• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Insults?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Zwei summed it up and kenken helped with Alex taking the hair as one of the main issues, thats what annoyed me.

Alex took that way to far, past the point of fans even caring about the hair to the point where its like

"LOL U GUYS R BEING IMMATURE ROFLCOPTER!" (That was the way he would've said it on Facebook)

Tameem actually doesn't seem like a bad person, and Alex really just got a little carried away is all, but in the end, I still felt a bit insulted.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I don't think it was their intention to insult. Things were said during a sensitive time and feelings and opinions were hurt. They also failed at an attempt to explain their perspective and understand the attachment fans have to this character. I mean, seriously, even I didn't realize how Dante fans smile at the thought of him. They are the ones who get offended every time someone takes a shoot at him. Mario jokes can abound, Kratos can be spat at, but mention Dante...?

I, personally don't think of Dante as lame just because of what he wears- I just think he tries too hard to be cool. To the point he doesn't have normal reactions or responses to things he's never seen before. He rubbed me the wrong way in DMC 3 and acted like an immature prick in DMC 4. He was paper thin, in DMC one, to me.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
To go with what tiran was saying, It's ok for Dante to be cool but its more important to balance with depth or interesting characters/motivation/development, which 4 and the anime forgot.

Being cool is not the only thing Dante should be known for.

The only time i felt insulted by capcom was the inclusion of megaman in SF cross Tekken.
the way they included him was made in bad taste.

ReRave

smug jerk
Ich gehe jetzt! :(
That's cute. :)

BTT.: Well, Mr. Jones stepped out of line, some might say, but in the end he just piled all the criticism together. I bet it helps him sleep at night to pretend the hair is the only problem, when in fact he as Capcom's represantative should be well aware of the fact, that there's more to the critics than that.
The hater-mob is a whole other thing.

ZeroLove

That's cute. :)

BTT.: Well, Mr. Jones stepped out of line, some might say, but in the end he just piled all the criticism together. I bet it helps him sleep at night to pretend the hair is the only problem, when in fact he as Capcom's represantative should be well aware of the fact, that there's more to the critics than that.
The hater-mob is a whole other thing.

I guess I'm the only one here who laughed with him.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Alex Jones thoughts on why fans may not accept the reboot at 1:45... He knows it's not about the hair. Look at Tammem's pants and boots.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
You're just acting like an ignorant idiot right now. It's not about the hair, it hasn't been about the hair for over a year!

People are upset because NT are always trashing their fans, they always laugh when they talk about the backlash DmC caused, they trash the original DMC series, as well as some other great game, including Bayonetta, they act as if they are "original" while they are actually stealing elements from lots of different games&movies, they don't know anything about the original DMC series, they say that teenagers are angry at the world, they don't listen to the fans, they ignore good questions in favor of stupid questions, they can't except criticism and many more.

If you want to see my sources, then I will be more than glad to post them, just tell me and I'll post the whole list.

ReRave

smug jerk
You're just acting like an ignorant idiot right now. It's not about the hair, it hasn't been about the hair for over a year!
That's what everyone says.
People are upset because NT are always trashing their fans, they always laugh when they talk about the backlash DmC caused,
Calm down, you're being irrational. NT never once said anything offensive about the fanbase. Shrugging it off is the most grown-up way to handle this kind of ****storm.

they trash the original DMC series, as well as some other great game, including Bayonetta, they act as if they are "original" while they are actually stealing elements from lots of different games&movies,
Name one game that doesn't. What is "trashing" the original series? Capcom is, not NT. DMC was **** before the reboot and you know it. DMC 4 had no flair at all.

they don't know anything about the original DMC series, they say that teenagers are angry at the world, they don't listen to the fans, they ignore good questions in favor of stupid questions, they can't except criticism and many more.
That's maybe because all that valid criticism is washed away by the sheer mass of idiotically angry hate-rants.
See? Now we're both generalizing. Just like NT, when they say teenagers are angry. I was angry at that age. All the time.
The stupid/good questions-deal needs some enlightenment.

If you want to see my sources, then I will be more than glad to post them, just tell me and I'll post the whole list.
Hit me.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
That's what everyone says.

Calm down, you're being irrational. NT never once said anything offensive about the fanbase. Shrugging it off is the most grown-up way to handle this kind of ****storm.

"NT never once said anything offensive about the fanbase"-Watch the videos posted in the end of this post to see how wrong you are.

Name one game that doesn't. What is "trashing" the original series? Capcom is, not NT. DMC was **** before the reboot and you know it. DMC 4 had no flair at all.

Oh, really? http://www.destructoid.com/ninja-theory-old-dante-isn-t-cool-anymore-184600.phtml If that's not trashing the original series, then what the hell is?
"New music, new ways of cinematography, new fashion."
New music? You mean dubstep? I honestly can't imagine myself playing a hack 'n slash game while listening to dubstep.
I can't really judge the cinematography in DmC as the only story trailer around at the moment is the one from '10 TGS, and lots have changed since then.
New fashion? You mean looking like an emo and smoking cigarettes? Sure, fashion...

And DMC4 was a great game in my opinion, the story was great, Nero is a very interesting character, the devil bringer is an interesting feature and the boss fights were great. True, the game was repetitive, I'm not going to say it was not, but it didn't affect the experience too much, they could have take care of this issue in a legit DMC5. But let's not forget that it's just my personal opinion, and as we have different opinion, there really isn't a reason to argue about it.

As for trashing other games: Most good developers don't trash other developers, at least not to such extent. They've trashed the original DMC series (link above), Bayonetta (http://devilmaycry.org/573/ninja-theory-bayonetta.html - note that the creator of Bayonetta is also the creator of the first Devil May Cry game), Naughty Dog (Interesting story right here, first Tameem trashed them then backtracked-http://spong.com/article/22624/Ninja-Theorys-Tameem-Antoniades-Clarifies-Uncharted-2-Comments and then kissed their asses-http://www.strategyinformer.com/new...ghty-dog-best-console-developers-in-the-world)

That's maybe because all that valid criticism is washed away by the sheer mass of idiotically angry hate-rants.
See? Now we're both generalizing. Just like NT, when they say teenagers are angry. I was angry at that age. All the time.
The stupid/good questions-deal needs some enlightenment.

If you were angry at the world when you were younger, then I feel sorry for you, but most teenagers DON'T.
As for the stupid/good questions thing, I'll have to send you to this video:
Then this:
Good questions that were ignored: http://www.capcom-unity.com/devil_m...ant_Gameplay_Questions_to_Ask_in_E3_Interview
Damage control:
(rating and comments have been disabled)

People are upset because NT are always trashing their fans:
See videos posted below.

they always laugh when they talk about the backlash DmC caused:
See interview shown in this video:
they trash the original DMC series, as well as some other great game including Bayonetta :
1.Dante isn't "cool": http://www.destructoid.com/ninja-theory-old-dante-isn-t-cool-anymore-184600.phtml
2. Bayonetta is "too Japanese", "not cool", etc. (http://devilmaycry.org/573/ninja-theory-bayonetta.html - note that the creator of Bayonetta is also the creator of the first Devil May Cry game)
3. Naughty Dog (First, Tameem trashed them then backtracked-http://spong.com/article/22624/Ninja-Theorys-Tameem-Antoniades-Clarifies-Uncharted-2-Comments and then kissed their asses-http://www.strategyinformer.com/new...ghty-dog-best-console-developers-in-the-world)

they act as if they are "original" while they are actually stealing elements from lots of different games&movies:
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO_ORriq0bw
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY2Vqg9Hlvg
4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnMmzREn7bQ

they don't know anything about the original DMC series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO_ORriq0bw - around 2:30

they say that teenagers are angry at the world:
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/101936...lot_like_young_people_today_no_prospects.html

they don't listen to the fans, they ignore good questions in favor of stupid questions and they can't except criticism:
The videos I've mentioned earlier cover that as well.

That took way too much time to write ^.^
Anyway, watch the videos for more info about all the things I've mentioned, and please don't let the fact that he is angry, he's always like that :p . You can see his sources in the description.

P.S.
Let's don't make this argument anything personal, I don't have anything against you :p

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I never heard about this Event guy before, and now he's suddenly everywhere on this forum. Why is his opinion so important to you guys? Form an opinion of your own, then we'll talk.

Have you ever considered the possibility that maybe they agree with him and think he makes good points?

It doesn't mean that they are basing their opinions off of his or not "forming their own opinion".

It means that they simply agree with the guy and his points.

lighten up.

ReRave

smug jerk
"NT never once said anything offensive about the fanbase"-Watch the videos posted in the end of this post to see how wrong you are.
I'm not. I am very up to date on any interview, any rant of that black Hitler-guy (EventStatus) and generally anything that Antoniades does between getting up in the morning and going to bed at night.

"New music, new ways of cinematography, new fashion."
New music? You mean dubstep?
You're being unreasonable again. Antichrist is not dubstep. It's like you never watched "The Fight".

I honestly can't imagine myself playing a hack 'n slash game while listening to dubstep.
You don't have to.

New fashion? You mean looking like an emo and smoking cigarettes? Sure, fashion...
Contemporary fashion is gouverned by skeletally thin models in coats, tight jeans and shawls. New Dante looks pretty up-to-date. Note: This is not my opinion. It's that of fashionistas nowadays. Just check any random fashion site or magazine. But I share that opinion.

And DMC4 was a great game in my opinion, the story was great, Nero is a very interesting character, the devil bringer is an interesting feature and the boss fights were great. True, the game was repetitive, I'm not going to say it was not, but it didn't affect the experience too much, they could have take care of this issue in a legit DMC5. But let's not forget that it's just my personal opinion, and as we have different opinion, there really isn't a reason to argue about it.
Okay. I can't really emphasize with you, but okay.

As for trashing other games: Most good developers don't trash other developers, at least not to such extent. They've trashed the original DMC series (link above),
No. They said old Dante was outdated, which is true to some extent.
The 90's are over. Hell, the 90's were over when DMC1 released.

Bayonetta - note that the creator of Bayonetta is also the creator of the first Devil May Cry game), Naughty Dog (Interesting story right here, first Tameem trashed them then backtracked-and then kissed their asses-
Antoniades specifically said that Naughty Dogs time-management regarding their animations was in-efficient. I'm sorry, but that's hardly trashing, that's professional criticism. EventStatus blew that up.

If you were angry at the world when you were younger, then I feel sorry for you, but most teenagers DON'T.
Actually, statistics say that most are. It's only normal to get all "No-one-loves-me", when your testosterone starts spiking.

As for the stupid/good questions thing, I'll have to send you to this video:
Good questions that were ignored:
Damage control: (rating and comments have been disabled)
I don't see anything bad in any of this. Damage control is the only logical step, don't you think?
With a crowd of people that simply doesn't want to like your product, you might want to shut them down, because, you know, bad reputation.

People are upset because NT are always trashing their fans:

they always laugh when they talk about the backlash DmC caused:
What would you do, other than shrug it off? Cry? I don't see what you epect of them.

they trash the original DMC series, as well as some other great game including Bayonetta :
Bayonetta is a great game, but nothing more.

1.Dante isn't "cool"
I think so, too.

2. Bayonetta is "too Japanese", "not cool", etc. note that the creator of Bayonetta is also the creator of the first Devil May Cry game)
I know that. I also don't like Bayonetta's cheesiness. I am not alone, just like you're not alone with disagreeing.
This will never end.

they act as if they are "original" while they are actually stealing elements from lots of different games&movies:
Again: Name one game that hasn't got any elements from various other media. It's nigh impossible to create something completely new, nowadays. Positive exception: The Journey.

they don't know anything about the original DMC series:
Well, they didn't present themselves well there, yes.

That took way too much time to write ^.^
Well thanks for the effort, but most of it is plain stupid. How would one get so fed up over this?
This is virtually nothing. The best example for blowing things out of proportion is EventStatus, that one lunatic that you take as a valid source of information. He spreads misguiding information and intentionally misreads interviews/articles. Hardly more than opinionated rants.

Anyway, watch the videos for more info about all the things I've mentioned, and please don't let the fact that he is angry, he's always like that :p .
I know, I saw them all and I argumented against a few of them.

You can see his sources in the description.
They are without exception irrelevant.

P.S.
Let's don't make this argument anything personal, I don't have anything against you :p
It's cool, there's no point in blowing this up. I don't have anything against NT or Capcom, I look forward to the game and I am generally very content with the new direction, though that is mostly because I am a huge anime/manga/japanese culture-hater.
So, I hope you take no offense in any of this and I'd like you to forgive me for answering in this way, not in a more structured fashion.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!

It appears as if we're never going to reach an agreement.
I'd like to stop this argument here and now, mainly because we think differently and share different opinions on NT&Capcom's actions, but also because I'm too lazy to keep it going.

However, I will say this:
You shouldn't damage control when it comes to marketing, you're supposed to give people what they want, that's what you're getting paid for. And I know you are going to buy this game and many others are going to buy it, too, but if you take a look at the DmC related videos (and not just EventStatus'), you will see that most people don't like the game and the direction in which NT is heading with the series. I think we can both agree that their PR is really bad and that this game isn't going to sell too well and will fail badly to reach their goal of about 5 million units-sold. I do not claim that the game is bad, it's just that the PR is so bad that most people won't buy the game anytime soon.

Oh, and Event is no "black Hitler-guy", he's just delivering you the news of the gaming industry, that's all there is to it. Yes, he isn't always 100% accurate, but he's been right in all of his predictions so far, the dude knows what's going on in the market.

ReRave

smug jerk
It appears as if we're never going to reach an agreement.
I'd like to stop this argument here and now, mainly because we think differently and share different opinions on NT&Capcom's actions, but also because I'm too lazy to keep it going.
Yes, that's pretty much, what I feel too. It's getting pretty late over here.

However, I will say this:
You shouldn't damage control when it comes to marketing, you're supposed to give people what they want, that's what you're getting paid for.
They are getting paid by Capcom to do what they are doing right now. No one likes it. So you shut up. That's Damage Control, which is a very valid marketing move. I study marketing and sales. :p

And I know you are going to buy this game and many others are going to buy it, too, but if you take a look at the DmC related videos (and not just EventStatus'), you will see that most people don't like the game and the direction in which NT is heading with the series.
Yes, but it's none of my concern.

I think we can both agree that their PR is really bad and that this game isn't going to sell too well and will fail badly to reach their goal of about 5 million units-sold.
I actually can't agree. They are not doing anything bad. They're just not doing anything smart either.

Oh, and Event is no "black Hitler-guy", he's just delivering you the news of the gaming industry, that's all there is to it. Yes, he isn't always 100% accurate, but he's been right in all of his predictions so far, the dude knows what's going on in the market.
Funny, because he has no idea of tech or software buisiness, which is painfully obvious, if you understand something of it yourself.

ZeroLove

Have you ever considered the possibility that maybe they agree with him and think he makes good points?

It doesn't mean that they are basing their opinions off of his or not "forming their own opinion".

It means that they simply agree with the guy and his points.

lighten up.

Then they should be able to put forth their opinion themselves instead of posting some random youtube dude yelling about something.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"

And that is why i'm asking questions?If i'm an ignorant idiot then those people who feel the same way are also ignorant idiot too?Well that's fantastic.And i did say that i know that this isn't about the hair so that is why i'm asking if this is REALLY the case.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Then they should be able to put forth their opinion themselves instead of posting some random youtube dude yelling about something.

From what I have seen they have.

They give their opinion and decide to show a video that expresses the opinions they already had.

So in no way are they "blind sheep" or they can't "form their own opinion".

By you saying that your basically insulting their intelligence in a major way which only makes things much more hostile around here.

ZeroLove

From what I have seen they have.

They give their opinion and decide to show a video that expresses the opinions they already had.

So in no way are they "blind sheep" or they can't "form their own opinion".

By you saying that your basically insulting their intelligence in a major way which only makes things much more hostile around here.

I'm not going to go further into this discussion with you, it went nowhere the last time and it would only fill up this thread with off-topic discussions, so let's just stop here.

Top Bottom