• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Due to DmC's bad sales......

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Its cool, and Dmc gets alot of the hate because of the ****ty PR for this game. Pro or Anti we all have to admit the dropped the ball with the PR
That and the filter they used for DmC, it's all grainy and ewwy. Do not like.

Nelo_Vergil

I found the red coat!
redcoatprint.jpg
see what I did thar.

View attachment 389

Drake

But back on topic, with the bad sales I can say one thing, Capcom will do the thing that makes the least amount of sense. That thing that digs them into a deeper hole and make them loss even more fans

Nelo_Vergil

I know its hard to make something completely fresh and new. I just dont like when someone says "dmc3 is copy of "InuYasha" but DmC is inspired by "They Live" ".

everything i inspired from something. the question is to what extent and how easy it to notice. It's dirt easy to compare DMC3 to inuyasha because it's so laughably easy to notice. Even the extent to which they are alike is high. I haven't seen or heard of "They Live" so that's not really my arguement to make or get involved in since your having it anyway.

Nelo_Vergil

I know its hard to make something completely fresh and new. I just dont like when someone says "dmc3 is copy of "InuYasha" but DmC is inspired by "They Live" ".

everything i inspired from something. the question is to what extent and how easy it to notice. It's dirt easy to compare DMC3 to inuyasha because it's so laughably easy to notice. Even the extent to which they are alike is high. I haven't seen or heard of "They Live" so that's not really my arguement to make or get involved in since your having it anyway.

Nelo_Vergil

Terrutas

As I see it there are two possible outcomes and one unlikely.

The first possible outcome is,DmC does good and a DmC2 gets made.
The second possible outcome is DmC fails and DMC dies.

The unlikely outcome is Capcom goes back to the original Dante.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
As I see it there are two possible outcomes and one unlikely.

The first possible outcome is,DmC does good and a DmC2 gets made.
The second possible outcome is DmC fails and DMC dies.

The unlikely outcome is Capcom goes back to the original Dante.
I'm hoping either DMC5 is made, or it's like Bayonetta where sales weren't as expected but they work at a way to get a sequel made fro DmC.

Or , yeah, they could just kill DMC and DmC.:(

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
dude...you triple posted this time.
It's okay I did a quad post on accident earlier.
And don't get sad Loopy! Think about it on the happy side! :D

Kishido

Hunter
I'm hoping either DMC5 is made, or it's like Bayonetta where sales weren't as expected but they work at a way to get a sequel made fro DmC.

Or , yeah, they could just kill DMC and DmC.:(

Bayonetta only gets a sequel cuz Nintendo is giving the money... Without Nintendo there would be no Bayonetta 2 cuz Sega had no interest in it... Dumb as they are

Agent47_89

Bayonetta only gets a sequel cuz Nintendo is giving the money... Without Nintendo there would be no Bayonetta 2 cuz Sega had no interest in it... Dumb as they are

Dumb? They realised there wasn't a big enough audience to justify a second release, Nintendo can afford to do it and they're probably going to do it on a smaller budget, plus Nintendo get the added bonus of an exclusive. MGR looks incredibly bland graphics-wise, so if they don't do well as they hoped they can probably recoup their costs.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
If the whole point of this reboot was to boost greater sales by widening the audience, then it fell far short of CAPCOM's expectations financially, as it should have had a better reception than DMC4 by default. The figures don't lie and the 'old' fanboys can't be blamed for poor sales when they weren't even the target audience. Then again their initial sales projection I thought to was pretty damn optimistic, even if it were a 'classic' DMC title and not a risky new imagining.

It was a risk, and from the standpoint of CAPCOM now, it would probably be an even greater risk to make a sequel for DmC over returning to the old incarnation. Speculating.

Dante the Demon slayer

I believe that no matter how bad the game sells we will get a sequel to it Capcom really seem into it I have read everywhere about there relationship with Ninja and about how they are coming together again and how the new movie is being based of DmC I also thing the Dlc will attract more fans because it is Vergil bloody palace will also add alot of content to the game I love this game and I know it was drawn a fair number of fans sure it may be easy compared to others but I think it is better that way so now fans can pick it up and have a great time then in the Sequel make things harder because chances are fans have already played the first one I believe DMC ended when Nero said to Dante "Will we ever meet again" and Dante simply waved DMC4's story was bland and you could easily see they ran out of ideas when you had to play as Dante sure the combat was a step up from DMC3 but not very much Neros devil bringer was just a over powered noob weapon that took no skill as I have said before you could tell DMC4 was made for a more Anime auidence plus the maker of DMC and Capcom don't get along to well anymore I hear so I doubt they will wanna go back to old DMC Capcom know they will look bad and only want the money if they do that now I personally do not care who makes the Sequel weather it is ninja or Capcom or some other random developer with Capcom watching over them I just want a new one to this story I do think Ninja will remain the ones who make the game Capcom even said Ninja shown them how to make a good story they Shown ninja how to make good combat so I think Ninja will improve alot on the next game now that they know all the basics and everything to combat and are no longer new developers to this kind of thing they know how the system works so thongs can only get better including the Dialogue DMC was in need of a reboot as I have said even the order messed the game up after DMC1 Dante had destroyed the person who killed his Mother in DMC2 Dante goes to hell and we never see or hear from him again also it sucked so bad so Capcom didn't wanna touch anywhere after DMC2 leaving them a little gap to make prequels DMC3 was amazing it was what we needed for info on Dante and Vergil DMC4 though well you could tell they ran out of ideas if they had made it in order I think the series would of went alot better and you wouldn't of had the main enemy in the series in the first game or the end of Dante in DMC2 or a rushed game like DMC4 that had so much potential atleast this game is going to be in order I'm going to be positive about everything here the games for the reboot can only get better :D and the story has so much more potental then DMC plus Dante now has a love intrest which means it will bring out a serious Dante alot more and a reason for him to fight of course I still want him to set up shop but we will see also in the next game seeing how Dante now has white hair and is really powerful I want his Devil trigger to be an actual Devil and be stronger aswell and an Angel trigger would be awesome as well I already read that Capcom want a DmC sequel in 2015 with the new consoles and pc's making the game look awesome once Vergils Dlc and bloody palace come out and the game gets harder in the sequels which I'm sure it will even though they are already pretty hard in later levels you unlock well anyway after all that I'm sure the game will have something for everyone Ninja theory have even said Making a best seller is not as important as making a good game plus the amazing reviews back that up and come on the sales are not to bad for a reboot of a well known game imagine how bad it would be if Mario got a reboot where they changed him even more then how Dante is now lol now that would be a poor selling AAA tittle anyway I hope what I have wrote is something everyone can agree on and put a bit more hope into the series for a Sequel :D

Top Bottom