• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Due to DmC's bad sales......

seraphmaycry

I hope people stop with the whole sale thing soon for two reasons

the first being that they cant prove it undianiably when sooo many peoplehave called the games nine outa ten scores corrupt and innacurate

the second that it really serves no purpose other then to annoy people who like the game and play regardless of what others say

Martius

SSSmokin!
The problem right now is we don't even know how much these companies even value criticism anymore and even if they do, do they even really bother to check? Just look at D3. Not that I'm comparing NT and Capcom to Blizzard but it's just an example of how times are changing now when it comes to companies interacting with the fans.We just never know anymore is all.
Blizzard is good example. Inferno was supposed to be end game, but people were not happy with only that so right now they are adding new stuff except balance patches like monster power option or infernal machine. It looks like some companies need some reminder that happy consumer=good consumer and "our client, our lord".

Blacknerd

I don't care I just want a sequel to DmC cause you cant just start one story and say **** it cause x fans and x casuals don't want it no more DmC back to DMC 5

but then ho wait DMC 5 doesn't live up to fan expectations and they complain about DMC 5 not being as good as the previous

its a never ending cluster **** of no one gets what they want.

I mean look at it this way the only way DMC 5 would sell well is because all fans would be happy to see "real, old dante" and blah blah blah people would then just buy it because its flashy and DMC 5.

Know what I find funny people are calling MGR the real DMC when the game plays nothing like DMC but because 60 fps and over the top Japanese and and quick time events and and cheese fries and....CAN WE JUST GO BACK TO PLAYING GAMES AND LIKING THEM @___@

Martius

SSSmokin!
sad thing is, some fans actually think that's the way businesses work -_-
Come on, people who dont like idea of reboot wont buy it just because it have dmc sticker slapped on it. Beside that i dont like how badly NT and Capcom managed pr and how far they are going with dlc.

AlchemistFromEden

Come on, people who dont like idea of reboot wont buy it just because it have dmc sticker slapped on it. Beside that i dont like how badly NT and Capcom managed pr and how far they are going with dlc.
how far they are going with dlc? wtf? there's a limit to how much additional content a company can put out for a game it released? must have missed that rule,plus, i don't think they need to respect people who send them death threats and constantly spew **** in their face for three years, and don' try using terms like PR just because kids like tocool used it because they don't know that the game design environment is extremely casual-_-

Drake

Well with how Capcom is running they will probley just let DMC die or put it on the shelf for a time and came back to it. Also how some people are saying Dmc 2 or nothing, are you freaking kiddy me. If you are saying that because you truly believe Capcom will just make DMC5 a cash grab and put no effort into it I can understand that, but if you are saying that just because you like the new game I don't get that. As I said before the old series is what made you a fan , why would you want it to just die off. Dmc is a step back in terms of gameplay, also the story has been done before.

AlchemistFromEden

Well with how Capcom is running they will probley just let DMC die or put it on the shelf for a time and came back to it. Also how some people are saying Dmc 2 or nothing, are you freaking kiddy me. If you are saying that because you truly believe Capcom will just make DMC5 a cash grab and put no effort into it I can understand that, but if you are saying that just because you like the new game I don't get that. As I said before the old series is what made you a fan , why would you want it to just die off. Dmc is a step back in terms of gameplay, also the story has been done before.
the story has been done before? how is that a legitimate complaint when you could switch dmc3's characters with inuyasha characters and get the same exact plot

All of the dlc is cosmetic costumes that add nothing to the game content or **** that used to come as a standard feature. Imagine a Mega Man game offering Use the Robot Master's Weapons DLC

Get it for free a month after release by preordering only at Gamestop™

Power to the players!

Drake

the story has been done before? how is that a legitthe imate complaint when you could switch dmc3's characters with inuyasha characters and get the same exact plot
What are you taking about with Inuyasha, guess Dante was looking for a sacred jewel and Lady came out of a well ,are you saying that just because Dante has white hair and wears red, Same story type as They Live and The Matrix

Nelo_Vergil

ah sweet irony was not so long ago people were also saying DMC5 or nothing? that aside i recommend we don't start talking about whats been done before let alone in a DMC game. Just to e clear though most of the fans are from the old series yes but we didn't all start at DMC1 and even then the old series got really bland at 4. I don't want the old series to die off but i sure as hell don't want it to get ruined just because the fans want another game when the devs aren't really wanting to make one.

Nelo_Vergil

What are you taking about with Inuyasha, guess Dante was looking for a sacred jewel and Lady came out of a well ,are you saying that just because Dante has white hair and wears red, Same story type as They Live and The Matrix

do you watch inuyasha? you wouldn't imagine the similarities in character between dante,vergil,inuyasha,and sesshomeru.

Nelo_Vergil

All of the dlc is cosmetic costumes that add nothing to the game content or **** that used to come as a standard feature. Imagine a Mega Man game offering Use the Robot Master's Weapons DLC

Get it for free a month after release by preordering only at Gamestop™

Power to the players!
vergils downfalll disagrees

AlchemistFromEden

Dante
- Half human half Demon
Inuyasha
-Same

Dante
-His father's sword is legendary and incredibly powerful.
Inuyasha
-Same

Dante
-The sword has a weaker form called Force Edge which isn't oh too useful and when stregthened in its true form is called Sparda.
Inuyasha
-More or less the same

Dante
- Incredibly powerful and has extreme recovery rate
Inuyasha
-Same

Dante
-Has something of a special necklace
Inuyasha
-Same

Dante
-Has a brother that is wayy cooler(ok up to opinion i know >_>) and stronger then him. His brother is much more of the reserved,stern, warrior type of personality which contrast his cocky trash talking nature. Also his brother doesn't like humans/his own human side.
Inuyasha
-Same

Dante
-At one point gets pwned by his brother (DMC3)
Inuyasha
-more or less the same (EP7..etc)

Dante
- At one point fights alongside his brother
Inuyasha
-Same (Brothers in Arms EP 79 - 81)

Dante
-Can become a full demon given the right circumstance
Inuyasha
-Same (Ep 52 The Unstoppable Demon Within etc)

Dante
-Wears mostly all red
Inuyasha
-Same

Dante
-Has white hair
Inuyasha
-Same

Vergil
- Has three weapons (Force Edge, Beowulf, Yanmato)
Sesshomaru
- Same (Tenseiga, Tokijin, Bakusaiga)

Dante
-Trish resembles his mother
Inuyasha
-Kagome resembles Kikyo

And.........
both have 4 NA released games
>_>
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
Devil May Cry 4
InuYasha: A Feudal Fairy Tale
InuYasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask
InuYasha: Feudal Combat
InuYasha: Secret of the Divine Jewel

Dante the Demon slayer

I started with DMC4 I thought it was awesome then playing the others and realized it is not so awesome but I do not think that the new DmC is a step back at all in fact I enjoyed more then DMC1 and 2 and 4 nearly everyone has said the old series was getting bland I think Capcom went the wrong way with it by making the order how it is Dante's main enemy died in DMC1 it would make hell of alot more sense if DMC1 was like DMC 3 or 2 and DMC3 was DMC1 because by the time DMC1 ended Dante basically killed the only threat to himself left in the is one how ever they are actually doing it how I think it should of been done from the start.

Drake

ah sweet irony was not so long ago people were also saying DMC5 or nothing? that aside i recommend we don't start talking about whats been done before let alone in a DMC game. Just to e clear though most of the fans are from the old series yes but we didn't all start at DMC1 and even then the old series got really bland at 4. I don't want the old series to die off but i sure as hell don't want it to get ruined just because the fans want another game when the devs aren't really wanting to make one.
People don't like 4 because of the backtracking which was lazy as hell on Capcoms part, combat was not stale, after DMC 1 more things were added to the combat with every game, even lame ass DMC2 addded something that was carried on to the latter games

Drake

Dante
- Half human half Demon
Inuyasha
-Same

Dante
-His father's sword is legendary and incredibly powerful.
Inuyasha
-Same

Dante
-The sword has a weaker form called Force Edge which isn't oh too useful and when stregthened in its true form is called Sparda.
Inuyasha
-More or less the same

Dante
- Incredibly powerful and has extreme recovery rate
Inuyasha
-Same

Dante
-Has something of a special necklace
Inuyasha
-Same

Dante
-Has a brother that is wayy cooler(ok up to opinion i know >_>) and stronger then him. His brother is much more of the reserved,stern, warrior type of personality which contrast his cocky trash talking nature. Also his brother doesn't like humans/his own human side.
Inuyasha
-Same

Dante
-At one point gets pwned by his brother (DMC3)
Inuyasha
-more or less the same (EP7..etc)

Dante
- At one point fights alongside his brother
Inuyasha
-Same (Brothers in Arms EP 79 - 81)

Dante
-Can become a full demon given the right circumstance
Inuyasha
-Same (Ep 52 The Unstoppable Demon Within etc)

Dante
-Wears mostly all red
Inuyasha
-Same

Dante
-Has white hair
Inuyasha
-Same

Vergil
- Has three weapons (Force Edge, Beowulf, Yanmato)
Sesshomaru
- Same (Tenseiga, Tokijin, Bakusaiga)

Dante
-Trish resembles his mother
Inuyasha
-Kagome resembles Kikyo

And.........
both have 4 NA released games
>_>
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening