• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Insults?

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
I feel like what tameem said about DMC dante being not cool anymore is a personal opinion yet people think of it as an insult.

People tend to get insulted by anything these days from my point of view.

And I meant for you to post a link to a actual FORUM instead of a comment page for some article.

I find it the same thing really.... People are posting comments either way, are they not?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I find it the same thing really.... People are posting comments either way, are they not?

I find people tend to post alot of unnecessary BS in places outside of forums like that.

Its kinda like the issue with youtube and comments where people just post random BS in order to get a rise out of people.

I feel a more "controlled" place like a forum is where you will find a better assortment of actual constructive posts.

Not saying that Forums are free of posts like "Oh god a hate this dante because his hair is not white GAWHHH! or "Nt can suck my ballz" and stuff like that, but at least with the forum you have actual moderation lol.

Meg

I honestly cannot believe there needs to be a thread about this. People have said and posted proof time and time again as to how NT/Capcom have insulted fans. I've done it. Other people have done it. Yet every time someone (usually someone excited for DmC) comes along and tells them that the video or link they posted isn't good enough. Or they admit they didn't look at it at all, but still don't get it.

At this point I really hope no one takes the time to explain why they or other people feel insulted because it will most likely be met by people making smug comments disguised as being nice so they won't get in trouble. That's the kind of crap going on lately and it's really tiring. But who am I kidding? I'm just someone that can't take a joke. :shifty:

ZeroLove

Yet every time someone (usually someone excited for DmC) comes along and tells them that the video or link they posted isn't good enough.

Like when Tameem says he didn't make Dante appear like himself, and people don't think that's good enough.
Yeah, I can see how that is annoying indeed.

Just saying, this behaviour comes from both sides.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Well,i guess it depends on the person whether he/she will be insulted or not nor you can take a joke or you can't.

Meg

Just saying, this behaviour comes from both sides.
I have been saying that since the beginning. Just because I don't say it in every post doesn't mean I don't know it and have to be told otherwise. ;)

Well,i guess it depends on the person whether he/she will be insulted or not nor you can take a joke or you can't.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to say. Please clarify. :)

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I have been saying that since the beginning. Just because I don't say it in every post doesn't mean I don't know it and have to be told otherwise. ;)

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to say. Please clarify. :)

It depends on the person whether he/she would be insulted by what alex said because there are people who aren't insulted.Sorry for my bad english and i'm trying my best to correct my grammar.

ZeroLove

Oh, it wasn't meant to be thrown at you like that, sorry. Just wanted to throw it out there in general. ^^

Meg

It depends on the person whether he/she would be insulted by what alex said because there are people who aren't insulted.Sorry for my bad english and i'm trying my best to correct my grammar.
Your English is better than my German. :lol: No worries! ^_^

No really, I'm terrible at German. :( Ich muss Deutsch lernen.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I don't think the "Don't freak out about not seeing white hair the first time you see it" Should be taken as an insult. It sounds more like a subtle hint at the direction of the game. As in: It looks different at first, but things may not be as unfamiliar or different as you think.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Well Tameem said Dante wasn't cool anymore and Alex said don't freak out about the hair.
I think Tameem said he didn't care about all the crazy fanatic comments and.... thats all i can think of right now... sorry no sources... :ermm:

Tiran

The great pretender.
Well Tameem said Dante wasn't cool anymore and Alex said don't freak out about the hair.
I think Tameem said he didn't care about all the crazy fanatic comments and.... thats all i can think of right now... sorry no sources... :ermm:

Tameem never said Dante wasn't cool. He said that the original series based a lot of it's style and presentation on things in popular culture- in movies, anime, etc... That a lot of the things that were new and cool then aren't now. That's true. He made no direct reference to anything specific about the character himself, just the style and presentation of the game as a whole.

Fact is, he's right. When the Matrix came out, it was freaking cool, now, that crap is stale. Sure it's still o.k. in the original Matrix films, but if another one was made now, it'd need to be updated to today's standards. Same goes for music, Elvis as a throwback in the outfits he wore, fine, but if he were still alive do you think he'd be dressed like that in music videos of onstage?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Tameem never said Dante wasn't cool. He said that the original series based a lot of it's style and presentation on things in popular culture- in movies, anime, etc... That a lot of the things that were new and cool then aren't now. That's true. He made no direct reference to anything specific about the character himself, just the style and presentation of the game as a whole.

Fact is, he's right. When the Matrix came out, it was freaking cool, now, that crap is stale. Sure it's still o.k. in the original Matrix films, but if another one was made now, it'd need to be updated to today's standards. Same goes for music, Elvis as a throwback in the outfits he wore, fine, but if he were still alive do you think he'd be dressed like that in music videos of onstage?
Everything u said, i do agree with i just wish i further explained it.......except...
Using Elvis as a reference is not the best reference because anyone who knows Elvis, and a lot more people know Elvis than Dante, the he wears tighing wierd bell bottoms, capes, crazy hair. And that would be the only way people would be able to recognize him. And that is just something only Elvis can do.
Like Michael Jackson. He kept wearin the same gear on stage whenever he did his songs. And people still thought it was cool.
As for the people who dress like Elvis or MJ.... yea definitely not cool.

ReRave

smug jerk
No really, I'm terrible at German. :( Ich muss Deutsch lernen.
Was treibst du dann noch hier? Mach dich an die Arbeit!

To be fair, the exact phrasing was "If Dante walked into a pub as he is right now, he'd be getting laughed at". I can understand, that people would take insult in this, but it's far more mature to simply accept this as on man's opinion and not a direct offense against everybody's tastes. So, yeah, I agree.

Using Elvis as a reference is not the best reference because anyone who knows Elvis, and a lot more people know Elvis than Dante, the he wears tighing wierd bell bottoms, capes, crazy hair. And that would be the only way people would be able to recognize him. And that is just something only Elvis can do.
As for the people who dress like Elvis or MJ.... yea definitely not cool.
Actually I think that example fits perfectly. Dante is outdated. That Capcom itself thinks so, should be reason enough for a reboot.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Capcom is originally from japan and capcom is full of japanese.If those japanese people thinks that dante's original look or i should say more anime look,then we have no choice but to accept izaya or neoDante.

ReRave

smug jerk
Capcom is originally from japan and capcom is full of japanese.If those japanese people thinks that dante's original look or i should say more anime look,then we have no choice but to accept izaya or neoDante.
Weird thing is though, that I have heard, the japanese fans are ten times angrier about this than the worst of us over here.

Top Bottom