• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Due to DmC's bad sales......

AlchemistFromEden

seriously, you take your defending of this game to seriously in my opinion.

Dial it back some notches and maybe people wouldn't view your opinion of the game as a extremely biased one.

Cause let me tell you, the last thing someone wants to do is have a actual discussion about DmC and its faults with a fan who is extremely biased towards the game.

It will go no where.
i'm not extremely biased towards the game, i know what i view as flaws of the game and just because i don't CONSTANTLY talk about why the flaws are flaws doesn't mean i'm biased, i have yet to write a full review which probably won't be until all the dlc is released

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I came across some fans who said they'd rather see the series die then let it continue on as DmC. As much as I dislike DmC even I thought that was a little harsh.
Yep, that is harsh, but that's how some people think. You see this with Japanese pop culture and otaku. Some of it is pretty extreme. Wanting pop idols dead because they do not maintain the 'pure image' and have a boyfriend. Burning the merch with a hated idols face on....it's really insane.
I've even seen one guy on the net burn some video game figures, but I've forgotten the reason>_<

AlchemistFromEden

Yep, that is harsh, but that's how some people think. You see this with Japanese pop culture and otaku. Some of it is pretty extreme. Wanting pop idols dead because they do not maintain the 'pure image' and have a boyfriend. Burning the merch with a hated idols face on....it's really insane.
I've even seen one guy on the net burn some video game figures, but I've forgotten the reason>_<
yeah those people are the worst, i frankly hate those type of people who don't understand how life works, "omg, you got a boyfriend, how dare you" like the flak that the author for deadman wonderland got because she got pregnant

V

Oldschool DMC fan
its not as simple as just ignoring them if you're a game developer, or better yet, a large group of game developers who all get the same flak, and no they shouldn't have politely declined to comment, who are you to say that, they are a group of artists, film people, graphic designers, animators and game designers, they LOVE their work, they spend YEARS making these things for people to have fun, and its completely unfair for them to be treated so poorly for DOING THEIR JOB, and being told "oh you guys aren't good developers, this should've been done by platinum games because thats how business works trololoololoksfnjosfisvdsnkjsvfsm"

Who am I? I am a professional artist and businessperson myself, thanks. I love my work and I have spent years learning how to make things people value. So yeah, I know a thing or two about it, and I also have family members who are actual game artists in the industry, so I know how that works, too. And no, you do not badmouth your potential customers unless you are planning to upset or alienate them. It's just something you don't do - it's childish, it's unprofessional, and it's detrimental to business. No matter how much someone might **** you off, if you're a professional you keep your cool in public, you don't respond badly to flak in public, and you carry on.

AlchemistFromEden

Who am I? I am a professional artist and businessperson myself, thanks. I love my work and I have spent years learning how to make things people value. So yeah, I know a thing or two about it, and I also have family members who are actual game artists in the industry, so I know how that works, too. And no, you do not badmouth your potential customers unless you are planning to upset or alienate them. It's just something you don't do - it's childish, it's unprofessional, and it's detrimental to business. No matter how much someone might **** you off, if you're a professional you keep cool, you don't respond badly to flak, and you carry on.
the fact that you think the game design environment is professional makes me question the credibility of your post about how your family are game designers, -_- because its one of the most casual working environments out there

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
yeah those people are the worst, i frankly hate those type of people who don't understand how life works, "omg, you got a boyfriend, how dare you" like the flak that the author for deadman wonderland got because she got pregnant
I don't know much about AKB, but it's all over the net that a girl from there shaved her hair for doing something wrong.:blink: I know it's the Japanese way when truly sorry for an action that is seen as wrong, but it's a bit of a shock in this day and age.
I know there's a contract or something, and they signed up to this, but it's like these girls have no life. They're just owned by creepy guys who buy their porducts and will never ever, EVER have a chance to date them or get near them. Ugh...sickening.

Anyway, going too off topic:p

V

Oldschool DMC fan
the fact that you think the game design environment is professional makes me question the credibility of your post about how your family are game designers, -_- because its one of the most casual working environments out there

Yes I know the games design environment is casual. But we're not talking about the games design environment, we're talking about the public presentation of a gaming company, and the resulting image of itself it portrays. They are different, and it's the same for any company. The bitching should have been kept in the office or the studio because as a result, the image of Ninja Theory and CAPCOM hasn't come out smelling of roses.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

Off Topic and Potentially Inflammatory Post:

It reminds me how one of the more well known skeptics out there that pretty much spearheaded the anti-DmC movement (who shall remain nameless, since you can probably guess who he is) said, and I quote:

"WE'RE THE FANS. WE DON'T HAVE TO BE PROFESSIONAL."

(this was in regards to the commentary from the DmC supporters on how the skeptics themselves weren't being professional when they were demanding professionalism from Ninja Theory)

Really? Wow. -_-

I'm not even going to go further into that. At all

No, I will not seek the source. You can believe it, or you can disbelieve it -- and leave it at that.

(that last sentence wasn't aimed towards you, Alchemist -- your posts are solid with me)

Edit:

I highlighted that sentence and put it in caps lock because he was yelling with an aggressive tone of voice -- which is how he normally speaks, by the way.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Well no, you don't have to be professional if you are not a professional trying to sell someone a product or a service. The onus is not on the customer to convince or gain trust, is it.

AlchemistFromEden

Yes I know the games design environment is casual. But we're not talking about the games design environment, we're talking about the public presentation of a gaming company, and the resulting image of itself it portrays. They are different, and it's the same for any company. The bitching should have been kept in the office or the studio because as a result, the image of Ninja Theory and CAPCOM hasn't come out smelling of roses.
the public presentation of a gaming company, um, if they wanted people think, hey this business is super professional GAIS, then videos like this wouldn't exist -_-
and miyamoto wouldn't do things like this
there are hundreds of videos of game developers doing weird things and doing strange things on stage at huge events like e3, where are you getting your info from -_-

V

Oldschool DMC fan
From actual experience, and the business world at large.

Developers might well take a strange or innovative approach to presenting products, but that is STILL NOT THE SAME as badmouthing your intended audience, or making snarky comments about the game's fanbase in interviews. It surely hinders more than it helps.

AlchemistFromEden

I don't know much about AKB, but it's all over the net that a girl from there shaved her hair for doing something wrong.:blink: I know it's the Japanese way when truly sorry for an action that is seen as wrong, but it's a bit of a shock in this day and age.
I know there's a contract or something, and they signed up to this, but it's like these girls have no life. They're just owned by creepy guys who buy their porducts and will never ever, EVER have a chance to date them or get near them. Ugh...sickening.

Anyway, going too off topic:p
yeah really :D

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well no, you don't have to be professional if you are not a professional trying to sell someone a product or a service. The onus is not on the customer to convince or gain trust, is it.

Convenient. -_-

I'm sure you have a plethora of excuses up your sleeve.

AlchemistFromEden

From actual experience, and the business world at large.

Perhaps this unprofessionalism within the gaming industry has contributed to poor sales, or to the industry not being taken as seriously as other industries.
yeah no, the industry isn't taken seriously because of the larger number of things liiiikkkkkkeeeeee
Bayonetta2.jpg

in comparison to the number of things liiikkkkeeee
Beyond-Two-Souls-Cover.jpg

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Convenient. -_-

I'm sure you have a plethora of excuses up your sleeve.

Excuse me? Excuses? I am not making excuses for anything. I'm stating facts. What planet are you on?

It's 'convenient' that customers don't bear the responsibility that commercial bodies do according to you? Lol. So if you walk into a coffee shop on your planet, it's the customer that has to ensure that they are clean and well-presented, but the not the coffee establishment that has to prove it's not a rat-infested dive and its products are up to quality standards and safe?

Customers pay for a service or a product, but they generally won't pay for a product if they think the seller is a disreputable swindler or an asshole. This is why businesses utilize that little thing called 'public relations' and ask their staff to smile for the public and be courteous rather than slagging them off to their faces when they order a coffee. Now apply this to any business including the games industry. It is not good to insult your customers or imply you lack acceptable standards, or they will do business somewhere else.

I shouldn't even have to explain that, it's common sense. How old are you?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
GOD, ALCHEMIST. IT'S JUST A GAME.

(no it isn't. it's a potential art form, with a means to send a message that no other media can even hope to compete with) -_-

V

Oldschool DMC fan
yeah no, the industry isn't taken seriously because of the larger number of things liiiikkkkkkeeeeee
Bayonetta2.jpg

in comparison to the number of things liiikkkkeeee
Beyond-Two-Souls-Cover.jpg

I'm fairly sure the CEOs of these game companies take their financial profits QUITE seriously.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
self-entitlement

No store is going to serve an irate customer who constantly badmouths them. People get kicked out for being unreasonable all the time.

That's happened to you before, hasn't it? I can already tell by the way you're acting.

Stores have rules. Stores have order. That's something you seem to fail to understand.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
No store is going to serve an irate customer who constantly badmouths them. People get kicked out for being unreasonable all the time.

That's happened to you before, hasn't it? I can already tell by the way you're acting.

No, it has never happened. But I'll be happy to report you right now for being exactly what you describe - deliberately belligerent.

Top Bottom