• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Okay, we have established that Dante's summoned swords are objectively not useless.

And I sorta wish that Vergil got a unique sword, instead of still being stuck with Yamato.

Isn't Yamato his sword, though? And honestly I like the fact that he is using simple katana that only later turns out to be awesome, instead of some obviously over-the-top crap... granted, over-the-top designs are fine, it is that kind of a game, but such things fit Dante's personality much better than Vergil's.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Absent nova I really wanted that back since 4 , in the opening sequence of DMC4 Nero does it in a cutscene

But unfortunately he didn't get it either which sucks

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I didn't want to post a whole new thread for this, so...

All Xbox-1 users! Is anyone else having trouble performing Drive/Overdrive with Dante? I've played DMC4 on PS3 and X-1, and both times, the command for Drive/Overdrive was the same; simple. It has always been one of my bread n' butter moves. Now that I'm trying to perform it in DMC5, it involves a lot more work. I haven't even managed to pull it off once. Am I doomed to fight with it, or is there an easier way to get Dante to perform the attack in question?

tehrugger

Banned
Isn't Yamato his sword, though? And honestly I like the fact that he is using simple katana that only later turns out to be awesome, instead of some obviously over-the-top crap... granted, over-the-top designs are fine, it is that kind of a game, but such things fit Dante's personality much better than Vergil's.

Sparda had Devil Sword Sparda, Dante has Devil Sword Dante, and Nero has a custom sword he built himself. While Vergil is stuck with some hand-me-down katana. No Devil Sword Vergil. If I was Vergil, I'd think it's unfair.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
While Vergil is stuck with some hand-me-down katana. No Demon Sword Vergil. If I was Vergil, I'd think it's unfair.

You're massively downplaying Yamato. It's already one of the most powerful weapons in the DMC universe. If not THE most powerful. Vergil knows it and has mastered it to the point of being the only one able to use it properly so I don't see how on Earth could he ever think it's unfair when he has such a powerful sword for himself.

It's also beyond belief to me that you even compared Red Queen to Yamato. The former can't hold a candle to the latter, as a human made sword.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Red queen isn't a devil arm , it's only power is it's exceed ability

It's not in the same league as dsd or yamato

I would love to know what devil sword Dante's full powers are lore wise

Gameplay wise aside

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Got the Joke Ending for the trophy. I love it when games do that sorta thing. :happy:

My favourite was in "Zero Time Dilemma" when the game opens up and Zero offers the captured heroes a choice, lose a coin toss and you have to go through a series of puzzle rooms designed to kill you, win the coin toss he'll just let you go. If you do win the toss, the game just cuts to the heroes walking out of the detainment facility free and the credits just roll. :laugh:

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Sparda had Devil Sword Sparda, Dante has Devil Sword Dante, and Nero has a custom sword he built himself. While Vergil is stuck with some hand-me-down katana. No Devil Sword Vergil. If I was Vergil, I'd think it's unfair.

...you do know that sword has purpose beyong just looking cool, right? Sorry if I'm being an ass, but Red Queen - as awesome as it is - is merely an extensively customized Order of the Sword sword. While it speaks well of Nero's own abilities outside the whole "killing demons" schtick, it is nowhere near enough to put it at the same level as Yamato.

Absent nova I really wanted that back since 4 , in the opening sequence of DMC4 Nero does it in a cutscene

But unfortunately he didn't get it either which sucks

Am I misremembering things, or he could do it in game as well?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Unfair for having one of the most powerful weapons in the series?

Goldsickle

You are taken to a loading screen that is loading a cutscene, which you skip and you are taken to another loading screen before the main mission screen...

Retrying a mission has never been so painful.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Yamato is vergil signature weapon is what make him vergil, it would not been vergil whitout Yamato as dante is not dante whit ebony and ivory, vergil is my favorite character not only because I like how he is but because I like how he use Yamato whit the laido style... The fact he use a katana whit such a precision and calm is what make vergil so unique compared to other character in videogame

Top Bottom