• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
By the way statues are in the works. No info on prices but IMO they look gorgeous.

55547093_2572897446056925_1239380038088916992_n.jpg

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Will be buying those to go with my other ones

Someday I plan to buy a lifesize rebellion made by a black Smith

Unfortunately as I'm so tall I can't get a dante trenchcoat lmao

Also seriously would April first ever just come the hell on , I need bloody palace in my life

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
If you press L1+L2+R1+R2 while selecting dante, you will play with short hair dante from mission 10

berto

I Saw the Devil
Further to this thread:
Bro.
I don't mind that you share your opinion, that's what we're here for, but can you try to be more amicable about it.

It seems to me that Capcom doesn't know what to do with the series. Look at Platinum Games, they always try something new and yet they don't get the same praise and sales.
I've made that same argument countless times. Ask anyone. This, for example is a good way to start, it's something others can debate with you and something you can present as valid criticism and opens up the floor to discussion, but then...

Two million copies. For what? Itsuno is just a craftsman. It's been 18 years but he still can't outshine Kamiya.
See, there are way less combative ways of saying that.

What if DMC 6 will be the same as 4 and 5? I am concerned that Capcom will get less sales and stop making new sequels.
There will be DMC 6. I'm just wondering how many people are going to buy it if it looks just like DMC 5? How many sequels does it take to make people sick of the franchise?
That stings a bit. I'll say more on it later.

To share my frustration.
And that's fine but you are leaving no room for debate or discussion. If you want to vent that's also ok but if you don't start out saying so you are opening up your post for reactions and responses and how you say something matters.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The TGS trailer showed a bit where whoever playing was dodging attacks with Heat Up (at least it looks like Heat Up). I only managed to do that once on accident, anyone here who can do it more or less consistently?

giphy.gif

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Havent tried with heat up, but I can consistently dodge by using the sidesteps in punch mode

I'd imagine with heat up its all down to timing and having the input buffered in ready to go for the next one each mid animation

Goldsickle

This game isn't friendly with trial-and-error.

Dying and/or restarting is very tedious, due to how the loading time and formatting is set up.
The close-up of the character and the option to use Red or Gold Orbs to revive really slows the whole process down, followed by a fancy Game Over screen you can't skip.
When you die in DMC4, the option to continue occurs immediately, since you can skip the Game Over screen and even the option to use a Gold Orb is short.

There are also three loading screens whenever you want to start a mission.

- Loading the cutscene for the chapter.
- Loading the main screen for the chapter (additional loading screens when you enter/exit customization, so Nero players who want to set up Devil Breakers will take longer).
- Loading the actual mission.

If you "retry", you do that all over again.
Remember how in titles like DMC3 or DMC4, when you select the option to start the mission, you almost immediately gain control?

It gets worse when you're playing chapters with different characters you can select.
The loading screens are as follows:

- Loading cutscene intro chapter.
- Loading the character select screen.
- Loading for the main menu screen.
- Loading the mission.

So that's four loading screens for mission 7 & 13, not counting the additional loading times for customization.
Retrying for no damage or S ranks is gonna be a bi***.

It wouldn't be so tedious if the loading screens are short like in the previous titles.
I think the loading times are faster on PS4 Pro, X-Box One X and PC?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
In this episode where they can't quite believe Dante's move set. Especially with Dr.Faust being a gun not a melee haha.

Man it's so entertaining when people freak out over the awesomeness of this game.

Did you watch Maximilian Dood's stream? He legit couldn't deal with all the massive amount of stuff Dante has and broke down in joy a couple times.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Had fun last night taking different screenshots of the final shot of the game using the different costumes. Took one of regular Dante and Vergil, one of EX color Dante and Vergil, one of Regular Vergil and EX color Dante (That one really made them look like older versions of DmC Dante and Vergil), and one of Regular Dante and EX color Vergil.
Also love how the EX colors actually effect Dante and Nero's demon forms. Took me a couple tries, but I got a couple of screenshots of Dante charging at Urizen with the Sparda (Regular and EX color versions).
I also got the super costumes, I'm glad super Dante doesn't have infinite Sin Devil Trigger, that would have been too op. Lol, I still didn't beat Urizen with super Nero though, but I was oh so close. Gonna try again soon though.

Top Bottom