• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Insults?

True fan is someone who wishes the best for the series thus understanding the move Capcom made.
Continuing the old cannon in such a short time period means creating more plot holes (bad move), rebooting the series and attracting new people while preserving enough time to think well before making another bad continuation to the original series (good move).

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
True fan is someone who wishes the best for the series thus understanding the move Capcom made.
Continuing the old cannon in such a short time period means creating more plot holes (bad move), rebooting the series and attracting new people while preserving enough time to think well before making another bad continuation to the original series (good move).
So just because I am not buying this game means I am not a true fan.
Just because I am not for this game means I do not like the series as a whole, because I don't hate it, I merely dislike it.

So just because I am not buying this game means I am not a true fan.
Just because I am not for this game means I do not like the series as a whole, because I don't hate it, I merely dislike it.
You misunderstood me.
You don't have to buy the game (hate the game if you want, dislike it....whatever), just don't feel insulted by NT or Capcom making this move.
Of course take this lightly as this is just my opinion.

ZeroLove

There's no such thing as a true fan. It's a term used by those who wants to feel superiour to others, to make themselves sound like better persons when in fact it is just rather sad that they feel like doing so.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
The definition of true is not false therefore a "true fan" would be any fan of Devil May Cry (the only thing that could qualify as a false fan would be someone who doesn't like something but is pretending to in order to fit in and Devil May Cry is not populer enough to create a situation like that)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ok, a true fan of DMC is someone who liked the old games and story.

You cant be a fan of DMC if you dont like either story or games.

If you just like the reboot, than you arent a true fan.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!!!! *said with attitude*
I think we should make a poll and have everyone vote the words 'true' and 'fan' in conjunction as troll terminology, add it to the rules of the forum, so the rest of us can hit the report button on posts like yours.,

Okay. On a serious note. You've been part of this forum since 2010, you should know by now that any discussion involving the words 'true fan' turns into WW3. If you feel people who only like the reboot are not true fans, that's your opinion, but don't throw it out on the boards like some n00b who just joined up. Really. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is surprised that you are deliberately trolling. The title of the thread might be a bit misleading but its intention certainly is not for you to come here and throw 'insults' or offensive statements around, k?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
If you feel people who only like the reboot are not true fans, that's your opinion, but don't throw it out on the boards like some n00b who just joined up.

ermm, question.

How come you didn't say this to Subject644?

He also said that people where not true fans if they felt insulted which is a pretty bold and unfounded accusation and yet you agreed with him and scolded Z218.

Subject's definition of a true fans is just as opinionated and brash as Z218 by saying that your not a true fan if you did not understand Capcom's move to go with a reboot which seems ridiculous to me.

Does that mean I'm not a true fan?

I honestly do not think its any of our place to say who is and who is not a true fan.

But I honestly think that Capcom did not need to go the reboot route. They should have focused all their efforts on correcting plotholes and bringing new and refreshing ideas to the original canon instead of just hitting the reboot button and whipping the slate clean. they took the easy/lazy route if you ask me.

But apparently my way of thinking makes me a "non true fan" which I think is BS lol.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Everyone in here is a fan. "True" or not is a debate that only Hipsters would try to lead, so let's just drop. I'm literally feeling ashamed for everyone involved in this.

oh you such a funny guy *sarcasm*

Why the hell did you wait to reply to me?

Did you even read my post?

I said that its none of our place to decide who is and who is not a true fan and yet you decided to reply towards me with defensive post.

I know we are all fans I never said we where not so your post really didn't help or bring much to end this discussion.

Infact you may have just made it worse...

And stop looking down your nose at everyone.

Starting to feel ashamed my ass lol.

ReRave

smug jerk
oh you such a funny guy *sarcasm*
Why the hell did you wait to reply to me?
What? Wait to reply to you? Princess, the world is not circling around you.

Did you even read my post?
No, I just clicked "reply" to annoy you. Duh.

I said that its none of our place to decide who is and who is not a true fan and yet you decided to reply towards me with defensive post.
Defensive? I didn't even understand your point, so I made my own. That's not defensive, that's proactive.

I know we are all fans I never said we where not so your post really didn't help or bring much to end this discussion.
Neither did your answer to it.

In fact you may have just made it worse...
That's your decision. You want a flame-war? I sure don't. It feels like you're trying to stir something, though.

And stop looking down you nose any everyone.
I'm sorry, that I'm not feeling respect towards everyone in here, but you might notice, that IRL also no one feeds you with the silver spoon, anymore.

Starting to feel ashamed my ass lol.
Okay, you Avatar of Maturity.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
"whatever nonsense you where spewing.

Oh please,

Don't expect me to act mature and respectful to you when you yourself was just being a smug jerk "looks at member title" towards me with this part of your quote

"Whatever your blabbering was supposed to convey"

I can be just as much of a ass to you trust me.

Show me respect when posting towards me and you will get the same courtesy.

And back to the topic at hand.

You seem to have a problem with this "who is a "true" fan and who is not" and yet you decided to post towards myself.

When above you actually AGREED with someone who was only adding more to what you see as a "hipster".

THAT is why I wanted to know why you decided to wait to reply to me.

But its obviously because you just wanted to start something with me since as I said before you certainly didn't convey your "point" to Dante's Stalker.

ReRave

smug jerk
Oh please,
Don't expect me to act mature and respectful to you when you yourself was just being a smug jerk "looks at member title" towards me with this part of your quote
"Whatever your blabbering was supposed to convey"
I can be just as much of a ass to you trust me.
Show me respect when posting towards me and you will get the same courtesy.
And back to the topic at hand.
You seem to have a problem with this "who is a "true" fan and who is not" and yet you decided to post towards myself.
When above you actually AGREED with someone who was only adding more to what you see as a "hipster".
THAT is why I wanted to know why you decided to wait to reply to me.
But its obviously because you just wanted to start something with me since as I said before you certainly didn't convey your "point" to Dante's Stalker.

There is no mature way to settle this over the internet, so I'll pull an old time classic bitch move to grapple hook my ass out of this.

"Whatever"

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I already told everyone to take my posts lightly as they are only my opinion.
No need to name the names.
I'm not deciding who is a true fan and who is not, I'm merely giving my perspective of "true fan".

My post really was not "entirely" aimed at you.

It was towards Dante's Stalker and what I see as a "double standard".

Z218 was scolded for saying people where not true fans by Dante's Stalker who basically said that its not right to throw out accusations about "who is and who is not a true fan".

And yet he/she agreed with your post which was just another "who is and who is not a true fan".

I just wanted to know why that just happened...

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
holy bologna this thread is chaos!

well i don't know if this is exactly on topic, but it did catch my eye when i read it:
I only feel insulted when they say, "DMC fans sent us death threats?"
What? The WHOLE fanbase?! Yeah, cheers for making us all sound like twonks with nothing better to do.
Can't say I'd ever send a death threat... and i wouldn't...even over a game...

Even a couple of months after the whole death-threat thingy came to light, UK magazines are still banging on about it.
TamTam says he's got excellent new stuff to show... but he can't... SHOW IT MAN! Or are you all mouth and no trousers :p
so tamtam said they have new things to show on DmC?

My post really was not "entirely" aimed at you.

It was towards Dante's Stalker and what I see as a "double standard".

Z218 was scolded for saying people where not true fans by Dante's Stalker who basically said that its not right to throw out accusations about "who is and who is not a true fan".

And yet he/she agreed with your post which was just another "who is and who is not a true fan".

I just wanted to know why that just happened...
Dante's Stalker obviously agreed to this :
It seems reasonable enough and no one can blame DS for liking this opinion.
It was DS's choice.
Z218 on the other hand was too harsh with his statements IMO.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Dante's Stalker obviously agreed to this :
It seems reasonable enough and no one can blame DS for liking this opinion.
It was DS's choice.
Z218 on the other hand was too harsh with his statements IMO.

I know what DS was agreeing to.

But my problem was not with him agreeing with you, obviously he is allowed to have his own opinion and like whatever he wants.

My problem was with the fact that he seemed to have a problem with Z218 making the 'true fan" type of post on the boards when you yourself did the same thing.

It doesn't matter that Z218 posts is perceived as "to harsh" or your post was "more reasonable".

What matter was that he had a problem with Z218 making that type of post about "true fans" and not you.

I know what DS was agreeing to.

But my problem was not with him agreeing with you, obviously he is allowed to have his own opinion and like whatever he wants.

My problem was with the fact that he seemed to have a problem with Z218 making the 'true fan" type of post on the boards when you yourself did the same thing.

It doesn't matter that Z218 posts is perceived as "to harsh" or your post was "more reasonable".

What matter was that he had a problem with Z218 making that type of post about "true fans" and not you.
His post pointed towards separating the fanbase while mine didn't.

Top Bottom