• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
For V, I reccomend spamming R2 (or however you customized the William Blake Button) and spam taunt/air taunt in non-locked enemy encounters. It makes things a lot more manageable. I did a couple of V sessions on DMD without dying. Most of his missions I was able to do a no damage run and get high ranks on all of the fights.
What messes me up are his animals dying so quickly and no way to call the panther towards me when I fly out of the danger.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
What messes me up are his animals dying so quickly and no way to call the panther towards me when I fly out of the danger.

When that happens, hopefully you have some DT on you. Preferably at max or near max. Pull that devil trigger and turn it immediately off. Unless you do need Nightmare for a particular fight; which is most of the time when playing DMD.

It can get you out of jams 85-90% of the time depending on circumstances and luck. Still tedious and annoying. I wish V gotten a couple more melee moves and had Phantom as your fourth summon. I already read Before The Nightmare, so I know why he was not included, but I feel it was wasted potential.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
The day a mod comes out that makes Shadow instantly teleport back to you when he goes too far instead of having that delay or having to wait for the cat to just run back to position will be a good day.
summon and unsummon is already in the table (still a work in progress though)

berto

I Saw the Devil
Is anyone else playing this on a PS4? Because whenever I put my disc in and I get to the store or the main menu or gallery, my PS4 starts having a heart attack. The fans get so loud I literally can't hear anything besides it. It's like a jet engine. This happens with no other game and I've put in some pretty high graphical games with much more demand than this. I've looked it up and it's a very common issue but I've never heard anyone bring it up here.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Is anyone else playing this on a PS4? Because whenever I put my disc in and I get to the store or the main menu or gallery, my PS4 starts having a heart attack. The fans get so loud I literally can't hear anything besides it. It's like a jet engine. This happens with no other game and I've put in some pretty high graphical games with much more demand than this. I've looked it up and it's a very common issue but I've never heard anyone bring it up here.

My PS4 does it sometimes too. It's seems to do that with any RE Engine game. It will do it especially when Mr. X shows up in RE2.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

Could you mention which graphically demanding games you play on it that don't give you this problem?

Also, regular PS4 or Pro?

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
My PS4 does that from time to time but I don't think that it has ever been specifically while playing DMC 5

berto

I Saw the Devil
Could you mention which graphically demanding games you play on it that don't give you this problem?
RE2 & 7, the Witcher 3, FFXV, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4. Any of these should much more demanding than the shop or main menu.

Also, regular PS4 or Pro?
The Pro.

Edit. I've read that the issue has to do with the menus not having a cap on the framerate. Kinda goes all in there.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Alright, how the hell do you change this to Spanish? I was telling a friend of mine about how the game was making my PS4 sound like it was going to launch in to outer space and he got me a Steam code but how in the hell do you change the game to Spanish? I can't change my PC default language because I use it for work, too, and the only thing that I can change is the subtitles, not the menu or ingame screen text, and I know it's there, the thing lists Spanish as a supported language.

Edit: Never mind. I found it. I am not used to Steam...

Last edited:

Goldsickle

It's seems to do that with any RE Engine game.
This.

My PS4 also imitates a jet engine for DMC5, RE2R & RE3R.
I forgot if this also happens with RE7.
This seems to be indiscriminate, whether you play on disc or digitally.
I get the fan blast thing playing the RE2 remake off the disc but the same thing happens when I play a digital copy of the RE3 remake.

Anyone playing Monster Hunter: World on the PS4 ever get that same "jet engine" thing going on?
If not, maybe Capcom should really revert back to MT Frameworks for their future games.

RE Engine doesn't feel like it's completely optimized for consoles.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
This.

My PS4 also imitates a jet engine for DMC5, RE2R & RE3R.
I forgot if this also happens with RE7.
This seems to be indiscriminate, whether you play on disc or digitally.
I get the fan blast thing playing the RE2 remake off the disc but the same thing happens when I play a digital copy of the RE3 remake.

Anyone playing Monster Hunter: World on the PS4 ever get that same "jet engine" thing going on?
If not, maybe Capcom should really revert back to MT Frameworks for their future games.

RE Engine doesn't feel like it's completely optimized for consoles.

Me and a few friends call it "spaceship mode" since it sounds like it's about to take off into space. I agree, the RE Engine is not optimized and probably wears out the hardware pretty quickly. It sucks that that's what we have to live with to have frankly amazing graphics, and I'm not a graphics whore.

Top Bottom