• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Insults?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Because it has the potential to suck. I'm not sure if it will have an excellent story yet. And I'm not sure it will have good combat. So I'm 50/50 or on the fence. It could be awful with New Dante, revised combat, and setting or these could be used to Ninja Theory's advantage. That's why.

Well if it does fail then four things could come from it;

1.) Capcom will more then likely end DMC right there. (What with releasing the HD collection and a crap load of other DMC related things.

2.)They could continue on with one last DMC. (Either Nero's origin, Sparda's past, continuation of DMC2, or something else)

3.) A sequel to DmC?

4.) Ninja Theory could learn from this game and go on to creating better games from their knowledge from Capcom in creating action games.

That's how I see it.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Well if it does fail then four things could come from it;

1.) Capcom will more then likely end DMC right there. (What with releasing the HD collection and a crap load of other DMC related things.

2.)They could continue on with one last DMC. (Either Nero's origin, Sparda's past, continuation of DMC2, or something else)

3.) A sequel to DmC?

4.) Ninja Theory could learn from this game and go on to creating better games from their knowledge from Capcom in creating action games.

That's how I see it.

I pray for number 4. After this, they (Ninja Theory) need to move on. With the newly acquired knowledge and skills in combat (especially learning the dmc combat secrets) Coupled with their own strengths, after more application, NT will become a beast and force in action gaming in the future. They don't need fans baggage like the kind Capcom brings with them and has to deal with every game they make. I remember something similar during the development of DMC 3.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Capcom is originally from japan and capcom is full of japanese.If those japanese people thinks that dante's original look or i should say more anime look,then we have no choice but to accept izaya or neoDante.
Sorry I was reading through the comments and I just saw that last word...neoDante :,o I thought I was the only one using it.

NOW BACK ON TOPIC!!!
People are insulted by NT for a reason that I think is very prevalent in all forms of media, not just ours. People seem to forget that these people in NT are human beings--able to have opinions, changes of heart, and complex thoughts on subjects (Bayonetta). Same thing with celebrities when they make a simple hiccup out of a personal fault or when a sports star blunders in a game or if some artist or band just messes up in a concert.

As Forest Gump might say: "**** happens."

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Okay,entertain me and make me understand.
How exactly did capcom and ninja theory insulted the fans?
Because of how many of the fans are like raging bull because of the hair?
Well it is truly laughable.
I also know that this is not just the hair,but majority of fans in the internet still talks about the hair and the looks.

Here's the thing, okay, a lot of people grew up with the DMC franchise. It influenced their choice of words, their style of clothes, their outlook on life. Some pitted inspiration and motivation out of the series, for some it meant something precious.
It's a part of their lives, possibly the only thing that remained the same as life took its course and threw all sorts of changes at them.
Now, I can understand where they're coming from. There was an equal amount of hoo-haa and fanrage and flamewars because another beloved book character was changed from a fierce, goddess-like blonde bombshell, to a pitiful, woe-is-me brunette onto the TV screen. People swore they wouldn't watch the series because they had butchered not only the lead character but also other beloved characters. It wasn't the same. It had no right to carry the name of the beloved book or character. HOW DARE THEY! Why would they DO this to the fanbase?
So, it's not laughable. You change something about a character that people have connected with, you change the dynamics of that 'relationship', if you will. The character changes.
Do you see the upset here?
The ONE thing that has been consistent and stable for x amount of years, that people have found solace in would always be the same, is CHANGING. This goes far deeper than surface appearance, at least for the fans.
Memories are tarnished, sentimental attachment to the character is destroyed, things will never be the same again.

You might not be able to relate, so I'll give you a different example. Say one day, you come home, and find that your mum has redecorated your room without your consent. Nothing is where it should be, and things that you used to adore are GONE. You're a stranger in what ought to be YOUR room. And worse yet is that you don't like much of ANYTHING that has been done in your room. I'd say that you'd be quite livid with your mum for a while. Maybe have a rant at her. Give her the silent treatment. Swear you'd rather sleep in the doghouse outside than in that room. And then your mum gets fed up with your tantrum and says 'get over it, it's not going back to the way it was before, it needed a redo'.
1 - you get the impression your mum doesn't care
2 - it infuriates you that your mum would declare the change is going to stay for good
3 - wtf it needed a redo?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
And then everything your mum says to you henceforth will be taken as offensive and insulting. Hell your mum could look at you and you'd have a meltdown. Because, despite it being your mum's house and your mum paying the rent and your mum letting you stay in that room, she has brought unwanted change and you have no say in it.

That's where the 'insults' are coming from. When your mum says you needed blinds as it's a modern update because your old curtains were ragged and worn out, and you thought the ragged and worn out look was cool, you'd take it as an insult.

I'm not going to elaborate on this more than I already have, but hopefully you understand why fans are taking offense to just about anything and everything that NT and Capcom might say.

With that said, I haven't taken offense or found insult. I agree with most of what they've said regarding the fan backlash. They're not a bunch of monsters like the outraged fans are making them out to be. When my kid screams at me that she's leaving because she's mad at me for not bending to her will, I also say 'I don't care'. The fanbase has proven that they can't be reasoned with, that nothing said or done will appease them, so why try?

I think the best thing NT has done is shrug off the drama.

The thing is, it is just a game. Just like a book is just a book, and a TV series is just that. It's something new. Out with the old. Nobody likes letting go, but that's LIFE.

I don't like the new look of Dante. I miss the old mop of silver/white/blonde hair, and the blue eyes, and the red coat. I love love LOVE Dante's character. And yeah, it's disappointing that they've rebooted him because I don't like the WAY they've rebooted HIM. He's not the same character anymore, he's changed too much, too dramatically, it's not the ol' Dante. But do I find NT and Capcom insulting me? Nope. I haven't seen any flaunting curves or damsels in distress, and they haven't said anything that I've found personally offensive. Yes, some of the things they've said is questionable and probably not too smart on their side, but nothing too drastic to affect sales of the game.

With that said, I'm still a fan of Dante's. It's just going to take some adjusting to the new Dante.

I also hope that the fans who DO find insult/offense to the interviews will realise that my comparison with the bedroom scenario is to the A what is happening with them and NT/Capcom. I mean really, it is a GAME. They are the DEVELOPERS. Unless the game totally sucks and you don't enjoy it one bit, then maybe you can find insult in them stating that you 'will like it'. As it is, no one ('cept the lucky **** who got to test the game for bugs) can say that they won't like the game. There's a lot more to it than the appearance of things. Like they say, don't judge a book by its cover - the old Dante might yet be there.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I pray for number 4. After this, they (Ninja Theory) need to move on. With the newly acquired knowledge and skills in combat (especially learning the dmc combat secrets) Coupled with their own strengths, after more application, NT will become a beast and force in action gaming in the future. They don't need fans baggage like the kind Capcom brings with them and has to deal with every game they make. I remember something similar during the development of DMC 3.
Yup and i think either way, good or bad, this is just what NT needs to become a strong competitor in the action genre. I mean there are only a few REALLY GOOD hack and slash games. And i consider HS to be a very good game. (except no replay value and the game is really short)
You got DMC, Bayonetta, GoW, NG, and for some people, Darksiders.
I say "keep on bringing the hack and slash" Its only for my own enjoyment. And i'm mature enough to buy my own games and dislike them or keep games that people dislike.
To say that people are drones for buying video games is pretty naive, because i play all kinds of video games. Like people read all kinds of books or watch all kinds of movies. They just want to be entertained for a while. Sure you can question the game creator and make your assumptions about the game but its not the game creators goal to answer questions, they are just trying to make money. You can either buy it or don't buy it. Or say you'll buy it when the price drops but even then you still give them money. A huge part of sales comes from buying used games. Thats why places like Gamestop are popping up everywhere.
I guess my point to all this is, you are not a drone because you like to play video games. Your not even a drone if you buy everything with Dante's face on it, that just makes you a fan of Dante. And thats all up to YOU.
A drone is being controlled and the only thing game companies have control over is the game they are creating. Its your choice to like it or not.
As for me, i like DmC and i hope NT become a better company after this.

Meg

I just have to say something. Has either NT or Capcom insulted fans recently? I don't deny they did before, but...

>.>
<.<

What have they said lately? I haven't seen anything really. Even that interview with PSM3(?) I thought Tameem was largely professional while the interviewer was an idiot. I really don't get why the insults made in the past are still an issue. Please enlighten me. @.@

Tiran

The great pretender.
I don't think they intentionally 'insulted' ever. More rather the things they said were found to be 'insulting'. That lack of care was their mistake and the fact they did not lower themselves to bow down a kiss ass for a simple misunderstanding and proceed as if nothing was said is why everything they say is seen as a reinforcement and confirmation of perceived insults.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Here's the thing, okay, a lot of people grew up with the DMC franchise. It influenced their choice of words, their style of clothes, their outlook on life. Some pitted inspiration and motivation out of the series, for some it meant something precious.
It's a part of their lives, possibly the only thing that remained the same as life took its course and threw all sorts of changes at them.
Now, I can understand where they're coming from. There was an equal amount of hoo-haa and fanrage and flamewars because another beloved book character was changed from a fierce, goddess-like blonde bombshell, to a pitiful, woe-is-me brunette onto the TV screen. People swore they wouldn't watch the series because they had butchered not only the lead character but also other beloved characters. It wasn't the same. It had no right to carry the name of the beloved book or character. HOW DARE THEY! Why would they DO this to the fanbase?
So, it's not laughable. You change something about a character that people have connected with, you change the dynamics of that 'relationship', if you will. The character changes.
Do you see the upset here?
The ONE thing that has been consistent and stable for x amount of years, that people have found solace in would always be the same, is CHANGING. This goes far deeper than surface appearance, at least for the fans.
Memories are tarnished, sentimental attachment to the character is destroyed, things will never be the same again.

You might not be able to relate, so I'll give you a different example. Say one day, you come home, and find that your mum has redecorated your room without your consent. Nothing is where it should be, and things that you used to adore are GONE. You're a stranger in what ought to be YOUR room. And worse yet is that you don't like much of ANYTHING that has been done in your room. I'd say that you'd be quite livid with your mum for a while. Maybe have a rant at her. Give her the silent treatment. Swear you'd rather sleep in the doghouse outside than in that room. And then your mum gets fed up with your tantrum and says 'get over it, it's not going back to the way it was before, it needed a redo'.
1 - you get the impression your mum doesn't care
2 - it infuriates you that your mum would declare the change is going to stay for good
3 - wtf it needed a redo?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
And then everything your mum says to you henceforth will be taken as offensive and insulting. Hell your mum could look at you and you'd have a meltdown. Because, despite it being your mum's house and your mum paying the rent and your mum letting you stay in that room, she has brought unwanted change and you have no say in it.

That's where the 'insults' are coming from. When your mum says you needed blinds as it's a modern update because your old curtains were ragged and worn out, and you thought the ragged and worn out look was cool, you'd take it as an insult.

I'm not going to elaborate on this more than I already have, but hopefully you understand why fans are taking offense to just about anything and everything that NT and Capcom might say.

With that said, I haven't taken offense or found insult. I agree with most of what they've said regarding the fan backlash. They're not a bunch of monsters like the outraged fans are making them out to be. When my kid screams at me that she's leaving because she's mad at me for not bending to her will, I also say 'I don't care'. The fanbase has proven that they can't be reasoned with, that nothing said or done will appease them, so why try?

I think the best thing NT has done is shrug off the drama.

The thing is, it is just a game. Just like a book is just a book, and a TV series is just that. It's something new. Out with the old. Nobody likes letting go, but that's LIFE.

I don't like the new look of Dante. I miss the old mop of silver/white/blonde hair, and the blue eyes, and the red coat. I love love LOVE Dante's character. And yeah, it's disappointing that they've rebooted him because I don't like the WAY they've rebooted HIM. He's not the same character anymore, he's changed too much, too dramatically, it's not the ol' Dante. But do I find NT and Capcom insulting me? Nope. I haven't seen any flaunting curves or damsels in distress, and they haven't said anything that I've found personally offensive. Yes, some of the things they've said is questionable and probably not too smart on their side, but nothing too drastic to affect sales of the game.

With that said, I'm still a fan of Dante's. It's just going to take some adjusting to the new Dante.

I also hope that the fans who DO find insult/offense to the interviews will realise that my comparison with the bedroom scenario is to the A what is happening with them and NT/Capcom. I mean really, it is a GAME. They are the DEVELOPERS. Unless the game totally sucks and you don't enjoy it one bit, then maybe you can find insult in them stating that you 'will like it'. As it is, no one ('cept the lucky **** who got to test the game for bugs) can say that they won't like the game. There's a lot more to it than the appearance of things. Like they say, don't judge a book by its cover - the old Dante might yet be there.

Alright.Your statement answers my question.Thanks :)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I only feel insulted when they say, "DMC fans sent us death threats?"
What? The WHOLE fanbase?! Yeah, cheers for making us all sound like twonks with nothing better to do.
Can't say I'd ever send a death threat... and i wouldn't...even over a game...

Even a couple of months after the whole death-threat thingy came to light, UK magazines are still banging on about it.
TamTam says he's got excellent new stuff to show... but he can't... SHOW IT MAN! Or are you all mouth and no trousers :p

Meg

I don't think they intentionally 'insulted' ever. More rather the things they said were found to be 'insulting'. That lack of care was their mistake and the fact they did not lower themselves to bow down a kiss ass for a simple misunderstanding and proceed as if nothing was said is why everything they say is seen as a reinforcement and confirmation of perceived insults.
I doubt they tried to offend people either. But the point is is that they spoke without thinking and it outraged fans. I simple "we didn't word some things right" would have been amazing, but at this point I don't even care anymore. They can just go and make the best game they can for all I care. :lol:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I doubt they tried to offend people either. But the point is is that they spoke without thinking and it outraged fans. I simple "we didn't word some things right" would have been amazing, but at this point I don't even care anymore. They can just go and make the best game they can for all I care. :lol:

Agreed. Also, when you post a comment, for some reason, I hear Lightning talking :D

Reactions: Meg

Tiran

The great pretender.

Actually, it would not have mattered for the vast majority of those against this game And admitting faults to those who hate you for many other reasons (such as the changes themselves) only gives them more fuel for the hate machine.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
^^ It depends on when they say that because right now it wont make a difference because its too late for most people and its not gonna make a difference, but back around tgs10 it would have work better.

Reactions: Meg

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
On topic: Capcom and NT didn't insult fans.
Those who feel like they were insulted are not true fans then.
144702_OBJECTION.gif
]

Define true fan
because a follower is a follower

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Ok, a true fan of DMC is someone who liked the old games and story.

You cant be a fan of DMC if you dont like either story or games.

If you just like the reboot, than you arent a true fan.

Top Bottom