• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Btw did somebody notice that griffon glide is direct adaptation of bird glide from sengoku basara and that Nightmare is slightly similiar ot Yellow Devil from Megaman

Goldsickle

Fury is hard.

Fury is super-easy. Just use Ice Age.

How do you use Ice Age?

Lock-on, back, forward, Sword.

Oh, cute. I have to lock on and press correct directions to an enemy that teleports everywhere.

*DMD spawns a Fury and a flying enemy together, so that the flying enemy will snatch your lock-on cursor.*

*DMD spawns a Fury and three Qlipoth tendrils to further confuse your lock-on.*

F***ing stupid Japanese controls are f***ing stupid. And Japanese.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
For me, Devil May Cry was never the kind of game series that rewards players for doing badly.

Except the fact that you fill your DT gauge for when you take damage in every DMC game so in a way it does reward/help you for being bad. So I can understand the “Emergency Devil Trigger” in DMC 2 based off that principle.

Goldsickle

Except the fact that you fill your DT gauge for when you take damage in every DMC game so in a way it does reward/help you for being bad. So I can understand the “Emergency Devil Trigger” in DMC 2 based off that principle.
Gaining DT from damage is still kinda small when compared to gaining DT from massively damaging the enemy, royal blocks or taunting.
So DT-from-damage is something that happens but not something you can consistently depend on.

But I don't like how Bayonetta does it: you also lose your magic gauge from taking damage, so there's even less chance of "bouncing back" if you're having a bad day and keep getting hit.

Goldsickle

No you don't. Just mash B in Swordmaster with Balrog in Kick Mode or Y in Blow Mode while ignited. Easy af parries.
I managed to parry Proto Angelo with the rapid punches but didn't pull it off again, thinking it was just luck and not 100% reliable.
So the rapid punches is something you can use to parry all attacks?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I managed to parry Proto Angelo with the rapid punches but didn't pull it off again, thinking it was just luck and not 100% reliable.
So the rapid punches is something you can use to parry all attacks?

Haven't tested them on all attacks. But make sure you got Ignition active cause their hitbox gets bigger.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I can get Ignition active on a Devil Triggered Proto Angelo but not sure about a Fury.

Ignition can be activated in Kick Mode by simply holding down Y for a couple seconds (you don't need to hit anyone either, I do this before every encounter to start the fight already ignited) till you hear Balrog say "Ignite the flames, now!"
It carries over to Blow Mode too.

With a Fury, do that as he spawns or while standing next to him, he won't attack you immediately, he'll teleport away first, giving you enough time.
Though with Fury just mashing B in Swordmaster Kick Mode, even while not ignited, will still parry. Then knock him down and Real Impact his ass.

Last edited:

ShiningTempest

Oh, cute. I have to lock on and press correct directions to an enemy that teleports everywhere.

*DMD spawns a Fury and a flying enemy together, so that the flying enemy will snatch your lock-on cursor.*

*DMD spawns a Fury and three Qlipoth tendrils to further confuse your lock-on.*
This is excellent combat mechanics.
Im having fun figuring out correct spatial orientation to execute the moves properly.
Its a different situation every time I play the game. Meanning the game will have years of replayability and will never get old after thousands of hours.

Goldsickle

Ignition can be activated in Kick Mode by simply holding down Y for a couple seconds (you don't need to hit anyone either, I do this before every encounter to start the fight already ignited) till you hear Balrog say "Ignite the flames, now!"
Didn't know that you could charge Ignition in kick mode.
Was there any side-story, prequel manga/novel or something that explains where Balrog comes from?

I'll probably pool my DT and release the Sin Devil Trigger at the most troublesome parts.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014

With a Fury, do that as he spawns or while standing next to him, he won't attack you immediately, he'll teleport away first, giving you enough time.
Though with Fury just mashing B in Swordmaster Kick Mode, even while not ignited, will still parry.((((( (Then knock him down and Real Impact his ass.)))))

Out of context this reads (and sounds) so very, wrong wrong.

Question, I beat the game on Devil Hunter difficulty and I noticed I'm missing two weapons for Dante. I have the swords, Ebony, Ivory, the shot gun, Lady's bazooka, Dr. Faust, the motorcycle and The nunchukes. So what weapons am I missing?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Didn't know that you could charge Ignition in kick mode.
Was there any side-story, prequel manga/novel or something that explains where Balrog comes from?

I'll probably pool my DT and release the Sin Devil Trigger at the most troublesome parts.
The prequel novel "Before The Nightmare".

Top Bottom