• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Due to DmC's bad sales......

zarion

No, Devil May Cry is finished. DmC was their attempt at appealing to a new crowd to revive the franchise and it failed.
The fact that street dates were broken and the pirated copy was up 5 days before the official release didn't help much either.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
So far it has not yet sold 1 million units worldwide. The Europe sales seem particularly low, considering there's 50 countries in there.

What were their original predictions? Something like five million at first, then two...? It has sold 0.74 million at present.

Terrutas

So far it has not yet sold 1 million units worldwide. The Europe sales seem particularly low, considering there's 50 countries in there.

What were their original predictions? Something like five million at first, then two...? It has sold 0.6 million at present.
They lowered it to 1.2. blaming the OG fans for how poorly it did.

Hilarious if you ask me.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
They lowered it to 1.2. blaming the OG fans for how poorly it did.

Hilarious if you ask me.

actually Capcom hasn't blamed anything yet, they really haven't made a comment on it if i remember correctly.

Its some of those gaming website editors and supporters who are blaming the "og crowd" of fans.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Hilarious to blame people you aren't even aiming your new game at, yes. The most vocal anti-DmC fans have not been able to put off anyone who wants to buy this game from doing so, so what's the problem, I wonder? Why wasn't it a bigger success?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Hilarious to blame people you aren't even aiming your new game at, yes. The most vocal anti-DmC fans have not been able to put off anyone who wants to buy this game from doing so, so what's the problem, I wonder? Why wasn't it a bigger success?

Am I missing something?

Where did Capcom or even NT for that matter blame the older fans for this?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Games journalists are the ones doing most of 'that'. Although during the early phases of the DmC development CAPCOM did apparently blame fans for overreacting to new Dante and being overly negative.

By the same token, some of these games columnists are doing it simultaneously in published interviews with NT staff... and those who represent CAPCOM/NT in places like CAPCOM-Unity and on the Ninja Theory official forums have been deleting any unfavourable opinions, and acting dismissively toward any criticism of the game. The attitude toward anyone who doesn't 'love' DmC ranges from 'ban them' to 'jilted fans are to blame for poor sales'. It's really quite amazing and pathetic to see coming from 'professionals'.

Terrutas

actually Capcom hasn't blamed anything yet, they really haven't made a comment on it if i remember correctly.

Its some of those gaming website editors and supporters who are blaming the "og crowd" of fans.
Oh I see. Thank you for correcting me,I was unaware.

AlchemistFromEden

Games journalists are the ones doing most of 'that'. Although during the early phases of the DmC development CAPCOM did apparently blame fans for overreacting to new Dante and being overly negative.

By the same token, some of these games columnists are doing it simultaneously in published interviews with NT staff... and those who represent CAPCOM/NT in places like CAPCOM-Unity and on the Ninja Theory official forums have been deleting any unfavourable opinions, and acting dismissively toward any criticism of the game. The attitude toward anyone who doesn't 'love' DmC ranges from 'ban them' to 'jilted fans are to blame for poor sales'. It's really quite amazing and pathetic.
i'd blame my fans to for being overly negative if they sent me death threats, for doing my job, of making a video game, for them, so that they can have fun, but NO its not like their fanfiction where vergil returns so i get bitched at for THREE YEARS because i'm doing my ****ing job, and seriously, not like these people have anything other to do, they aren't getting laid anytime soon, they watch one dev diary and suddenly know how to make a game and think they know better than game designers and hope on the loudest bandwagon like event status who thinks quoting 4chan posts=legitimate complaints, yeah yeah, excuse them for doing their job and getting even slightly tired of hearing the exact same things over and over and over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND ****ING OVER AND ****ING OVER AGAIN!!! :mad:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Then ignore them, before you have an aneurysm.

It's what CAPCOM and NT should have done as well, but instead it seems the controversy was actually encouraged, and often referred back to, over and over by the professionals themselves, perhaps to generate more hype and visibility for the game. They should simply have politely declined to comment at all on the 'fan reaction' and got on with the task of making the game, and the controversy itself would have been less instead of being constantly strung along and reignited.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
i'd blame my fans to for being overly negative if they sent me death threats, for doing my job, of making a video game, for them, so that they can have fun, but NO its not like their fanfiction where vergil returns so i get bitched at for THREE YEARS because i'm doing my ******* job, and seriously, not like these people have anything other to do, they aren't getting laid anytime soon, they watch one dev diary and suddenly know how to make a game and think they know better than game designers and hope on the loudest bandwagon like event status who thinks quoting 4chan posts=legitimate complaints, yeah yeah, excuse them for doing their job and getting even slightly tired of hearing the exact same things over and over and over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND ******* OVER AND ******* OVER AGAIN!!! :mad:

seriously, you take your defending of this game to seriously in my opinion.

Dial it back some notches and maybe people wouldn't view your opinion of the game as a extremely biased one.

Cause let me tell you, the last thing someone wants to do is have a actual discussion about DmC and its faults with a fan who is extremely biased towards the game.

It will go no where.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
So anyway, does anyone else wonder why DmC hasn't sold better than it has so far? Even I thought it would shift at least a million units quite quickly in the West, given the all-out marketing campaign. But it hasn't reached the million mark even with Japan included.

People were claiming it was right up in the top of the pre-order charts, flying off the shelves, etc. I expected a bigger figure than this too, by now.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
i'd blame my fans to for being overly negative if they sent me death threats, for doing my job, of making a video game, for them, so that they can have fun, but NO its not like their fanfiction where vergil returns so i get bitched at for THREE YEARS because i'm doing my ******* job, and seriously, not like these people have anything other to do, they aren't getting laid anytime soon, they watch one dev diary and suddenly know how to make a game and think they know better than game designers and hope on the loudest bandwagon like event status who thinks quoting 4chan posts=legitimate complaints, yeah yeah, excuse them for doing their job and getting even slightly tired of hearing the exact same things over and over and over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND ******* OVER AND ******* OVER AGAIN!!! :mad:
But you are not a game developer now are you?

Chill down dude and don't react so strongly to everything. I know that you love DmC and Ninja Theory but you don't have to defend it so seriously.

AlchemistFromEden

Then ignore them, before you have an aneurysm.

It's what CAPCOM and NT should have done as well, but instead it seems the controversy was actually encouraged, and often referred back to, over and over by the professionals themselves, perhaps to generate more hype and visibility for the game. They should simply have politely declined to comment at all on the 'fan reaction' and got on with the task of making the game, and the controversy itself would have been less instead of being constantly strung along and reignited.
its not as simple as just ignoring them if you're a game developer, or better yet, a large group of game developers who all get the same flak, and no they shouldn't have politely declined to comment, who are you to say that, they are a group of artists, film people, graphic designers, animators and game designers, they LOVE their work, they spend YEARS making these things for people to have fun, and its completely unfair for them to be treated so poorly for DOING THEIR JOB, and being told "oh you guys aren't good developers, this should've been done by platinum games because thats how business works trololoololoksfnjosfisvdsnkjsvfsm"

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
If I remember right, they are giving the game till the end of march...you see, fans just can't boycott DmC, not buy it and they think that "MAYBE IF WE DON'T BUY IT, THEY WILL GO BACK TO DMC"
That's not true at all, we NEED DmC to sell well to continue DMC or DmC.
I came across some fans who said they'd rather see the series die then let it continue on as DmC. As much as I dislike DmC even I thought that was a little harsh.

AlchemistFromEden

But you are not a game developer now are you?

Chill down dude and don't react so strongly to everything. I know that you love DmC and Ninja Theory but you don't have to defend it so seriously.
making an indie game, which is extremely hard in itself, so i can barely fathom the amount of effort it must take to make a high budget triple A game, that's why i respect any and all developers who put lots of hard work into their work, i'd defend them because they deserve all the respect in the world for literally being their for the SOLE purpose of making it so a large amount of people can have fun, and when they get flak over a redesign of a character, i.e. infamous 2, like its magically so easy to redesign a character, (hint, the amount of concept art for ANY character would blow your mind, in fact dmc probably doesn't have every piece of it just the very good ones)

Top Bottom