• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Due to DmC's bad sales......

Nelo_Vergil

Capcom's fault, DMC 2 really throws a monkey ranch into to the whole story

thats just a lame excuse >.> dmc2 takes place at the end of dantes days of a devil hunter and we can tell that easily. the only wrench it throws is the one on dante's character and DMC4 does that just as bad. I won't let anyone get away with insulting dmc2

Reboot is pretty much copy-paste from a hell lot of movies,games etc but am sure thats "inspiration" for you.

you really don't want ot start the "whats original" arguement this is the gaming industry.

If they made the order right and did not rush DMC4 and screw up DMC2 then everything would of been sunshine and lollipops :)

i approve of this message imo what capcom had planned, kamiya to be more specfic, was to make DMC3 DMC2, basically throw a prequel instead of a follow up to DMC1

Drake

I hate being dragged into this.
But..that's ironic as hell, man. He posted alll those things showing similarities..yet you say "some"
K, Let's compare DmC to The Matrix and They Live.
SURE things are sooo much alike...but not a **** ton alike.
Dante doesn't wear sunglasses in order to see the truth does he?
Does he get programmed into a computer in order to stop a crap ton of Agent Smiths from spreading?
Can Dante fly like Superman at supersonic speed?
Does Dante have a mullet (i think that's the dude's hairstyle from They Live)
Does the world go in Black and White when he looks through the limbo/sunglasses?
Similarities are: Different world seen, Limbo, Matrix, SUNGLASSES. World is run by, Demons, (Don't remember the Matrix one), and Aliens. The only, I mean ONLY similarities that are actually there are posted above, oh and that "Obey, consume" BS that's in both.
Similarities are just those, Controlled by evil, OBEY..
While Alchemist up there posted all these reasons why Inuyasha and DMC are alike? but..that's denial and wrong? There is no such thing as an original Idea anymore, they have to get inspiration somewhere...even if it's not fully the same at all.
I mean you don't see AC3 being hated for copying the hunting system from RDR?
That is what i was saying the idea is not orginal, all things take something for other things, Dante = Rody Piper/ Neo, Vergil= Morpheus

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
OrihimeProtectsYachiru.png
20080424234050!Kyrie.jpg
Boy, that was quick.
Disappointing there is no more.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
That is what i was saying the idea is not orginal, all things take something for other things, Dante = Rody Piper/ Neo, Vergil= Morpheus
It's not original unless you think it is...that made more sense in my head.
Phineas = Morpheus.
Dante is nowhere near like Neo, and that's true..besides wearing black.

Dante the Demon slayer

We ALL love the old series no matter how many faults it had in some of the games But imo a reboot is the best thing that happend to the series since DMC3 a fresh start sure it wasn't perfect and was a bit to easy but they can easily fix and improve it in the Sequel I think people who dislike the game because of it being to easy is just stupid I actually think it is good that they made the first game easy so new fans can get into it and enjoy it then when they made the Sequel make it harder seeing how the new DmC fans would of gotten use to the combat and controls by then I cannot complain about it being to easy because I had to finish DMC3 on easy mode to enjoy it xD

Drake

It's not original unless you think it is...that made more sense in my head.
Phineas = Morpheus.
Dante is nowhere near like Neo, and that's true..besides wearing black.
I see him as being the one who can stop what is behind the facade, free humans from slavery, Vergil alone couldn't do it, in terms of character personelity they are nothing alike

Nero and Dante sure do act alike. I can barely tell them apart

Who's the guy acting arrogant and mean? And which one is acting goofy and comedic? Can't tell because they're pretty much the same person apparently.

Nelo_Vergil

Who's the guy acting arrogant and mean? And which one is acting goofy and comedic? Can't tell because they're pretty much the same person apparently.

keep your head down and ears closed for lots of poo will be thrown

that sort of rhymes. in any case when you think about dante and nero aren't really that different... *goes back to nero taking dantes place theory*

I am just wondering how bad DmC sale is???????????

Nobody really has concrete sales figures. Only that it had 1/3 of its predecessor's sales in the UK, 1/2 in Japan, peak players on Steam never got above the 8K mark, and it has shipped 1 Million units to stores. Note that doesn't mean 1mil sales, it means 1mil copies of the game collecting dust in the store.

Rentals, pirates and people who finish the **** easy campaign in a day and then return it for others to buy used would also cut sales by a bit

Capcom slashed its expected sales from 2 Million, to 1.2 Million, so they lowered their expectations by a hell of a lot, suggesting that it is not doing well.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I see him as being the one who can stop what is behind the facade, free humans from slavery, Vergil alone couldn't do it, in terms of character personelity they are nothing alike
Vergil didn't even want to free them in the first place. Just wanted to rule them, but not as harsh as Mundus.
There are many other things that you can compare freedom to? Connor wanted his people to be free, but George Washington didn't allow that?
See? Connor = Dante, Washington = Vergil.
You can find many other similarities to other titles but DmC get's all the comparisons on it.
Chief = Dante, Didact = Mundus, Cortana = Kat. See? just did it again.
Once again, compare everything to anything...it's just that easy.
or like the mobile phone game I think it's called Nova = Halo.
literally an exact clone...but no hate.
Defiance (not out yet, but I have the beta..it's pretty cool) = Gears of war, Borderlands, Planetside 2.
Rolling and third person = Gears of war
Giant enemy battles, leveling up and putting on new skills = Borderlands
A giant as hell crowd of people helping you take down those giant enemies as well as PvP(I'm literally counting 400 people on screen) = Planetside 2.
There is no such thing as original anymore, man...soon people will just let that go.

Drake

Funny I see them both mocking their enemies before battle

Drake

Vergil didn't even want to free them in the first place. Just wanted to rule them, but not as harsh as Mundus.
There are many other things that you can compare freedom to? Connor wanted his people to be free, but George Washington didn't allow that?
See? Connor = Dante, Washington = Vergil.
You can find many other similarities to other titles but DmC get's all the comparisons on it.
Chief = Dante, Didact = Mundus, Cortana = Kat. See? just did it again.
Once again, compare everything to anything...it's just that easy.
or like the mobile phone game I think it's called Nova = Halo.
literally an exact clone...but no hate.
Defiance (not out yet, but I have the beta..it's pretty cool) = Gears of war, Borderlands, Planetside 2.
Rolling and third person = Gears of war
Giant enemy battles, leveling up and putting on new skills = Borderlands
A giant as hell crowd of people helping you take down those giant enemies as well as PvP(I'm literally counting 400 people on screen) = Planetside 2.
There is no such thing as original anymore, man...soon people will just let that go.
Dude already said that there is nothing orignal anymore, no one is hating on Dmc, why do someone people on this forum feel the need to defend every thing about this game, its just like every other game out there it has its flaws

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Dude already said that there is nothing orignal anymore, no one is hating on Dmc, why do someone people on this forum feel the need to defend every thing about this game, its just like every other game out there it has its flaws
I should of explained better, I'm not defending it for the sake of defending it.
I'm not calling you names or being rude or anything correct? I'm just stating facts that it's really simple to compare games and things, and I'm stating that it SEEMS like DmC get's it more than any other thing.
I apologize if it seems something else to you. Because honestly, that's all I see...that's it. Of course DmC has it's faults, and I'm not going to lie...hell yeah it does..it's not the best Devil May Cry..or the best game out there. I can point out many things that is wrong with DmC, but seriously I just don't like it when one thing gets bashed on for no reason, something that doesn't really deserve all the hate? If there is one thing everyone needs to hate on is CoD, but they choose this game. :l
Well, right now I'm defending it, yes..but I'm not defending it's people..just pointing it out there that this is the number 1 thing I see every time I look up something DMC or DmC related that DmC is being compared and claimed to be ripped off on.
I should of been more clearly, my mistake, man.
So, for the sake of it all, I'll drop it..
Now come here and give me a hug
_c45aed7606396b0fa6eaa117a4d77414_zps225f2175.gif

Drake

I should of explained better, I'm not defending it for the sake of defending it.
I'm not calling you names or being rude or anything correct? I'm just stating facts that it's really simple to compare games and things, and I'm stating that it SEEMS like DmC get's it more than any other thing.
I apologize if it seems something else to you. Because honestly, that's all I see...that's it. Of course DmC has it's faults, and I'm not going to lie...hell yeah it does..it's not the best Devil May Cry..or the best game out there. I can point out many things that is wrong with DmC, but seriously I just don't like it when one thing gets bashed on for no reason, something that doesn't really deserve all the hate? If there is one thing everyone needs to hate on is CoD, but they choose this game. :l
Well, right now I'm defending it, yes..but I'm not defending it's people..just pointing it out there that this is the number 1 thing I see every time I look up something DMC or DmC related that DmC is being compared and claimed to be ripped off on.
I should of been more clearly, my mistake, man.
Its cool, and Dmc gets alot of the hate because of the ****ty PR for this game. Pro or Anti we all have to admit the dropped the ball with the PR

Top Bottom