• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I finally managed to no damage Nero's 2nd mission on DMD. I got S ranks for all three sections of that mission too.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I beat Bloody Palace with Dante just 5 minutes ago! I did it in 3:32:06! Got the S Rank and everything. Now the only person to beat it with is Nero. This is going to take some extra effort.

Goldsickle

The S Rank style point requirements are ridiculous for mission 10.
Due to DMC4's backtracking format, players could return to an earlier room and have enemies infinitely respawn to keep killing them for a higher score total (at least that's how I think players got "9999999" on leaderboards).

They kinda did away with the backtracking format and made the level designs more linear (a la DmC), so there's less returning to earlier locations to make enemies respawn.
I feel like it was the wrong time to suddenly implement an "average score" system, where killing random two enemies in your path could drag down your overall score.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
They kinda did away with the backtracking format and made the level designs more linear (a la DmC), so there's less returning to earlier locations to make enemies respawn.

And even then, all Capcom and Ninja Theory did was take from Bayonetta's level design. Bayonetta had backtracking in terms of completing all the verses and Alfhiem challenges. A design choice I still don't like, but was made more bearable in the sequel. Why Itsuno could not use a similar scoring system to DMC3/4 & DmC is beyond me. You pretty much have to ignore certain enemy (if possible) encounters to obtain the best ranks.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Capcom trought some tweet say tha they have some surprise to make when dmc 5 will hit one year anniversary, maybe a dlc or some special edition?

Goldsickle

I confirmed it before when I last installed the game but I need to ask around in case I was imagining things:

Can you keep doing Roulette Spin in DMC5 multiple times in the air without the need to Enemy Step to "refresh" it?

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I confirmed it before when I last installed the game but I need to ask around in case I was imagining things:

Can you keep doing Roulette Spin in DMC5 multiple times in the air without the need to Enemy Step to "refresh" it?
I think you can do it like, 2 or 3 times, with air hike and neros wing jump as well as taunt, that move was never on "cooldown" it's just easier to do multiple times with JC'ing, Calibur on the other hand doesn't work I think.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That depends on what platform you are on vergil95

I'm on xbox , and when you compare stats in games with friends

A lot of games cover the time played ye both have

As does the achievement tracker

Not sure how you would check on ps4 though

Or pc

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
That depends on what platform you are on vergil95

I'm on xbox , and when you compare stats in games with friends

A lot of games cover the time played ye both have

As does the achievement tracker

Not sure how you would check on ps4 though

Or pc
I'm on ps4 and unfortunately i think there is no way to see how many hours I'm into games

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I hope they bring mods to the console version, if they get a special edition for next gen

Like they did for skyrim

Or at least enhancements on next gen

Probably just wishful thinking that won't happen though

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I was going through the Trophies, something I don't normally care about, and noticed I was missing the one for having a maximum Devil Trigger gauge, then I realized I didn't have all the purple orb fragments

So I started to playthrough all of Dante and V's missions in order until I found them all. Not because I cared if I got the trophy, simply because

tenor.gif

Erian1Mortal

Premium
doing some breaker switch setups...
some of this is seriously complicated to pull off (probably partially since it's a mod that works around the base game system), but fun nontheless

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I was thinking lately, how awesome would it be

If the cameo system was tweaked, to allow other players to take control of bosses in your campaign

So it was a pvp boss fight

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
So I finally booted up DMC5 again, and forgot how brutal DMD mode was. Especially with V.

Still disappointed that we could never play as Vergil officially. A real wasted opportunity. I'm sure he'll be playable in an inevitable Special Edition.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
So I finally booted up DMC5 again, and forgot how brutal DMD mode was. Especially with V.

Still disappointed that we could never play as Vergil officially. A real wasted opportunity. I'm sure he'll be playable in an inevitable Special Edition.

For V, I reccomend spamming R2 (or however you customized the William Blake Button) and spam taunt/air taunt in non-locked enemy encounters. It makes things a lot more manageable. I did a couple of V sessions on DMD without dying. Most of his missions I was able to do a no damage run and get high ranks on all of the fights.

Top Bottom