• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Insults?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm not going to go further into this discussion with you, it went nowhere the last time and it would only fill up this thread with off-topic discussions, so let's just stop here.

I really don't even remember having a conversation or a similar discussion with you...

at least not lately....

But yea, agree to disagree and move on.

Just remember my friendly little warning and try to not throw out condescending posts that demeans people's intelligence and ability to think for themselves.

Its already hostile enough around here and I just don't think it is a right move to try to add to that.

Lets all try to be civil around here shall we?

ReRave

smug jerk
Just remember my friendly little warning and try to not throw out condescending posts that demeans people's intelligence and ability to think for themselves.
Its already hostile enough around here and I just don't think it is a right move to try to add to that.
Just like EventStatus right? The guy who calls people assholes for disagreeing and blaming us for ruining the entertainment business.

ZeroLove

I really don't even remember having a conversation or a similar discussion with you...

at least not lately....

But yea, agree to disagree and move on.

Next time, send me an IM instead.
Edit: Oh, and I meant the last time we got into a discussion, not that it was about this very topic. I'm not going to bother discussing with you in general, no matter the topic.

And that is why i'm asking questions?If i'm an ignorant idiot then those people who feel the same way are also ignorant idiot too?Well that's fantastic.And i did say that i know that this isn't about the hair so that is why i'm asking if this is REALLY the case.

Yeah, I don't know why he would call any of us ignorant, as no one here said it was because of the hair. We all made it pretty clear that it is NOT just about the hair, but that the Ninja Theory guys are using that arguement when talking about the angry fans.

Just like EventStatus right? The guy who calls people assholes for disagreeing and blaming us for ruining the entertainment business.

Wait, this Event guy has said that?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

Did I say that I agree with everything he says?

All I know is that he does make some interesting points regarding certain things that the people on the forum may happen to agree with and decide to post his videos where he is stating those points.

It doesn't mean that they agree with ALL his methods of getting his point across.

The whole point of my post was that we shouldn't be attacking each other because of different opinions nor should be be insulting others intelligence.

Do you agree/disagree?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Yeah, I don't know why he would call any of us ignorant, as no one here said it was because of the hair. We all made it pretty clear that it is NOT just about the hair, but that the Ninja Theory guys are using that arguement when talking about the angry fans.

Or maybe some angry fans are still sending messages to capcom or ninja theory about the hair.....That is why NT guys are using the hair.

ZeroLove

Or maybe some angry fans are still sending messages to capcom or ninja theory about the hair.....That is why NT guys are using the hair.

Yeah, I remember back at the Capcom forums, people always used the hair as an excuse to nag at Ninja Theory. We don't know what people write to NT or Capcom in person, we can only read what people write on the public forums.

ImPoSsSibLe to CaTcH

I am very up to date on any interview, any rant of that black Hitler-guy (EventStatus)and generally anything that Antoniades does between getting up in the morning and going to bed at night.
calling him a Black Hitler is not cool man!
So you know everything about Tameem? Hmm that's... weird.

I honestly can't imagine myself playing a hack 'n slash game while listening to dubstep.
You don't have to.
Yeah but that could still happen. Combichrist is an electronic band and until they release the game one can never know.

New fashion? You mean looking like an emo and smoking cigarettes? Sure, fashion...
Contemporary fashion is gouverned by skeletally thin models in coats, tight jeans and shawls. New Dante looks pretty up-to-date. Note: This is not my opinion. It's that of fashionistas nowadays. Just check any random fashion site or magazine. But I share that opinion.
That's still your opinion. Different parts of the world different tastes.

As for trashing other games: Most good developers don't trash other developers, at least not to such extent. They've trashed the original DMC series (link above),
No. They said old Dante was outdated, which is true to some extent.
The 90's are over. Hell, the 90's were over when DMC1 released.
Yeah but what about D*C and it's 70's? My point is whatever they do D*C will always be at least with one step behind the other DMCs.... even DMC4.

Dante isn't "cool"
I think so, too.
Then DMC ain't for you. If the combat is the heart of every game then Dante is the soul. Without these two DMC is nothing.

they act as if they are "original" while they are actually stealing elements from lots of different games&movies:
Again: Name one game that hasn't got any elements from various other media. It's nigh impossible to create something completely new, nowadays. Positive exception: The Journey
Every game takes something that's true but D*C takes so much that it's starting to get hilarious because it doesn't have anything original of it's own... plus the way they're doing it they're not even trying to cover it up.

ReRave

smug jerk
calling him a Black Hitler is not cool man!
So you know everything about Tameem? Hmm that's... weird.
I call it as I see it.

Yeah but that could still happen. Combichrist is an electronic band and until they release the game one can never know.
So we flail on assumptions now? Ok, this game is going to suck, because it won't be compatible with the PS3-controller or the XBOX hard-drive.
This is ridiculous.
That's still your opinion. Different parts of the world different tastes.
No. Just no. Fashion is fashion. It's not what I like. It's what the masses consider to be in.

Yeah but what about D*C and it's 70's?
-.-
Please, take a look out the window.

My point is whatever they do D*C will always be at least with one step behind the other DMCs.... even DMC4.
Really? Why? How can anything be worse than DMC4?

Then DMC ain't for you. If the combat is the heart of every game then Dante is the soul. Without these two DMC is nothing.
DMC is a game. Not some kind of religion, geez. I don't care about Dante, but the games were nice. There's nothing to your argument here.

Every game takes something that's true but D*C takes so much that it's starting to get hilarious because it doesn't have anything original of it's own... plus the way they're doing it they're not even trying to cover it up.
Let's see... DMC had red coat, white hair, huge sword. Sounds like Inuyasha to me. Half-demon, too, my that's familiar, isn't it? Also, wasn't Dante a blueprint-copy of that one guy from that anime? Cobra? That castle... Didn't it remind you of, I don't know, every other Horror game out there? The mother-plot? The whole thing with revenge (that's invented by ancient Greece, by the way)?
Seriously, what the hell are you even talking about?

DmC: Shifting environment, dualistic world, conflict with ideas (not just plain demons for the sake of evil), contemporary art-style,... <- Looks more interesting to me. How is that not original?

Did I say that I agree with everything he says?
Was that my point?
All I know is that he does make some interesting points regarding certain things that the people on the forum may happen to agree with and decide to post his videos where he is stating those points.
None of his points so far are interesting, realistic or informative. Also, none of them can't be disproved with a little effort of listening and reading stuff up.
It doesn't mean that they agree with ALL his methods of getting his point across.
Neither should they.
The whole point of my post was that we shouldn't be attacking each other because of different opinions nor should be be insulting others intelligence.
EventStatus does that for us already. I do that often, too, but not right now. This won't stop because you want it to, but when all of us finally grow up.
Do you agree/disagree?
With EventStatus? I disagree with everything that comes out of his mouth, because it's twisted and falsified by his own overly loud, opinionated rant.
With you? I don't.

ImPoSsSibLe to CaTcH

Okay, this one pinched me in the eye. If ReRave doesn't think original Dante is cool, then he can't play the games?
I didn't say he can't. What i said was that Dante is a big part of DMC (it's soul to be exact) and if you don't like the main protagonist then maybe you should play a game who's main character fits you tastes.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
With you? I don't.

I meant do you agree that we all should try to keep it civil around here and not attack eachothers opinion or insult fellow forum members intelligence.

Apparently you disagree with that notion...

Sad really...

ZeroLove

I didn't say he can't. What i said was that Dante is a big part of DMC (it's soul to be exact) and if you don't like the main protagonist then maybe you should play a game who's main character fits you tastes.

And who are you to tell people what games are for them and not? Some people just play for the sake of the gameplay and doesn't care about the main character, the storyline and so on. So if someone likes the gameplay and not the rest, it doesn't mean the game isn't for him. You don't have to like everything about a game to play it - also, no one needs the permission from anyone else to play a game.

I don't get your way of thinking.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
^This.
Well i really hate kratos from god of war 2 and 3 but i still play the games because its nice.I'm just saying.
The only kratos that i like is from the original god of war.IDC about chains of olympus and ghost of sparta because it bores the f*ck out of me when i get in the middle of the game.I dunno why.

ReRave

smug jerk
^This.
Well i really hate kratos from god of war 2 and 3 but i still play the games because its nice.I'm just saying.
The only kratos that i like is from the original god of war.IDC about chains of olympus and ghost of sparta because it bores the f*ck out of me when i get in the middle of the game.I dunno why.
That's weird, since Kratos has a very consistant personality thoughout all three of the "big" games. Chains of Olympus is pretty good, too.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
That's weird, since Kratos has a very consistant personality thoughout all three of the "big" games. Chains of Olympus is pretty good, too.
Gamers have different mind set.
Same thing with prototype.I'm liking james heller more than alex mercer even though the majority likes mercer more(Correct me if i'm wrong)lol

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Ok guys, I am going to get us back on topic rather than point out how big an A-hole I think Kratos is

Anyway, yes these insults were accidental subliminal messages to the original fanbase if you ask me, it was a "We don't need you anymore" kind of thing.

Dante47

I'm on the fence here. I honestly enjoy Ninja Theory's take on the series. The soundtrack is excellent, the interesting twist they put on a some-what bland character and the new combos look awesome. Combat, good music, and challenging but stylish gameplay is Devil May Cry. I guess that's my two cents....

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm on the fence here. I honestly enjoy Ninja Theory's take on the series. The soundtrack is excellent, the interesting twist they put on a some-what bland character and the new combos look awesome. Combat, good music, and challenging but stylish gameplay is Devil May Cry. I guess that's my two cents....

You didn't say why you are on the fence.

Well I guess fans are insulted by the reboot in general as it is a sign of capcom not willing to try and fix as they dont think its worth it or fixable.

Dante47

You didn't say why you are on the fence.

Well I guess fans are insulted by the reboot in general as it is a sign of capcom not willing to try and fix as they dont think its worth it or fixable.
Because it has the potential to suck. I'm not sure if it will have an excellent story yet. And I'm not sure it will have good combat. So I'm 50/50 or on the fence. It could be awful with New Dante, revised combat, and setting or these could be used to Ninja Theory's advantage. That's why.

Top Bottom