• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

DarkSlayer54

King Cerberus on DMD was giving me a hard time, until I found this cheat code called Royal Guard.
I was getting free DT energy by pressing Circle "at the right time".
I wonder how many other players are exploiting this cheat =0

I really hope they don't nerf it. I literally won't update if they do...

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
So happy that if you charge devil sword Dante and then swap to rebellion you get to keep the spectral swords to boost attacks

Nice treat for those who don't like dsd aesthetically

Taramafor

I just trickster Ceberus. It's easy. And earns more bragging rights then royal guard. Time jumps and air hikes on electric and ice (You HAVE to keep moving with ice). Look out for charge attacks when he's on fire. When he talks get FAR away because he's going to change forms and explode. Teleporting right in his face and airhiking away after he charges helps too.

Basically hit and run. Don't stay close.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Glad you guys finally got back on track. I just had to read two pages of nothing but the idea of a DMC 1 remake. If something else is starting to take over a topic and isn’t related to the current topic then please by all means go and make a separate thread for it and discuss it there.

Cheers.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
13:00 - 13:22
The way this guy bullies Fury around with the Cut In moves is inspiring. Makes sense too, it's a dodge and an attack at the same time, the Fury has little health and shotgun blasts at point blank do good damage.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Even the developers?
Capcom and Kamiya are the developers. Yeah, I've thought about going back and changing or 'improving' something I made but the people who made the game aren't just Kamiya or Capcom. Those people, the ones that made the game what it was, all scattered all over the place and one or two have passed away. Besides, look at the work Itsuno and Kamiya have made. DMC1 is nothing like those games they made after it. There is no wooohoooo or cartoonish apparitions in DMC1. Compared to DMC3 to 5, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, W101 and Bayonetta DMC1 is a serious game with a serious tone. There is no rocket riding or flattening the lead like a looney tunes character. The game would be changed to its very fundamental elements, they'll probably want to update it, replace the voice characters, change the combos to the ones in 3 to 5, add styles and so on, to basically be a copy of those games. To hell with that. You already have 3 of those games and DMC1 happens to be my favorite game of the franchise and of all time and I will defend it and what makes it what it is and to change it in some attempt to make it 'fit' with the rest of the series, which is exactly what would happen if they tried to remake it, would tossing everything that made it what it is in the fire. Everything that makes it unique and memorable would be gone and replaced with what's popular. Fanfreakingtastic. While we're at it let's remake other classics to be more in like with what's trending, like changing the original Jurassic Park to fit in tone with the modern ones, I'm sure Spielberg's involvement will make it all ok.

If you want to remake something how about remaking 2 instead of trying to change 1 to be more of 3-5. I loved every Kamiya game and I loved Bayonetta but those games are not like DMC1 and 1 wouldn't be what it is anymore if you started to take out even the things people find to be bad and I know a lot of people want the remake precisely because they want 1 to be like 3-5 and try to argue that that would be a good thing. No it wouldn't, any more than that hypothetical JP remake would be a good thing. So, I reinstate: EVERYONE needs to leave that game alone. If you want to improve it fix the issues with the HD version.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
We are speaking about a visual only update and maybe a few new rooms or corridors in the castle

Keep the tone the music the story and dialogue

And the whole game identical besides

That is only going to compliment the original and spruce it up

The combat is good enough it doesn't need styles etc , all it needs is 60fps and maybe a turbo mode

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@berto
There is SO much to disagree about in that whole post but

Glad you guys finally got back on track. I just had to read two pages of nothing but the idea of a DMC 1 remake. If something else is starting to take over a topic and isn’t related to the current topic then please by all means go and make a separate thread for it and discuss it there.

Cheers.

Don't talk about it here, LOD is right.

berto

I Saw the Devil
We are speaking about a visual only update and maybe a few new rooms or corridors in the castle

Keep the tone the music the story and dialogue

And the whole game identical besides

That is only going to compliment the original and spruce it up

The combat is good enough it doesn't need styles etc , all it needs is 60fps and maybe a turbo mode
I know I'm really side tracking this but indulge me just a bit.

While a graphical update, ala Shadow of the Colossus, would be my ideal take, and for others here, too, it looks like, that would never be the case. Capcom is always looking at the large sales big picture. Look at the production of REmake 2. They could've taken the path of the original REmake and simply upgrade the technology, graphics and added a few details like rooms, dialogue and creatures and with the technology of today making a similar production would be a much simpler matter than it was in 2001 when they did it for the gamecube and everyone would've been ecstatic about it, fixed camera and all. Instead they went for the full blown restructuring of the very fundamentals of the game (If you talk to the fans of the franchise they'll tell you how the game doesn't follow the franchises canon and changes dates and stuff but that's neither here nor there). RE2 and its remake are two very different games and while you can argue if that's a good or bad thing the point is that Capcom doesn't upgrade, they rerelease or rebuild.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I think it would be so epic if you could have a spectral Dt do a buster and Nero do a buster, when using the dual snatch/grab

Such a missed opportunity

Goldsickle

Those people, the ones that made the game what it was, all scattered all over the place and one or two have passed away.
And you don't need the whole team.

Coincidentally, Kamiya and Sugimura were also involved in RE2 and they weren't present when that game was remade.
And it's common knowledge how well-received the remake is.
You don't need the exact same director or producer from 10-20 years ago.
Yasuhiro Anpo was a programmer then but was promoted to director over the years and went back to direct the RE2 remake.
Yoshiaki Hirabayashi wasn't even around in 1998 but worked his way up from being a motion capture engineer in REmake to becoming producers for multiple RE titles, including the RE2 remake.

The RE2 remake changed the "fundamental elements" and people loved it.
RE2 fanboys said the same thing over the years:

"Don't touch my beloved classic"

"Don't you dare step on my nostalgia"

"Don't turn RE2 into another soulless over-the-shoulder action game that's over-saturating the market"

But the game got released and it's well-received commercially and critically.
It's all just hating change for the sake of hating change until it happens.
You don't have to like change but demanding that "everyone" needs to leave the game alone is, for the lack of a better word, closed minded.

On topic, I accidentally got an S rank fighting Urizen in the "Brothers" chapter, on DMD.
I got super lucky, where I got Urizen to kneel twice in a row.
He was on his knees, prompting me to pull off some Devil-Triggered Real Impacts.
And then he kneels again without moving, giving me more Real Impact opportunities.
He hasn't Devil Triggered yet, so he took a lot of damage that his health bar is already small during his last phase, allowing me to finish him off with a Judgement.

I have no clue how to recreate the situation where Urizen kneels twice.

Goldsickle

I also "accidentally" got No Damage + No Continue against Vergil in chapter 20, on DMD.
Wasn't even trying to go for no damage and I made use of the 3x Exploder + Super Buster combo when Vergil is kneeling.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
13:00 - 13:22
The way this guy bullies Fury around with the Cut In moves is inspiring. Makes sense too, it's a dodge and an attack at the same time, the Fury has little health and shotgun blasts at point blank do good damage.

And you don't need the whole team.

Coincidentally, Kamiya and Sugimura were also involved in RE2 and they weren't present when that game was remade.
And it's common knowledge how well-received the remake is.
You don't need the exact same director or producer from 10-20 years ago.
Yasuhiro Anpo was a programmer then but was promoted to director over the years and went back to direct the RE2 remake.
Yoshiaki Hirabayashi wasn't even around in 1998 but worked his way up from being a motion capture engineer in REmake to becoming producers for multiple RE titles, including the RE2 remake.

The RE2 remake changed the "fundamental elements" and people loved it.
RE2 fanboys said the same thing over the years:

"Don't touch my beloved classic"

"Don't you dare step on my nostalgia"

"Don't turn RE2 into another soulless over-the-shoulder action game that's over-saturating the market"

But the game got released and it's well-received commercially and critically.
It's all just hating change for the sake of hating change until it happens.
You don't have to like change but demanding that "everyone" needs to leave the game alone is, for the lack of a better word, closed minded.

On topic, I accidentally got an S rank fighting Urizen in the "Brothers" chapter, on DMD.
I got super lucky, where I got Urizen to kneel twice in a row.
He was on his knees, prompting me to pull off some Devil-Triggered Real Impacts.
And then he kneels again without moving, giving me more Real Impact opportunities.
He hasn't Devil Triggered yet, so he took a lot of damage that his health bar is already small during his last phase, allowing me to finish him off with a Judgement.

I have no clue how to recreate the situation where Urizen kneels twice.
It happened to me also, you need to attack him continuesly and get enough damage use devil sword dante and swordmaster to gain more damage and jump on top of him every tyme whit the jump button and never fall... He will get on his knees

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
As contradictory as it sounds, I really like Eva's design in this game.

...Trish on the other hand, I just can't take to. :vomit:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Iw3k5A26YYN6U_VA23FRPrqmtJdEsAyYBWTK5Sn_ZO0.jpg

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Trish's face I'm okay with. Her body has a better design compared to 4, and back to how it was supposed to be in 1. 4's design made her look like a character from DOA/Ninja Gaiden. I had a similar problem with Lady's costume in 4 as well.

Anton Clemens

Further to this thread:

It seems to me that Capcom doesn't know what to do with the series. Look at Platinum Games, they always try something new and yet they don't get the same praise and sales. Two million copies. For what? Itsuno is just a craftsman. It's been 18 years but he still can't outshine Kamiya.
Is this series turning into Star Wars and Sonic games because you can't let it go? What if DMC 6 will be the same as 4 and 5? I am concerned that Capcom will get less sales and stop making new sequels.

Top Bottom