• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Frame Consistancy

ChaserTech

Never said you did mate, I'm saying that it is immature to say games can't go there. It wasn't directed at you anymore than anybody else here. You just happened to bring up the topic but I was replying generally (that's why I didn't quote anyone).

But that's the thing too; immature dialogue doesn't even have to be comical. It can be serious and threatening. I'm not talking about DmC; just in general. It's a tool that can be used to fill many needs. As for being tossed loosely or an excess amount... well; firstly I'd argue that we don't know if there IS an excess amount but I think you already addressed this above talking to someone else. But more importantly; it's all about context. Once again; plenty of very serious very adult movies use large amount of cursing in a very serious way and can pull it off. Others use it in a very immature way and can't pull it off. DmC might just be either of those. I don't know.

But everyone is different. There's no reason you have to like what Dante or Poison says; you're more than free to think that. Personally it doesn't bother me yet (depends on what it is like in the full game). I myself was more offended in DMC4 when Dante out of no where recited a poem that was basically about intercourse and orgasms.

I pretty much agree with everything you've said. I apologize for falsely accusing of you responding to me.

Actually I'm sorry all that I have came up with quick conclusions about this game recently. I've been very edgy about it since Capcom has been ****ing me off with each release of their games. However I will hold onto what I think about the gameplay that exists in the game since I've already gotten over the characters that exists within the game itself.

I'll just sit back, wait until the game is release, and watch a walkthrough of it. Then I'll wait even more and see what everyone thinks about this game. Those will be my deciding factors of "Will I buy this game or not?", since I normally do this from time to time. That's what I did for UMVC3. (Waited with MVC3, saw UMVC3 was released and bought the game afterwards. Wasn't disappointed.)

Again, sorry for causing problems.

Grey-Frog

Man, don't worry about it. I knew it was just a misunderstanding.

And I don't think you even should apologize for disliking DmC's story so far; if you don't like what you've seen then that's fine. Please hold your final judgement for the entire game; but if you want to say you hate what you've seen of DmC's story so far; that's your right to do so.

ChaserTech

Dude, don't apologize. People make mistakes and jump the gun, happens all the time, best you can do is be receptive of what others might have to say, and you have been. That matters way more than being right or wrong.

Yeah the last thing I wanted to do is make people think I'm "hating" this game just because I play DMC4/DMC3 and it's not the direct sequel. I explained my reasons on why I think DmC doesn't suit me and I hopefully I've been civil about it. lol

Man, don't worry about it. I knew it was just a misunderstanding.

And I don't think you even should apologize for disliking DmC's story so far; if you don't like what you've seen then that's fine. Please hold your final judgement for the entire game; but if you want to say you hate what you've seen of DmC's story so far; that's your right to do so.

Will do.

As for not liking what I'm seeing at the moment, as of now all I can say is that I hate the gameplay from what was presented in the demo along with the boss dialogue. As for the story, I haven't really spoiled myself when it comes to reading the leaked script. (or at least not enough to steer my blank slate opinion as of now). I'll give the story a chance.

Until now, I don't like the gameplay that much in the demo compared to playing DMC4/DMC3.

AngelMode

I think it's always important to have understandable people on both sides of the spectrum in any community. I would don't like it if everyone in this forum were to like everything about the game... that'll be too boring >_<

Grey-Frog

Well, you don't have to worry about anything there. That "leaked script" wasn't real :p
I actually disappeared for about a week when that happened because I was scared of spoilers, lol. Didn't want to take the risk.

Back on topic: I'm on the PS3. I've been skipping the cutscenes after the first couple times I played the demo. So I can't say much about them. As for gameplay; my frames might be dipping or they might not be; but I personally haven't noticed any lower frame rates.

ChaserTech

I'm only complaining about the cutscene frame rate issues since is rather ridiculous that they can't be locked at 30fps. (out of all things) It bothers me because I've grown used to smooth framerate, from old to new games.

Other than that I haven't come across anything that was really bothersome.

scionicspectre

I'll have to see what the cutscenes are like in the PC version, since many forms of media have a somewhat 'blurry' feel during cutscenes on purpose. Not stilted, though- that's different.

The devil dodge does seem a bit easier to nail than Royal Guard, and the benefits are a bit more immediate, so that's one thing that could be spammed if you get really good at it. Then again, the pace of the combat doesn't really allow that to cheapen the experience much, and many games I've really enjoyed give you much heavier rewards for that kind of thing.

All in all, I don't find an issue with the framerate. If it makes things a tiny bit harder to pull off, that's just a fun challenge. It's not like one or two frames in a second are going to be significantly blameworthy. For me, it's more about retaining the aesthetic of the animation.

8BitHero

Scrub
Yeah the last thing I wanted to do is make people think I'm "hating" this game just because I play DMC4/DMC3 and it's not the direct sequel. I explained my reasons on why I think DmC doesn't suit me and I hopefully I've been civil about it. lol

Will do.

As for not liking what I'm seeing at the moment, as of now all I can say is that I hate the gameplay from what was presented in the demo along with the boss dialogue. As for the story, I haven't really spoiled myself when it comes to reading the leaked script. (or at least not enough to steer my blank slate opinion as of now). I'll give the story a chance.

Until now, I don't like the gameplay that much in the demo compared to playing DMC4/DMC3.
If there's any "forum people" going to disagree with, it's the people on here, the ones who know what they're talking about and would be able to make a point based on their knowledge. It's better than YouTube comments.

I want 60 FPS too.

majeh116

I still haven't come across any glitches >_<

Granted, I'm not running around looking for them, I'm just playing the game.
i keep getting this glitch where i cant angel pull if i devil pull 2 times in a row and it drives me nuts

ChaserTech

Downloading the PS3 demo now to see if I can do it on there.

If you do find this glitch, I might try it myself and see what happens.
Do you restart the mission several times? Or do you restart from a checkpoint?

Also another sig that I made. Not entirely sure if I want to use this one though. :/

EDIT: Decided to change my sig for the hell of it. After updating it slightly, I think it looks better.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Here are those frame rate issues I was talking about earlier

Yikes! What the heck. Maybe constantly restarting was screwin' with your system.

Playing on the PS3 demo, I actually kept restarting the first checkpoint, so I could do the first fight repeatedly, and I hadn't run into framerate problems, especially something like that o_O

Top Bottom