play as humans from these franchises? Who wants to run around as Miki Sagusa?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
As unlikely as it is, I really want this game to come to the West. Even if it is a licensing nightmare.

The next "Kaiju" to be revealed has been teased in a magazine. The text reads "Next: A Giant that can change to different types!"
I'm fairly positive that it's going to be a second Ultraman, but as for which one? I can only think of Ultraman X.
Shadow001.JPG

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ultraman Victory? His body and abilities change based on what monster he uses. But that shadow could be any Ultraman honestly, they all look alike at times. :cautious:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Another Ranger huh? Toei how much money are you blowing on actors for this show? And couldn't that money go to Akibaranger Season 3?!

(I really like all these Rangers thou.)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So the third episode of Ultraman Geed has aired, "Salaryman Zero" as the name implies introduces us once again to Ultraman Zero who fuses with a young salaryman called Reito who died trying to save a child in a traffic accident. The way Zero now inhabits Reito's body and takes over during crises reminds me very much of Kamen Rider Den-O.

Anyways, Darkclops Zero attacks and in order to win Geed has to use the combined powers of the new Ultra Capsules - Seven and Leo and thus transforms into "Ultraman Geed: Solid Burning"!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's funny how Ultraman started all of this and is now taking cues from its first child. (The Kamen Rider franchise) I almost wish Ultraman (any one of them) would team up with Kamen Rider (any one of them) again. I do like that Ultraman is shorter in terms of episode count. Makes it easier to catch up and remember what happened in the last episode.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Speaking of low episode count, I'm currently marathoning last year's "Ultraman Orb". It's a very refreshing take on the franchise with interesting spins on familiar concepts. It's also a good jumping on point as while it is an anniversary series like Ultraman X, unlike X it doesn't feel like you're missing out if you don't have prior knowledge of Ultraman to appreciate what's going on.

Anyway, I was watching a review for the recent Live Action Power Rangers movie. And I was thinking about how Ultraman hasn't yet been brought to the West like PR and Kamen Rider has. And that's got me motivated to write a Western style Ultraman fanfiction! :thumbsup:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. @Izzy Ultraman has been brought over to the West, several times actually. The Original Ultraman got a English dub as did Ultraseven, in fact their have been Ultraman products made in the west.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Series
I meant in the same vein as "Power Rangers (2017)" and "Ghost in the Shell". A full scale Western made film featuring Ultraman for mainstream audiences. That would be really awesome. :eek:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh! Now I get you. Man that would be so cool. It would be such a simple concept to put together too.
Grab a group of actors to play a science team, slap some classic Ultraman names on them and give me a CGI Ultraman to wrestle with a monster inspired by Ultraman monsters but not actually one. My God, I sound like a Hollywood producer... I've forsaken my nerdy roots! :eek:
Forgive me. :vomit:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
A simple, yet cool looking bike.

Here's hoping he actually rides it regularly - that's definitely my biggest pet peeve with modern KR.

Top Bottom