• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Can someone help me with this? I was checking the cutscene in dmc 5 and realize That in mission 7 there are two cutscene I m missing cutscenes 4, I played the mission whit v and nero multiple time but still didn't manage to get this cutscene did someone have it

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Stylish Nero
I just thought it would open more doors for the series and Nero/Vergil. I wanted her to be retroactively be an inspiration for V. As some of his choices should be habits she tried to instill in Vergil.

Goldsickle

Do you guys like how V's summons appear in real-time and can fight independently, when compared to how Bayonetta's summons are scripted enemy finishers?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I don't know about any lists for stuff stylish Nero , just stuff I found myself

And I am gona be making a JC and non JC tips tricks and stragies guide for all 3 players , all breakers all devil arms etc for every enemy , mini boss and boss in DMC5

Once I finish 3 and 4's ones and start DMC1 and 2's ones and one for DmC

Again for JC and non JC tactics for players of all levels

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Do you guys like how V's summons appear in real-time and can fight independently, when compared to how Bayonetta's summons are scripted enemy finishers?

Well that's like asking if I prefer playing over not playing. Of course I like to control the summons. It's always more fun and satisfying when it's you pulling something cool off instead of just watching it happen.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
V actually has quite a few aerials possible , which is especially cool if you jump on phantoms shoulder

It is a cool transition back to the old style system as shadow and griffons attacks are heavier and slower than Dante and Nero's

It's not just DMC1 bosses back , it's a part of its combat too

Goldsickle

Well that's like asking if I prefer playing over not playing. Of course I like to control the summons. It's always more fun and satisfying when it's you pulling something cool off instead of just watching it happen.
Now that V is gone, will his gimmick carry over to a new character?

Like instead of Griffon, Shadow & Nightmare, either they use different enemies (like a character who controls all the Marionette types from DMC1) or brand new summons created just for the new summoner.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Like instead of Griffon, Shadow & Nightmare, either they use different enemies (like a character who controls all the Marionette types from DMC1) or brand new summons created just for the new summoner.
I can see a different character taking over the summoner role with new summons.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
@Stylish Nero
I just thought it would open more doors for the series and Nero/Vergil. I wanted her to be retroactively be an inspiration for V. As some of his choices should be habits she tried to instill in Vergil.

That wouldn't be a bad idea but DMC5 already established most of V's characteristics came from Vergil when he was a kid.

V actually has quite a few aerials possible , which is especially cool if you jump on phantoms shoulder

It is a cool transition back to the old style system as shadow and griffons attacks are heavier and slower than Dante and Nero's

It's not just DMC1 bosses back , it's a part of its combat too

You mean Nightmare not Phantom.

Also someone finally made a genuinely impressive (while a bit repetive) V combo vid.

I did not know canceling Shadow's Hedgehog skill with a dodge the spikes will still continue.

There are some impressive stuff in this video that I did not consider like entering DT to summon Nightmare causes knockback or Jump Canceling Gambit. However, I feel V's combat shines in the main game/BP and not so much in the Void. V is meant for crowds of enemies and Nightmare's various summoning conditions only happen outside of the Void.

Goldsickle

I can see a different character taking over the summoner role with new summons.
I'd like a "summoner character" to actually have proper melee attacks to mix up with their summons.

About the Marionette I mentioned, I randomly thought of a "puppeteer" character where the "Style" button is used for Marionette attacks and clicking on the D-Pad allows you to change between dagger, crescent blade or shotgun variants.
Devil Trigger probably transforms your Marionette into a Fetish.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

They can still have those 3 since the one's V has are just manifestations of Vergil's negative thoughts and memories. Copies of the originals. Shadow is a species and not one demon, Nightmare is an artificially made bio weapon, and Griffon can also be its own species or part of a tribe like Cerberus.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
That wouldn't be a bad idea but DMC5 already established most of V's characteristics came from Vergil when he was a kid.

You mean Nightmare not Phantom.

Also someone finally made a genuinely impressive (while a bit repetive) V combo vid.

I did not know canceling Shadow's Hedgehog skill with a dodge the spikes will still continue.

There are some impressive stuff in this video that I did not consider like entering DT to summon Nightmare causes knockback or Jump Canceling Gambit. However, I feel V's combat shines in the main game/BP and not so much in the Void. V is meant for crowds of enemies and Nightmare's various summoning conditions only happen outside of the Void.

I noticed the combo potential when doing run through of V's BP and replaying some of his missions. If we do get a devil hunter similar to V, just have him or her fight like Seig from Chaos Legion. Add in more melee attacks for the summoner, and give the person a 4th summon.

Goldsickle

They can still have those 3 since the one's V has are just manifestations of Vergil's negative thoughts and memories. Copies of the originals. Shadow is a species and not one demon, Nightmare is an artificially made bio weapon, and Griffon can also be its own species or part of a tribe like Cerberus.
To save time and money, they can recycle the animations and models and carry them over a new character but to me, it would feel cheap.
Like, hey this new character just happen to have a Griffon, Shadow and Nightmare as well....

At the very most, I'd recycle Shadow but Griffon and Nightmare probably should be replaced with something else.

As I mentioned in another post, I think the summoner themselves also should have their own decent combo or moves to knock down or launch enemies.
V's excuse is that he's too frail for a lot of the action but what's the excuse for the newer character?
They're frail too?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
They could just have a demon Hunter who fights with melee weaponry and guns , but instead of a devil trigger thy can conjure lesser demons to fight for them and one boss like demon to fight for em

Top Bottom