• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Due to DmC's bad sales......

Dante the Demon slayer

I blame the order of the games for making things so bland DMC1 Dante kills the person he has been looking for nearly his whole life DMC2 some stupid lame thing happens then at the end Dante goes to hell thats the last we see of him which means that Capcom needs to squeeze as much as they can between them two games DMC3 was amazing but DMC4 was when things went bad...again

Nelo_Vergil

People don't like 4 because of the backtracking which was lazy as hell on Capcoms part, combat was not stale, after DMC 1 more things were added to the combat with every game, even lame ass DMC2 addded something that was carried on to the latter games

DMC2 added damn near well everything the other games have and dont you forget it. That aside it wasn't the combat that was getting stale but the story and the character DMC3 was like a breath of fresh air but DMC4 was like a punch in the gut it was too much dmc3 when it shouldn't have been. Dante was to over the top, vergil was cast aside (if you count the DMC4 novel you will lose all respect i have for you),mundus was defeated early, not enough people liked nero taking dantes spotlight and with the way dante was potrayed i can easily say nero was going to take over the series.

that being said if people can't handle dante getting less spotlight or even a redesign what makes you think nero taking over the series would be accpectable. *random nero hating rant over*

Dante the Demon slayer

Well yes it was Capcoms fault but you have to admit things would of been better if the order wasn't so messed up Capcom basically had to squeeze as much as they could between DMC1 and 2 and well it just didn't work out

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Well yes it was Capcoms fault but you have to admit things would of been better if the order wasn't so messed up Capcom basically had to squeeze as much as they could between DMC1 and 2 and well it just didn't work out
A Dyslexic (no offense to anyone dyslexic) order of games timeline wise.
DMC3
DMC1
DMC4
DMC2 (WHICH WE STILL DON'T CARE ABOUT! :O)

Martius

SSSmokin!
Reboot is pretty much copy-paste from a hell lot of movies,games etc but am sure thats "inspiration" for you.

AlchemistFromEden

I wanna hear it now.

OrihimeProtectsYachiru.png
20080424234050!Kyrie.jpg

Drake

DMC2 added damn near well everything the other games have and dont you forget it. That aside it wasn't the combat that was getting stale but the story and the character DMC3 was like a breath of fresh air but DMC4 was like a punch in the gut it was too much dmc3 when it shouldn't have been. Dante was to over the top, vergil was cast aside (if you count the DMC4 novel you will lose all respect i have for you),mundus was defeated early, not enough people liked nero taking dantes spotlight and with the way dante was potrayed i can easily say nero was going to take over the series.

that being said if people can't handle dante getting less spotlight or even a redesign what makes you think nero taking over the series would be accpectable. *random nero hating rant over*
Yea, Nero came out of nowhere and they don't take time to explain him or anything. Also what really ticked me off about him is he had a personallity similar to Dante, why make a new character if he acts like the orginal

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Um...can I ask a question? Why are we arguing about sales and all that when the fact of the matter is: either one of the sequels will get made or both will be abandoned. Isn't it a bit pointless? We're wasting our breath and time on being mean for no reason. :/ What'll happen will happen; complaining ain't going to do anything to fix it.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Heck are you taking about denail, some things are similar
I hate being dragged into this.
But..that's ironic as hell, man. He posted alll those things showing similarities..yet you say "some"
K, Let's compare DmC to The Matrix and They Live.
SURE things are sooo much alike...but not a **** ton alike.
Dante doesn't wear sunglasses in order to see the truth does he?
Does he get programmed into a computer in order to stop a crap ton of Agent Smiths from spreading?
Can Dante fly like Superman at supersonic speed?
Does Dante have a mullet (i think that's the dude's hairstyle from They Live)
Does the world go in Black and White when he looks through the limbo/sunglasses?
Similarities are: Different world seen, Limbo, Matrix, SUNGLASSES. World is run by, Demons, (Don't remember the Matrix one), and Aliens. The only, I mean ONLY similarities that are actually there are posted above, oh and that "Obey, consume" BS that's in both.
Similarities are just those, Controlled by evil, OBEY..
While Alchemist up there posted all these reasons why Inuyasha and DMC are alike? but..that's denial and wrong? There is no such thing as an original Idea anymore, they have to get inspiration somewhere...even if it's not fully the same at all.
I mean you don't see AC3 being hated for copying the hunting system from RDR?
Edit: like I said man, I respect your opinions/facts and everyone elses as well..sometimes I just sit back and watch and respect..but once in a while I have to jump in.

Top Bottom