• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Erian1Mortal

Premium
HUGE update on the coop mod!
Nearly all missions seem to be coopable now except a few.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Back on playing game again and well seems still im in good form and started higher difficulty runs :

71137673_3185509558155941_7596876524679069696_o.jpg

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I take little breaks from this game to play other things , but it is a testament to how good it is that each time I go back to it I fall in love with it all over again

If only capcom would do story expansions

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I just checked Capcom's Platinum Titles list. As of September 30th (So more then a month ago) Devil May Cry 5 has sold 2.7 million copies. It's almost sold as many as DMC4 did it's first year (I'm pretty sure it took DMC4 a couple of years to reach 3 million, I swear it was at 2.8 million before DmC came out)

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I just checked Capcom's Platinum Titles list. As of September 30th (So more then a month ago) Devil May Cry 5 has sold 2.7 million copies. It's almost sold as many as DMC4 did it's first year (I'm pretty sure it took DMC4 a couple of years to reach 3 million, I swear it was at 2.8 million before DmC came out)
Dmc 4 reached 2.32 million copies by the end of it's fiscal year, by 2014 he reached 3 million copies but its unknown when the 3 million copies goal was reached

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Dmc 4 reached 2.32 million copies by the end of it's fiscal year, by 2014 he reached 3 million copies but its unknown when the 3 million copies goal was reached
Yup, just checked it out and you're right. So only counting their first years, it's the best selling game of the series. All the more impressive that it's already out sold most of the rest of the series lifetime sales

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Seriously, Capcom? Where the hell are all the costumes?! The fan mods are doing your jobs for you. You better pay them.

berto

I Saw the Devil
See, I like that hair do. It's not perfect but I still think it compliments Cowie's face better than the mess of a mop he has now. The low polygon look leaves something to be desired but overall I like it better than what we have.

Goldsickle

Swordmaster Cavaliere is probably the closest thing the series has for "dial-up" combos, since DMC2.
Alternate between two buttons for varying combos.

It also seems like a carry-over for how Dante can do swap combos with his Devil Arms back in DmC.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
latest

You know, since Dante got his Sin Devil Trigger form in DMC5, I can't take any of the other demon forms seriously. DMC4/DMC5's regular DT, DMC2's Majin Form, the Sparda DT from DMC1, DMC3, and DMC4 (Which use to be my favorite demon form in the series), they all just look so weak in-comparison

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I was watching some Vergil fights and y'all need to see this. There are more stuff I didn't know you could do against Vergil or parry. Look @ 0:36 & 2:53 on the first video! Also, dat Sin DT dodge has huge invincibility frames!

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Finally got an S rank on Missions 10 & Mission 20. The S Rank style point requirements are ridiculous for mission 10. You have got to use Dante's Quadruple S moves to get real high. Luckily, watching those combo vids from Cheeb and XLH helped. I still see no reason to bother with HVN&H and H&H modes. They do nothing for me.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Capcom's Platinum titles list was updated, as of December, Devil May Cry 5 has sold 3.1 million copies, again, it says as of December, so the number may be even higher now. That's amazing, even DMC4 took a few years to reach 3 million

EDIT: Side note, okay I've said for awhile that we didn't know DMC4 or DmC's exact sales because their re-releases weren't on the list. Seems DMC4 special edition finally made the list at 1.4 million. That brings DMC4's total sales up to 4.4 million

Top Bottom