• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yep, Lady and Trish are butterfaces. And Nico seems to have a flat chest.

On the off-chance Lucia appears in future DMC5 content, I hope they don't mess her up.

Unless they change her hairstyle, it's easy to cover a messed up face at least.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I dunno about hottest, but actually a lot of people ended up finding her cute.

But looks aside, Nico in general, in terms of reception, did a complete 180 turn from pre-release. Those trailers didn't do her justice at all, people went from hating her to loving her as soon as the full game came out. LOL
Personally, I could never take to her. The combination of ridiculous accent, juvenile humour and just generally not feeling like she meshed well with Nero irked me from start to finish. Ironically the only particular scene I liked of Nico is where she's with Dante as their personalities felt like they complemented each other, plus they have more of a shared history. I'd much prefer if she teamed up with Dante instead. :cool:

I will say, the one thing she (and V & Morrison) has going for her is that being original to DMC5, her face looks the most natural of all the ladies in the game.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It's due to her looking so natural and almost identical to her real life model is the reason I think she looks the best

I would prefer she became Dante's gunsmith and partner too

berto

I Saw the Devil
twiit.png

tenor.gif

DarkSlayer54

Kamiya and itsuno need to remake DMC1 together

I definitely would love to see that. Kamiya would bring his plane sections, and Itsuno would require you to input a 10-button combination to get it to lift off.

I'm joking of course, but I think they could make one hell of a solid game, even if it doesn't meet my tastes.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well kamiya could keep it authentic to the original

Itsuno could add a few parts in here and there , maybe new levels in the castle and an extra boss or 2

Make it 60 FPS and keep the original weapons and combat

Add new enemy types

And just use re2 engine graphics and transfer the music and dialogue etc over and have motion capture and va lip sync to it

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
EVERYONE needs to leave DMC1 alone. If it's anything but a graphical update like Shadow of the Colossus I don't want to hear it.
I honestly feel the same. I feel like going back and making DMC1 more like how the series is from 3 onward would make it lose part of what makes me like it so much.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That's why I said keep the combat and everything the same

But a few extra rooms in the castle or a lever or two and some bosses added in

Won't tarnish it

A graphical update and a frame rate update with some extra bits like a special edition would be epic for 1

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
A remake of DMC1 is pretty pointless imo.

One one hand, if they DO make one and update it to play more like its sequels, it's not like that would erase the old DMC1 from the purists's library. So if y'all want the original DMC1 experience you can still fire that one up, that complaint makes no sense to me.
But on the other hand, if they remake the whole of DMC1 with RE Engine graphics and updated combat then they might as well just make DMC6 instead.

So I say no to any kind of rerelease, even for badly aged games like DMC1. I don't want DMC to become like RE where they seem to focus more on remakes (what with RE1HD, RE2R and the rumors of a RE3 remake in the works as well) than actual new games. The franchise has just been revived successfully, let it go forward, not be stuck in the past.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I will never understand this complaint of "DON'T LET THEM TOUCH MY DMC1 IT'S MY BABY". Guys, the original is still there. If a remake of it ****es you off that badly, just play the original one. When games get remade I often play the original more anyway.

And I, for one, would be ecstatic for a DMC1 remake.

Goldsickle

EVERYONE needs to leave DMC1 alone.
Even the developers?

You know that feeling when you create something, whether a drawing, comic or game and you look back at your work over a decade later and think "I wish I could have made it better"?

Sometimes, a full ground-up remake happens because the creators or remnant staff members wanted to implement things they couldn't when they were less experienced and lacking the necessary hardware.
That's what Yasuhiro Anpo said when talking about RE2 back in 1998 and it's possible what he wanted to do back then might have been implemented in the 2019 remake (although what he wanted wasn't specified).

It's not just something fans want but maybe something the developers want to experiment with.
If the developers feel like revisiting and updating their own works, then let them be.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
They could give it the treatment that the coalition gave gears.of war Ultimate

Graphics upgrade
Cutscenes upgrade
Frame rate improvement
A small few Extra levels

That will not do any damage to the game and the og

All it will do is compliment it

DarkSlayer54

I absolutely love DMC1... Beat it dozens of times on the PS2, beat it a dozen times on the PS3, and maybe a dozen times on the PC?

Favourite video game of all time... But I want to see it evolve from what it was. I can always go back to it, and new graphics / polished controls wouldn't improve it enough for my taste. I want a new experience with the same "feel" as DMC1.

Goldsickle

King Cerberus on DMD was giving me a hard time, until I found this cheat code called Royal Guard.
I was getting free DT energy by pressing Circle "at the right time".
I wonder how many other players are exploiting this cheat =0

Top Bottom