• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Insults?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Okay,entertain me and make me understand.
How exactly did capcom and ninja theory insulted the fans?
Because of how many of the fans are like raging bull because of the hair?
Well it is truly laughable.
I also know that this is not just the hair,but majority of fans in the internet still talks about the hair and the looks.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Okay,entertain me and make me understand.
How exactly did capcom and ninja theory insulted the fans?
Because of how many of the fans are like raging bull because of the hair?
Well it is truly laughable.

I really have no clue myself. This is an excellent question! I'm curious as well.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
A flame war?
It will got locked if people got into a flame war.
But yeah i'm so curious how is it an insult....

ZeroLove

I know that many fans think it is insulting that they changed what they did. Not just the hair, but the setting, Dante as a character, the weapons and such. That instead of following up on the original series, leaving so many unanswered questions and plotholes behind, Capcom decided to make a do-over.

I also know that there are fans who find it insulting that Capcom and Ninja Theory haven't been very empathic with the fans and have instead just said "When the game is out, the fans will like it".

I generally believe that it is lack of communication that is behind this. Haters are gonna hate, no one can change that, but maybe there wouldn't be so many haters if Capcom had made it clear from the start why they are doing this. If Capcom have said something like "We wish to make a Devil May Cry reboot which appeals to more western gamers, because we feel like we need to expand the fanbase and we do not believe this is possible with the current series." or whatever their reason for making this new Devil May Cry is. If they had done so, then the fans would have something to relate to, instead of just feeling left behind.

The fans of the original series have been neglected, there is no denying that, and it has resulted in the fact that there are so many angry fans who will find any excuse to throw hate at them. The overall message given to them is "This is our franchise, we can do with it what we like and you have no saying in this.", and if you are a very dedicated fan to the original series, then you do not wish to hear that your dedication is worth zero! It's like suddenly realising that the one you love don't care about you one bit. It has made the fans bitter and emotional and that means they will easily feel insulted about the smallest, insignificant things, because to them it IS significant and definately not small.

That's the impression I've gotten at least.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
A flame war?
It will got locked if people got into a flame war.

Your point?

I know it will get locked...

My point was that judging by your title and your condescending post it will only start arguments and flamewars.

But never mind me, continue on.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
It's just a lame warning for the thread so it won't get locked :D

Lame huh?

real mature, how old are you?

Nah just forget it, hopefully your prove my fears wrong.

But like I said earlier, don't mind me and my "lame warnings" just carry on...

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Lame huh?

real mature, how old are you?

Nah just forget it, hopefully your prove my fears wrong.

But like I said earlier, don't mind me and my "lame warnings" just carry on...

You don't have much sense of humor do you?I'll just assume.
Oh you very serious people.
Well what ever and i don't mind.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
I think some fans find it insulting when Alex mentions the hair as one of the main issues.

Fans of the old series--the ones who were into it on an almost professional level-- didn't care as much for the hair, but a fair amount of fans (read: Facebook commenters) notice Dante's looks first and complain about that.

In short, I don't really think Alex was insulting the fans, but the situation is a bit complex anyway.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
ToCool, you just started a chain of several off-topic post.

Wasn't my intention.....

It just was that he seemed to be confused by the point of my initial post.

His posts afterwards made me want to expand upon my point a bit.

I never meant for it to go on this long lol.

Just wanted to give my thoughts on the what the thread would entail and lead to.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think ZWEI mostly said it.

Im guessing the thread OP wants specifics, so just post a video of an interview wit the NT/Capcom guys where you feel they insulted you.

Please post with proof. If you cant find a video than be specific on what you are talking about.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Not just facebook actually.
Most people from other forums still complains about the hair and looks.
Also the half angel and demon which i agree.But its kinda interesting anyway.

Wasn't my intention.....

It just was that he seemed to be confused by the point of my initial post.

His posts afterwards made me want to expand upon my point a bit.

I never meant for it to go on this long lol.

Just wanted to give my thoughts on the what the thread would entail and lead to.

Actually i'm not confused i'm just messing with you and its a bad habit of mine.
Thanks for the thought anyways.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
*facepalm* Oh god here we go again -_-

Anyway, on topic and replying to Zwei's comment...... I don't blame Capcom and NT expanding the fanbase to others. Because to be honest, I find that there's not much else they can do with the original DMC games. Other than a game of Sparda and Nero (even then a game of Nero's past will seem a bit to short in my opinion). Yeah sure maybe Capcom and NT do something to make the original fans not feel "neglected", however having them acting out like 5 year old children trowing a tantrum won't help. Again, I have noidea about this whole insults ordeal, I just want the game to come out lol

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Not just facebook actually.
Most people from other forums still complains about the hair and looks.

Really?

Show me one or 2 of those supposed "many posts" that should contain only dislike for Dante not having white hair.

You don't have to include the name (just to avoid arguments).

I think your using the term "MOST" people to casually.

Top Bottom